What is Caliban: Deathworld?

Kelborn

Hail brothers,

I was doing some research regarding the Knights of the Order / Caliban. Then I found several pieces of art, depicting said Knights like this one:

http://orig07.deviantart.net/9d55/f/2016/338/e/c/knight_of_order_by_advisorium-daqhrlu.jpg

All of the sudden did some of them have a shared keyword, Caliban: Deathworld

I had a look by myself but all I could find was a russian page and what seems to be an album, which covers the theme of Caliban.

Here's the link for the album I found:

https://flecktarnproductions.bandcamp.com/album/raise-your-torches-caliban-death-world-original-soundtrack

So my question is: what is it? Is it just about this album? Then why create several related pieces of art? Is it more and I haven't found out yet?

For now, it looks promising to get into the right mood for Caliban. But I'm not sure about it as well.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Kelborn

Can't speak for the album but the image does look like the one in Descent of Angels (which I can't seem to find anywhere) of the Knights of the Order before the arrival of the Imperium. They had primitive chainswords, bolt pistols and Power Armour.

I would think that the art you've found is inspired by 30K but the album is unrelated (probably Shakespeare's Caliban, not GWs).

Edit: Just had a look at the album and I don't think it's Shakespeare's Caliban anymore. ;)

Still don't think it's GWs either but it could be inspired by it.

Edited by Corswain

Caliban was a Deathworld but it was destroyed during the Horus Heresy and its sole remnant became The Rock.

You serious? What a spoiler... :P

So it is an album, inspired by GWs Caliban. Well, I'll give it a try but I had hoped for something like a supplement for an rpg or something similar. Mostly because of the dedicated art but hey, an album for a DA fan? Nothing to complain about. ^^