Kol's Legion War Thread

Bright colors later, eh? Better to do a few thin layers than obscure all that detail under too thick a coat.

What was the problem with the glue and how did you remedy it? I am always look for stronger/better ways of applying adhesives.

I guess the pieces weren't maintaining contact long enough to bond properly, so I kept thinking they were sticking together and then they'd fall apart.

Excessus recommended drilling holes in each piece and then using small pieces of paper clips to pin the pieces together until they could bond properly.

Unfortunately, I've seem to have lost the hobby drill I bought forever and a half ago, so instead I very carefully used a small c-clamp to hold them together! lol

Although the backpack is a little lopsided. C'est la vie.

Yeah, my conversions always have some flimsy pieces that needs to be pinned. :P

It's going to be awesome to see all the entrys getting finished. I think the Black Legion has the most vows so far.

Yeah, my conversions always have some flimsy pieces that needs to be pinned. :P

It's going to be awesome to see all the entrys getting finished. I think the Black Legion has the most vows so far.

Good thing they're not known for finishing the job then, huh? ;)

So yeah, not a widely known fact, but May-June 2016, an autoimmune infection shut down my pancreas and caused me to go through diabetic ketoacidosis, after which I was diagnosed type 1 diabetic.

That's not the important part. At the time, the doctors had been telling me that my loss vision at the time was just temporary stress, but there is always chance of damage. Everything went back to normal so I didn't worry about it. Until I tried to paint highlights today. Because I actually cannot focus on the model enough to even attempt to accurately paint highlights.

So forgive me. Because now my noble sorcerer of the VIII Legion has bright blue splotches on him. Which, I mean, I guess it works because of the story I was going to wrote about him where he had been living on a spacehulk, but it really pisses me off.

So progress is either going to be really slow or messy. Possibly slow and messy. But dammit I'm going to finish this mini.

Anyway, another wip pic, showing my messy blue splotches.

med_gallery_64871_13291_405010.jpg

EDIT: Helps if I actually upload the pic.

Anyone use those magnifying glasses on a stand? Suggestions for a cheap one would be appreciated. :D

Edited by Kol Saresk

So, I'm not entirely too impressed with myself, but considering it's only my fourth model and I tried a lot of things from dry paints to mixing paints and really pushing myself......... it could have been worse. So without a further ado, the White Angel.

med_gallery_64871_13291_275516.jpg

med_gallery_64871_13291_533686.jpg

med_gallery_64871_13291_442793.jpg

I was going to post a story with it, but I haven't written it yet. I will try to post it later.

As promised, short and sweet.

"Hey, George, you sure this is the way to go?" Davie asked, as he stepped over the umpteenth piece of debris in the corridor.

"Yeah I'm sure Davie. The elders always said to avoid the doors with skulls on 'em 'cause that's where the White Angel lived. We went through the skull doors. Ain't no way to get it wrong Davie." George replied.

"But don't that mean we gotta worry about the White Angel? I don't wanna worry about him." Jimmy asked.

The trio stopped moving as George, the oldest of the three teenagers turned back towards the other two.

"Listen, we all know the stories that there's treasure in this part of the hulk. The White Angel is a myth the adults made 'cause they're scared of the dark underbowels. All we gots to do is go down there, get the treasure, come back and be heroes. Who knows, maybe we can talk to the Traders and finally get out and see the Outside. You gotta think with your smartstick Jimmy." he scolded them.

Satisfied they were suitably chided, everyone began moving again, hefting their rifles.

"We shoulda brought coldjacks" Jimmy said, sometime later as everyone began to shiver from the increasing cold.

"Just shut it-" George stopped mid-sentence. "Hey, where's Davie?"

Both boys furiously looked around and then started moving back down the corridor.

CLANG!

They jumped as the sound echoed down one of the side corridors that remained unexplored.

"Hey guys! Come quick! I think I found it!"

George and Jimmy ran down the darkened corridor until it emptied into a massive chamber.

It was mostly unadorned except for some strange silver circle on the floor and the White Angel.

"George! Look out!" Jimmy fired a shot that panged off of the statue on its throne.

"Get off! Don't you see it ain't nuttin to worry about? It's just some statue. Go figure the adults were scared of nuttin." he replied as he stepped forward. He still didn't see Davie or any of the treasure. Did they head the right way?

"Hey George, are you alright? There's blood on your shoulder."

George looked in time to see another drop fall into his shoulder. He looked up to see Davie's bloodied face staring back down at him, wide-eyed in death.

"Aren't you happy to see me George?" Davie's voice issued from the statue as its green eyes lit up.

It slowly tilted its head to the side.

"You don't look happy to see me."

Good lore, and the model look pretty nice! If you have problems with highlighting, perhaps use washes to achieve an interesting and good looking effect? With the right application of washes in the right areas, you can get an ace looking model.