Starting army help

Demonic95

heyy guys :) 

ive recently thought about coming back to the game, and i was set on a chaos army (which will probably be done in the future :P)

but still, ive never liked eldar and so never even looked at dark eldar, not even their model range, but with the start of 8th and watching many battlereports....my god, what beautiful models, especially the vehicles, and ironically enough the army that i paid no attention to is the one that suits me perfectly :P 

now i want a highly mechanized army (probably the norm) and i have most of the staples of my list done, but i just dont know what to pick when it comes to the hq, So what does everyone else use, plan to use (and what unit would go with it etc) 

sorry but im just really stumped

thanks in advance :D 

That its very much dependent on what you wanna do with your army. 

I have a list full of Venoms with Truborn Kabalites with Blasters; this is the most shooty of the whole lists. An Archon with a small group of his Court make it a little bit interesting too.

Another is a list full of raiders, with a mix of Kabalite Warriors, Wyches and of course, our favorite drug goblins, the Hellions. Hellions can actually ride the raiders now, so they have a decent protection before jumping out and assaulting.  

I'm still torn between picking the flyers or the Ravagers. 

Ran

heyy guys :smile.:

ive recently thought about coming back to the game, and i was set on a chaos army (which will probably be done in the future :tongue.:)

but still, ive never liked eldar and so never even looked at dark eldar, not even their model range, but with the start of 8th and watching many battlereports....my god, what beautiful models, especially the vehicles, and ironically enough the army that i paid no attention to is the one that suits me perfectly :tongue.:

now i want a highly mechanized army (probably the norm) and i have most of the staples of my list done, but i just dont know what to pick when it comes to the hq, So what does everyone else use, plan to use (and what unit would go with it etc) 

sorry but im just really stumped

thanks in advance :biggrin.:

It would help if you post the list here, but an Archon is always an option (mine will have agonizer and blast pistol).