Ambiguous Company Veteran points?

The Gozfather

**EDIT** Forget this. I'm a complete tool and have missed that there is an entry on the BA page. Oops.

Apologies if this has been raised somewhere else, but I couldn't see it.

Space Marine Company Veterans cannot take Jump Packs. The 'Blood Angels Chapter' page lists the SM units we can take, which includes Company Veterans, and they have the little '1' which means they can take Jump Packs for +1 Power cost and then the added rule changes.

There's no separate datasheet for BA Company Veterans, and no separate points cost for them in the BA section.

So...

If we give our Company Veterans Jump Packs, are these free?! I can't find a points cost for a Jump Pack on its own as it's usually included within the points cost of the model pre-wargear. With other units (Assault marines, VV's) Jump Packs seem to be going for +2/3pts a model so worth factoring this in to lists now for the inevitable FAQ/Codex release?

Also, as a slight aside, I might be being too pedantic with my reading of the Datasheets, but can the CV Sgt take a Storm shield? His entry states he can swap BP and CS for items from the Sgt equipment list, in which no Storm Shield is available. It states that "Any SM Veteran may swap..." but not specifically the Sgt.

For comparison, the VV Sgt has a specific option to take the Storm shield, with the rest of the squad having the option to take Storm shields as separate entries; "Any SM Veteran may replace...".

Get the feeling this has all been a little rushed and will end up with huge unwieldy FAQ or a complete re-write when the codex finally comes out.

Edited by The Gozfather

Nope he can't, thats fine he is in the unit and you can allocate wounds as you wish to the unit.  But because sarge doesn't have a storm shield when taking wounds roll invuns only to the number of storm shields in the unit and reduce that as they are removed till you end up with the sarge left.  Put a flamer and other good things on him.

We can apparently take Company Veterans with two Storm Shields, though, which I kinda want to convert up now, just for the mental image of a Marine who doesn't want to die so much he'd probably strap a third to his backpack if he could. Maybe even combat-shield greaves. "Your precious AP can't save you now!!!"

If we give our Company Veterans Jump Packs, are these free?! I can't find a points cost for a Jump Pack on its own as it's usually included within the points cost of the model pre-wargear. With other units (Assault marines, VV's) Jump Packs seem to be going for +2/3pts a model so worth factoring this in to lists now for the inevitable FAQ/Codex release?

Where did you get those numbers? I can't find points for jump packs, not even for the vanilla ASM. So unless I missed something jump packs do increase the PL but do not affect the pts.