So, where's Karlaen?

Irbis

Is it just me not reading the Index hard enough (only took cursory glance at BA so far) or is he indeed missing?

The other SC character, captain Artemis of DW, is in the book, so I thought Karlaen will get the rules in 8th too...

Karlaen is gone. Now there is only "Blood Angels Terminator Captain"

Which is nice, because it's not like he was in the same book in the fluff depicted as this model.... :cry:

Also it's not like 1/3 of the entire book was about him specifically along with a 2 page spread called "Karlean's Strike Force" with a THIRD page detailing all the units of said force.

Did all of the characters from the campaign boxes get 8th edition rules? Obviously Eldrad did as he was an existing character anyway, but what about Krom Dragongaze, the Spawn of Cryptus and Grukk Face-Rippa?

If they all did then it seems odd that Karlaen was left out.

Did all of the characters from the campaign boxes get 8th edition rules? Obviously Eldrad did as he was an existing character anyway, but what about Krom Dragongaze, the Spawn of Cryptus and Grukk Face-Rippa?

If you can go into a GW and show me the model marked clearly as "Captain Karlaen" then he should have rules.

Sadly he's sold as a "Blood Angels Captain In Terminator Armour."

Funny thing is, even in Deathstorm the mini was labelled "Blood Angels Captain In Terminator Armour" but the booklet inside specifically said to use included Karlaen rules, sooo...

If you can go into a GW and show me the model marked clearly as "Captain Karlaen" then he should have rules.

You can't do that for Krom Dragongaze either though....

I can confirm that Krom Dragongaze did get a Datasheet. I've already made a Datasheet for Shascla Kais for the T'au guys, I could whip up a Karlaen too.

His old rule of a fixed warlord trait for reserve bonus due to tactical acumen is redundant in this edition, so can probably be replaced with +1 CP.

You can't do that for Krom Dragongaze either though....

Oh, but you can

When the BA codex is released there may be rules for both him and Death Company Chaplain in it. The Indexes on sale only include characters that are named on their box - as said above the Karlean Model is simply 'Blood Angels Captain in termy Armour' in his box.

When the BA codex is released there may be rules for both him and Death Company Chaplain in it. The Indexes on sale only include characters that are named on their box - as said above the Karlean Model is simply 'Blood Angels Captain in termy Armour' in his box.

Honestly though I hope that "Death Company Chaplain" doesn't come back; creating a datasheet for a non-special character with a fixed loadout just to match a model which could already be represented with existing rules seemed stupid to me in 7th and will seem no less stupid in 8th.

Funny thing is, he has entry because he is a character in PC game and as a part of marketing scheme not only said game got special entry in GW store, the characters in it were renamed too.

Honestly though I hope that "Death Company Chaplain" doesn't come back; creating a datasheet for a non-special character with a fixed loadout just to match a model which could already be represented with existing rules seemed stupid to me in 7th and will seem no less stupid in 8th.

Sadly there is a precedent already, DW terminator captain...