Land Raiders

Blakklist

Seeing as vehicles are now a hot commodity in 8th edition and the GK have limited choices, what is your feeling about the land raider. I know last edition Crusader was the preference. Is that still true or do you feel the redeemer has a more compelling reason for the top spot?

I made a list with two of them.... the cost of a single land raider is very expensive... compared to other editions, but his durability has increased a lot.

the list was .

Voldus

Brother Captain

Apotecary

Paladin Ancient

Paladin Squad (3 man), 1 hammer

Paladin Squad (3 man), 1 hammer

Purifier Squad (10 man) , 5 falchion

Land Raider, storm bolter

Land Raider Redeemer, storm bolter

Rhino (for purifiers),2x storm bolter

Purifiers hit very hard, even with a -1 attack (base)....  but Land Raiders, wow... i was impressed with his survivabilty

While it’s true that Land Raiders are great now — I watched a DA Land Raider Crusader work over some Dark Eldar on the weekend — it’s an interesting conundrum for Grey Knights.

Yes, they’re good. But they’re expensive and we have so few models already. I have one, but I’m not sure it’s worth the amount of models I need to lose to take it. It’s going to take a few games before I can really figure that out.

If anyone is running one at the moment, please share your insights. I’m feeling pretty indecisive about it.