Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Units for a 30k Army

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,144 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
I have pulled the trigger on the master crafted flamer.

I have ordered bits to fully transform all of Calth and Prospero boxes into a Salamanders 30k army. So what I know I will use of that:
HQs from Calth
30 Tactical marines
10 man flamer squad
Cataphractii Terminators
Tartaros Terminators

Leftovers:
20 tacticals free for conversion to other units. (Heavy Support squads?)
Vanilla Contemptor

Planned future purchases:
Firedrakes 5x
Pyroclasts 5x
Salamander Contemptor
Infurnace Predator

So what else? Every 30k army I see seems to have at least one expensive tank/dread. What other units would be needed and/or fluffy?

DwarvenJTH

DwarvenJTH

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Yeah vehicles seem like a must. Definitely some rhinos for the tactical squads and maybe a spartan (pretty expensive model but it is a great tank).

With your planned future purchases you should  have a very nice fluffy salamanders army.

Using leftovers you have a few options. I was able to build 5 man heavy support squad with missile launchers and a 5 man despoiler squad from my Calth box. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users