Wraithwing's Primaris Novamarines - The Glorious 4th.

I've got mad respect for anyone who paints halved/quartered schemes, and you've done this one really well (I'm also convinced such people must be insane, but whaddaya gonna do!).

Also shout-out to those power weapons, they look fantastic!

Smooth painting and divide between the colours, the Captain's blade looks cracking too.

These are absolutely glorious!

These are excellent

Thanks for the kind comments all!

Still chipping away at these. Made some progress with the Intercessor Sergeant, though still lots to do:

gallery_5348_3397_68729.jpg

What are your thoughts on red helms for sergeants on split scheme chapters?

Part of me wants to do it, part of me doesn't, and wants to keep the split helm.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

WW

I've got a soft spot for Novamarines – love the chapter's heraldry and background – and these look fantastic.

Part of me wants to do it, part of me doesn't, and wants to keep the split helm. 

I'd suggest using an alternative Codex marking; keep the split scheme on the helm, but paint the skull device on the forehead red to mark him out as a sergeant. 

Edited by Apologist

My vote is for red too. It's the codex, and the Novamarines are know to take it fairly seriously - as I understand it, they've attacked non-compliant chapters before without any provocation. (Well, beside the whole non-compliance thing) 

I don't see them going against the codex, really, so I'd say red. From a modelling/painting perspective, I think it works best too, to make him stand out a bit.

I gotta say, I'm feeling tempted to take out my old Novas...

I've got a soft spot for Novamarines – love the chapter's heraldry and background – and these look fantastic.

I'd suggest using an alternative Codex marking; keep the split scheme on the helm, but paint the skull device on the forehead red to mark him out as a sergeant.

Paint it Red . That is what I did in mine.

My vote is for red too. It's the codex, and the Novamarines are know to take it fairly seriously - as I understand it, they've attacked non-compliant chapters before without any provocation. (Well, beside the whole non-compliance thing)

I don't see them going against the codex, really, so I'd say red. From a modelling/painting perspective, I think it works best too, to make him stand out a bit.

I gotta say, I'm feeling tempted to take out my old Novas...

Thanks for the feedback chaps. I might have to paint up an additional Novamarines with a red helmet before I commit.

While I agree they are Codex compliant, they don't use company markings at all, so they have been known to deviate from the Codex on the subject of markings. You could also reason that with the return of the G-man, he's making adjustments to the Codex Astartes as well, so theres that.

Anyway, here are a couple more Intercessors that are well on their way:

gallery_5348_3397_6162.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_27505.jpg

Hope to have this unit done by the end of the week.

Cheers,

WW

more lovely progress here, models are looking excellent.

The new models look good.

Fantastic work:thumbsup: Your split pattern painting and highlighting is great. Combined with your excellent posing makes for some very dynamic looking Astartes indeed:yes:

Thanks for the kind words guys! I can't take credit for the posing Brother Lunkhead, these are the snap fit Primaris from the Dark Imperium boxed set. They're excellent miniatures.

Heres the latest updates, hoping to get this squad done by the end of the weekend:

gallery_5348_3397_43462.jpg

Cheers,

WW

Wonderful  Nova's. The only thing I would suggest you consider is some tufted grass, probably the wheat colored version to add a little dimension to the bases. This will also help the figures a bit as well.

Marvelous work overall. My first SM was a DIY chapter  that  was split scheme (white/black), so I know  what you are working  through.

Bravo!

lovely work! I'm very jealous of how nicely these are coming out so quickly

Wonderful  Nova's. The only thing I would suggest you consider is some tufted grass, probably the wheat colored version to add a little dimension to the bases. This will also help the figures a bit as well.

Marvelous work overall. My first SM was a DIY chapter  that  was split scheme (white/black), so I know  what you are working  through.

Bravo!

Thanks chaps!

@Honda, yes, that's the plan. Haven't got round to adding them to the Gravis Captain, but will do soon. I've used similar on my Space Wolves. 

These are really awesome!  You do very crisp work, I love it.  

I also think they would look great with a red helm for the Sgt, but I was also thinking you could just do the vent ridge on the helmet to show rank.  Or maybe something not on the helm at all, like maybe do the left knee pad red.  

Thanks for sharing.

Good gaming!

Wes

These are really awesome! You do very crisp work, I love it.

I also think they would look great with a red helm for the Sgt, but I was also thinking you could just do the vent ridge on the helmet to show rank. Or maybe something not on the helm at all, like maybe do the left knee pad red.

Thanks for sharing.

Good gaming!

Wes

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback!

Just a small update tonight while I wait for some varnish to dry. Finally made some progress on my Primaris Lieutenant after months!

gallery_5348_3397_47821.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_3951.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_40169.jpg

First Intercessor Squad should be done tonight, so will share pics of these tomorrow!

Cheers,

WW

So, finally finished my first Intercessor Squad, as well as a Lieutenant.

Just need to finish the squad markings on all these. Trying to decide whether to freehand it or print transfers.

Anyway, here are some shots of the finished minis, as well as a group shot of all Novamarines so far:

gallery_5348_3397_1356.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_31441.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_27804.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_22767.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_7953.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_7383.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_28221.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_4700.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_7238.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_27387.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_17775.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_21952.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_38066.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_13530.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_32705.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_29127.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_13404.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_18414.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_20421.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_28544.jpg

Cheers,

WW

Just a small update today.

Working on a new Primaris Captain, as he's a bit cheaper points wise than the Gravis Captain, so like to have options. Also feel he's a more 'personal' mini to lead the army, being a conversion and all:

gallery_5348_3397_37654.jpg

Not convinced about the head. Would love to get my hands on the helmeted head from the Anniversary Primaris Captain. All credit goes to Blindhamster, who I blatantly stole the pose for this Captain from!

Also, reinforcements have arrived!

gallery_5348_3397_66637.jpg

Just need the Repulsor now for a full 2000 point army.

Cheers,

WW

• 1 month later...

Where did you get those sweet Nova Marines shoulder pads? I was so close to doing Nova Marines but I don't really like using decals. :/

The white looks really good too! If you have a spare model you should try doing the cold white approach where they get the white base down and glaze over it with light blue. I wonder if it will tie the white into the blue quarters better than the gray. Don't get me wrong. It looks amazing as it is. There are just so many ways to paint white. ^_^

Very nice models, always loved the Novamarines colour scheme!

Just jaw dropping work. Cant wait to see how G man looks omce painted

Where did you get those sweet Nova Marines shoulder pads? I was so close to doing Nova Marines but I don't really like using decals. :/

The white looks really good too! If you have a spare model you should try doing the cold white approach where they get the white base down and glaze over it with light blue. I wonder if it will tie the white into the blue quarters better than the gray. Don't get me wrong. It looks amazing as it is. There are just so many ways to paint white. :happy.:

Thanks guys!

The Novamarines shoulder pads are from the Deathwatch veterans kit. Took me quite a while trawling the net to get a decent supply. However, now, I've put an order in for PloKoone's stuff on Shapeways, so looking forward to giving those a try. It's cheaper than Edited by Wraithwing