Wraithwing's Primaris Novamarines - The Glorious 4th.

Realy like the way you've treated the swords. The choice of green is unique (no idea why I might like green as a contrast for blue :wink:) and the subtle striping along the blade gives it a pulsing/vibrating quality to paint job that I really like.

This is amazing work, I love seeing Primaris done as some of the lesser used Chapters.

Would you mind sharing your recipe for the blue? Looks like just the shade I want for my librarian.

Loving this mate keep it up :-) they look awesome!

Thanks guys!

The blue is super simple golfdeltafoxtrot. It's Macragge Blue, with a recess shade wash of Nuln Oil, tidy up any messy spots with Macragge Blue again, and then edge highlight in Calgar Blue. That's it!

Just thought I'd post a couple of minor updates to the Redemptor. Really enjoying this model!

gallery_5348_3397_7384.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_56126.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_28607.jpg

That's most of the miniature based and shaded. Just need to pick out the cables and pipes, and then shade the panels, then on to highlighting. Surprisingly quick to paint, but am on holiday from tomorrow, so this guy may have to wait until next weekend before he is finished!

Cheers,

WW

Though I prefer a more creamy white, your Novamarines look sharp! :tu:

What are you planning for after you finished your Hellblasters? Also, have you considered joining the ETL? Team Codex Space Marines could do with some more participants. :)

Great work. It's an old school clean painting style on the new kids on the block primaris marines. I love the nova marine scheme and without all the bling of the big chapters it puts me on the mind of "blue collar" marines. These are the guys putting in the work on the frontline while the poster boys are brushing the wolf pelts and polishing their golden armor.

Great, clean work as usual.

Though I prefer a more creamy white, your Novamarines look sharp! :thumbsup:

What are you planning for after you finished your Hellblasters? Also, have you considered joining the ETL? Team Codex Space Marines could do with some more participants. :smile.:

Amazing work there brother:thumbsup: I've really enjoyed watching your progress with the Novamarines..... thanks for sharing.

Great work. It's an old school clean painting style on the new kids on the block primaris marines. I love the nova marine scheme and without all the bling of the big chapters it puts me on the mind of "blue collar" marines. These are the guys putting in the work on the frontline while the poster boys are brushing the wolf pelts and polishing their golden armor.

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

Next up for the Primaris Novamarines are Reivers!

gallery_5348_3397_13409.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_25065.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_26059.jpg

Try as I might, I'm really not a fan of the Reivers skull helmets. At least, not for a quartered scheme.

As such, I've gone for regular mark X helms. Also using Plokoone's excellent chapter icons and squad markings.

Just the sergeant built for now. Need to add the gravchute to the backpack still.

Also want to get the Redemptor finished this week!

Cheers,

WW

• 2 weeks later...

Started to get some paint on my Novamarines Big Bobby G:

gallery_5348_3397_34051.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_49287.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_22766.jpg

I'll be painting the ornate trim on the blue quarters a nice, rich gold, as befits the Lord Commander of the Imperium.

However, I'm a bit stuck as to what to do with the trim on the white quarters. My usual gold (Retributer, highlighted) would feel too warm for the white, in my opinion, and would change the tone, and diminish the effect of the white.

I'm thinking about using silver, but wondered whether that would look too odd.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

What about white gold? I've got some old Shining Gold, which is a very silvery white gold, but what do I use as a base colour?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

WW

Edited by Wraithwing

Your Novamarines are spot on! The colors look crisp and smooth.

Gold on blue and silver on white sounds interesting. Do you have a test marine handy to try that on and see on a smaller scale if that would look good. Otherwise I would say  a good shade of gold for all of the trim would be fine. Going all silver/platinum doesn't sound that bad either.

Didn't really help but I think any of those would look good. Just test on a mini or if you got it photoshop.

These Novamarines are magnificent! Really nice and clean with well selected spot colours offsetting the blue and white.

For RG’s metal trim, a test mini would be a very good idea. You may find different metals work, or they make it chaotic whereas a unified light gold could tie things together. Only way to know for sure is to try it both ways.

I love the reiver heads, as in I try them out on everything I build, but the normal mark X head on the reiver looks fantastic. Better than on the intercessors themselves, maybe.

• 1 month later...

Couple of extra shots I didn't get round to posting the other day:

gallery_5348_3397_1824.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_33670.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_7069.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_39310.jpg

Want to try and get this guy done over the course of this week.

Need to get back to finishing up some squads, and getting ready for my Primaris Novamarines Kill Team!

Cheers,

WW

• 1 month later...

Things have been a bit quiet on this blog of late, but I've still been plugging away at my Novamarines.

Like so many others, Kill Team has really got my creative juices flowing, so wanted to do a Primaris Novamarines Kill Team that could pull double duty as an Intercessor squad for my 40K army.

Here's what I've done so far. These all now have some paint on them, but here's them at the build stage:

Leader:

gallery_5348_3397_40551.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_54282.jpg

Comms:

gallery_5348_3397_11451.jpg

gallery_5348_3397_135896.jpg

The pics are a bit big, so will repost them and the rest when I get home and can edit them properly.

Cheers,

WW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to put a quick post up to keep the ball rolling.

Have been working on my Novamarines Kill Team/Intercessor Squad over the last few weeks. Slow progress, but getting there.

Also done a bit more on this guys:

gallery_5348_3397_75278.jpg

Highlighted the blue and the green, but need to highlight everything else.

Cheers,

WW