Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Starting a second army: Deathguard and Chaos

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

micahwc

micahwc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

Here is a slightly more doucheier version of the above. Three detachments. No brigade, but two battalions and a supreme command detachment. I lose out on my chaos spawn and marauders, but I gain 3 more Malefic Lords and 2 heavy bolters. It also gives me a 30 man unit of cultists to infiltrate instead of just 10 man units.

Detachment 1, RnH, Battalion Detachment. +3 command points

Malefic Lord

Malefic Lord

Malefic Lord

10x cultists

10x cultists

10x cultists

Earthshaker Battery

Earthshaker Battery

Earthshaker Battery

Detachment 2, RnH, Supreme Command Detachment, +1 command point

Malefic Lord

Malefic Lord

Malefic Lord

Detachment 3, Alpha Legion, Battalion Detachment, +3 command points

Chaos Lord, bolt pistol, power fist

Chaos Sorcerer, bolt pistol, force sword

30x cultists

5x Chaos marines, heavy bolter

5x Chaos marines, heavy bolter

5x Havoks, 4x Lascannons

5x Havoks, 4x Missile Launchers

5x Havoks, 4x Missile Launchers

Pros over the previous list: More smite, More chances for Malefic Lords to hulk out. 2 extra heavy bolters. A large group of cultists to infiltrate/tide of traitors. More heavy weapons than previous list. Cost less command points to mass infiltrate.

Cons: No sniper rifles, lose 4 units of marauders and three chaos spawn. Less bodies on the field. "Only" 10 command points instead of 13.

Edited by micahwc, Yesterday, 02:07 PM.

The Codex Astartes no doubt has guidance that covers that kind of situation - long, detailed advice that would essentially boil down to "shoot the choppy ones, chop the shooty ones".

micahwc

micahwc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts

My AoS Khorne Blood Reivers arrived last night. I got all 40 put together. I think they will look great as Khorne dedicated cultists with brutal assault weapons. My DV chosen with axe and chosen with mace also arrived. They will be my Exalted Champion with Power Axe (Axe of the blind furry) and Dark Apostle with power maul (the Mace of Color).

The Codex Astartes no doubt has guidance that covers that kind of situation - long, detailed advice that would essentially boil down to "shoot the choppy ones, chop the shooty ones".

micahwc

micahwc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
My Iwata Eclipse seems to have died. :( Ordered a patriot 105 overnight. I'm hoping the .5 will be a bit easier to spray than the .3 of the eclipse.

micahwc

micahwc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 553 posts
Sad news. I was asked to reschedule a commitment and I will not be able to participate in the tournament.

Badger 105 will arrive tomorrow so I'll start painting again then. I need to prime and base coat a lot of models. The airbrush makes it easy as I can literally do 40 miniatures in a batch quickly, and the paint goes on smoothly. its also great for vehicles. I can not get even coats on tanks with a brush no matter how much I've tried. Airbrush does it so much better and faster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users