Blood angels army issues 6th edition 7ed codex

Benwin007

I'm a believer in BA but I am having so many problems when going against other armies almost like I can't get a good balance. I'm starting to feel like BA are a supporting army and not be a main list. Not many people are replying to my lists or topics if someone would be willing to talk I'd appreciate it and start putting down my ideas. Edited by Benwin007

Sorry dude, I haven't seen any topics started by you in this section!, got a link?

What are your problems. Have you looked at any of the numerous 8th ed tactica threads? They're a good place to start.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334153-8th-ed-ba-tactica/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334982-post-release-roundtable-what-worked-what-didnt/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334134-8th-list-points-discussion-and-considerations/

EDIT:

Looking at your profile to see what I missed, I can see only 3 topics started, including this one. Also:

The DC strike force allows to take a stormraven gunship as dedicated transport now will the dreadnought be able to embark on these gunships as well?

Depending on the type of games your playing/planning to play, keep in mind the DC Strike Force formation doesn't exist in 8th ed

Thanks for the heads up but my group will be playing 6th Ed rules with splash 7th for a while

Are you playing 8th ed? There's almost 5 years of material to trawl through here if you are playing 6th ed.

Edited by Xenith

Okay, so some questions.

• What edition are you actually playing?
  • What kind of armies do you usually face?
  • What models do you actually have?

All of those things are going to influence the responses you get.

Also bear in mind that the majority of players will have moved (or shortly be moving) to 8th edition and the overwhelming majority of tactical discussions going forward on the forum will be about the newest version of the game. If your group is thinking about moving to 8th as well, the core rules are free to download and the Index books which cover lots of armies are relatively cheap.

I wish I knew how to change title this is 6th edition my group disliked 7th but we are using the codex lol. Against every army so far I can't seem to win. I try to balance my force for anti tank and troop. I only go 1 5man of DC with 2 power weapons Everything else I keep rotating since I keep losing.

Edit post -> use full editor -> edit title

The Blood Angels 5th ed codex was actually really strong with the 6th ed ruleset.

If you're playing 6th, I'd use the actual rules you were supposed to be using with it - the 5th ed codex over the 7th.

Death co are expensive, but worth it.

Edited by Xenith

I am playing a campaign right now and my base army that is fixed now is 2 scout squads 5 man 2 land speeders dc chaplain whirlwind and dc 5 man. I usually add some heavy hitters like predators when I'm told what point count. When we play large points I add stormraven for my DC squad and dc dreadnought.

Edit post -> use full editor -> edit title

The Blood Angels 5th ed codex was actually really strong with the 6th ed ruleset.

If you're playing 6th, I'd use the actual rules you were supposed to be using with it - the 5th ed codex over the 7th.

Death co are expensive, but worth it.

Was 5ed ba codex the printable one?

The one army I can't even come close to beating are eldar stupid soul burst.

If you're trying to use an older codex against the Ynari you're doing it wrong.  The Eldar codex in general in 7th was by leaps and bounds the most powerful of the edition.  Trying to fight it with a codex from 5th or even 4th (PDF White Dwarf Codex) is never going to be a fair fight, no matter what you do.  My suggestion would be to try to talk your group into 8th so everybody has an even playing field.  If thats not possible I'm affraid most of us won't have many suggestions.  Most people don't play using 6th edition core rules with one codex from 7th edition against a codex from 4th or 5th edition.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

If your group wants to play 6th edition then they cant use any 7th edition codexes. If they want to use any 7th edition codexes then they should play 7th for everyone otherwise thats cheating as those arent legal 6th ed rules. Or they can actually give 8th edition a chance (assuming the eldar/ynarri player dares give anyone else a chance).

The one army I can't even come close to beating are eldar stupid soul burst.

Yes, because youre playing one of the weakest 7th ed codexes vs one of the strongest 7th ed.

If you're playing 6th, play with only 6th codexes. The balanace was ok then. Eldar were still powerful, but not as insane as 7th.

If you want even more balance, go back to 5th ed, or play 8th ed.

As with Leonides above, is the loudest voice against moving to 8th from the Ynnari player? They are stilll strong but dont crush as much face as they did in 7th.

If you want fair games, move to 8th or 5th, as I said. If you want unbalanced games where BA lose and Eldar win, play with the 7th ed codexes.

I

Edited by Xenith

To put it another way, once upon a time there was no rule specifying the width of a cricket bat. One joker with a 2ft wide bat later and now there is a maximum width allowed. You are being forced to play against someone who is using a 2ft wide bat who is forcibg you to use a 4 inch bat.

Other than 8th, I firmly believe that rules wise, 7th is the best GW has ever put out. I just think that the list building and detachment system is what bogged it down. 

For whatever its worth, if you want a really solid, good game, try single Combined Arms Detachment lists with 7th.  Brilliant way to play the game.  

Sounds like your group (or at least someone in it) is taking the mickey, to be honest. If they want to play 6th Edition then they shouldn't be using 7th Edition army lists, especially not the notoriously overpowered Craftworlds book or the even-worse Ynnari list. 

I'll continue to suggest trying to bring everybody into 8th; initial buy-in cost is very low and it's a hard reset for every army which brings them much closer together in terms of balance.

If you insist on playing 6th however, see if you can convince people to use the appropriate rules for that edition. That's the 6th Edition Eldar codex, no Ynnari list at all, and the 5th Edition Blood Angels book.