Plastic Archon conversions?

ServoBadger

Firstly, so nice to be able to talk about my second army on B&C!

As well as my beloved Blood Angels, I have a decent sized Dark Eldar army and I'd like to celebrate the arrival of 8th with a new Archon, to replace or supplement my existing metal one.  The trouble is, I'm really not keen on the plastic version's standard pose!

Has anyone used the plastic model to make something a bit more dynamic, and if so would you be willing to share pictures?

Thanks!

I plan to converting one. Not sure if plastic or metal yet; but in the plastic spectrum and depending on what do you want to achieve visually speaking, maybe the old plastic Imperial Militia bits can be of some help (they do appeal to me at least) if you can find some for cheap on ebay. Leather boots, straps, extra knives, etc.

Does it have to be all plastic? I'm working on one of two Archons for my army and she uses a Finecast body from a Fantasy model. If you want, I can probably upload a picture or two of her later tonight after I glue her together.

Your best bet is probably going to your search engine of choice and typing in "Dark Eldar Archon Conversions". There are a lot of really cool looking conversions out there and there are some that I'm not sure how they qualify as such. Especially some of the Haemonculus conversions. Bleh!

If the question ever pops into your head of if you should maybe upload a picture of something, the answer should be:

I'll upload a picture or two of her later tonight after I glue her together.

:biggrin.:

*edit* 

Me personally, being a crazy conversion guy, would probably try to make my own using the plastic multi-part kits rather than the existing Archon model. If you want to see what I did with some of the Kabalite bits as far as conversions and dynamic posing go, check out my pics in the Eldar Craftworld Show Your Stuff thread. 

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Does it have to be all plastic? I'm working on one of two Archons for my army and she uses a Finecast body from a Fantasy model. If you want, I can probably upload a picture or two of her later tonight after I glue her together.

Your best bet is probably going to your search engine of choice and typing in "Dark Eldar Archon Conversions". There are a lot of really cool looking conversions out there and there are some that I'm not sure how they qualify as such. Especially some of the Haemonculus conversions. Bleh!

Isabella Von Carstein? Would be good to see in any case.

Edited by Mirbeau

Isabella Von Carstein? Would be good to see in any case.

Bingo! She's been used as an Archon base for other people but I wanted to have a crack at her with my own ideas. She's coming together but very slowly.