Some thoughts on Titanic Feet

Rakkis

This is a Rules as Written, vs. Rules as Intended thing. Titanic Feet states "Make 3 Hit rolls for each attack made with this weapon instead of 1", with a Knights 4 attacks, that means you're throwing 12 dice rather than 4, with each hit doing D3 wounds. So in the Fight Phase against another Knight, one with 2 shooting arms vs one with 1 shooting arm and a Reaper Chainsword(CS) or Thunderstrike(TS) Gauntlet, the CS/TS Knight rolls 4 die for his basic Attack profile, while the Shooty Knight Karate Kicks his opponent 12 times. 

It seems to me the rule Titanic Feet was intended as an Anti-Infantry assault option meant to depict "rules wise", a Knight crushing entire platoons beneath its well... Titanic feet. To that end i think it would be better served if it went something like this instead: "Against <Infantry> Make 3 Hit rolls for each attack made with this weapon instead of 1."

Anyway, just my thoughts after a few games, interested to see what the rest of you fine Fraters think. Cheers.

This is a Rules as Written, vs. Rules as Intended thing. Titanic Feet states "Make 3 Hit rolls for each attack made with this weapon instead of 1", with a Knights 4 attacks, that means you're throwing 12 dice rather than 4, with each hit doing D3 wounds. So in the Fight Phase against another Knight, one with 2 shooting arms vs one with 1 shooting arm and a Reaper Chainsword(CS) or Thunderstrike(TS) Gauntlet, the CS/TS Knight rolls 4 die for his basic Attack profile, while the Shooty Knight Karate Kicks his opponent 12 times. 

It seems to me the rule Titanic Feet was intended as an Anti-Infantry assault option meant to depict "rules wise", a Knight crushing entire platoons beneath its well... Titanic feet. To that end i think it would be better served if it went something like this instead: "Against <Infantry> Make 3 Hit rolls for each attack made with this weapon instead of 1."

Anyway, just my thoughts after a few games, interested to see what the rest of you fine Fraters think. Cheers.

Nah, it's fine as is - Math follows:

Assuming both knights are uninjured, for sake of simplicity.

Kick focused knight: 12 attacks, hitting on 3+, so an average of 8 hits. The Knight is S8 against his opponent's T8 (assuming Knight on Knight combat), so half of those wound (4). The Titanic Feet is only AP -2, so his opponent gets a 5+ save against them, so there are (8/3) unsaved wounds on average, each of which do an average of 1.5 damage (3/2) which nets out to an average four damage in a round of knight vs. knight combat.

Reaper Chainsword Knight: 4 attacks, hitting on a 3+, 8/3 hits. Of those hits, 2/3 wound (S12 vs. T8), so now you're at 16/9 wounds. The enemy only gets a 6+ save, so the target suffers 80/54 (40/27) unsaved wounds on average, each of which deal six damage, which results in 80/9 damage, or ~9 damage past.

Thunderstrike Gauntlet: 4 attacks, hitting on a 4+, 2 hits. Of these, 5/6 wound, due to being S16, so 10/6 wounds. These are all unsaved vs. another knight, because knights only get invuln saves vs. shooting. 10 damage on average.

The anti-armor weapons deal significantly more damage to hard targets due to their better AP and higher strength.

I'm not seeing a Official Rules question here. If you think something isn't right with the rules and want to change them, then the homegrown rules section is the correct place to discuss that, not here.