Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught Primaris Marines

• Please log in to reply
387 replies to this topic

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

I'm not sure why everyone keeps treating supercharged plasma as the only option ever.

Yeah, I see this a lot, even though I personally plan on never overcharging unless I have nothing to lose anyway. I don't have the points to spend on HQs to babysit mass plasma squads and provide re-roll aura.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,162 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
The plasma has a big range. You certainly won't have to move often to fire it.

It's a strong option, and if equipped with it the Dread should perhaps be played more defensively as a counter charge unit.

-~Ishagu~-

Immersturm

Immersturm

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,353 posts
D6 is a bit hit or miss, but I guess that is why you have your CP. Still, you do not have much as a Primaris. I have used the 8ed LSV in games and the output was solid, although it was doing 2 damage without overloading. But not as good as a source of Plasma as regular dudes carrying it.

Be excellent to one another, and lean on your brothers and sisters when your patience grows slim

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,007 posts
  • Chapter Name: HH Hobby Bee.

I've also pre ordered two lol

Great! Now I am regretting only getting one #cry

Solid dakka platform. However, the current Plasma rules are dump, as the Macro Plasma Incinerator thingy overheats on a 1 and 2 if it moved. The overheating is affected by modifiers, right? Or is it a static roll of 1?.

Don't supercharge it. Problem solved
  • Avicenna likes this
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

Malus Trux

Malus Trux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 690 posts

Hey guys Warhammer Community put out points for the new units. Stock Redemptors cost 207 points but can be as low as 197 depending on upgrades.

ETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg
Repent! For tomorrow you die! For the Khan and the Emperor For Russ! For the Wolftime!

Fear our name, for it is vengeance Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war The Flesh Is Weak

We March for Macragge By the Blood Of Sanguinius Victorus aut Mortis

I have a lot of sympathy for the Mantis Warriors. They've had to endure some of the worst events in WH40k. The Badab War, the Tyranid incursions, C.S. Goto. The worst.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,162 posts

Hey guys Warhammer Community put out points for the new units. Stock Redemptors cost 207 points but can be as low as 197 depending on upgrades.

Double Gatling, Storm Bolters and Pods is a nice 202.
Same as above but swapping the big Gatling for Plasma is 197.

I think the pricing is competitive :-)

Edited by Ishagu, 23 July 2017 - 10:26 AM.

-~Ishagu~-

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,007 posts
  • Chapter Name: HH Hobby Bee.
202 is a nice points range for all that mid str dakka.
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

Retributis

Retributis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,399 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Sons of Penance

Double gatling sounds beast but hitting the bits sites for another gun is a pain :(

TrexPushups

TrexPushups

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts

Double gatling sounds beast but hitting the bits sites for another gun is a pain :(

Double Gatling refers to using the little gating included in the kit instead of the heavy flamer

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carcharodon Astra

All these point costs that don't end in 5 or 0 are annoying. Thankfully my list somehow ends in a 0.

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

CardinalVirtue

CardinalVirtue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 739 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Raven Order

All these point costs that don't end in 5 or 0 are annoying. Thankfully my list somehow ends in a 0.

You must have never played guard, orks, or any codex that had to pay for searchlights.
  • Immersturm likes this

Brother Cristopher

Brother Cristopher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,473 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Double Gatling, Storm Bolters and Pods is a nice 202.
Same as above but swapping the big Gatling for Plasma is 197.

I think the pricing is competitive :-)

Competitive, as in 'don't bother with Predators or old Dreadnought' (assuming the prices won't shift too much). ~200 points for a walker that tough with so much firepower, that's a bargain! But regardless of my reservations, this is how evolution works.

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,621 posts
I wouldn't say that at all. Its firepower is totally different. Predator Autocannons and whatever sponson you need will be a big target killer where as the Redemptor is a troop killer.

Old Dreads are clearly inferior though. Venerables and Contemptors are still good as they hit better and are therefore more mobile. Which means they can attack objectives.
  • Immersturm and Charlo like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dreadnaught, Primaris Marines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users