Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 - Craftworld Iyanden.

Aeldari Craftworld

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts
  • Faction: Red Scorpions

Just thought I would share my current list. Had a few games and so far its pretty fun.

Vanguard Detachment  - +1CP

HQ
[66] Spiritseer - RoB: Enhance / Drain
[37] Warlock - Witchblade, RoB: Conceal/Reveal

Elite
[200] 5 Wraithguard - 5 Wraithcannons
[225] 5 Wraithguard - 5 D-Scythes
[260] 5 Wraithblades - 5 Ghostaxes & Forceshields

Transport
[163] Waveserpent - Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon, Star Engines, Vectored Engines
[163] Waveserpent - Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon, Star Engines, Vectored Engines
[153] Waveserpent - Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon, Vectored Engines

Flyer
[211] Hemlock Wraithfighter - 2 Heavy D-Scythes, RoB: Conceal / Reveal.

Heavy
[167]Nightspinner - Doomweaver, Shuriken Cannon

Total 1998.  4 Command Points.

Im a bit gutted I cant squeeze a wraithknight in. But Im waiting for the Xenos FW book to see what points the Wraithseer and new Knights ect look like.

General TicTacs are the Blades and Scythes go in the Stare Engines. Everyone else rides in the others. Its a 6 drop list so I have a good chance of  getting the option to go first. Everything advances for the -1 to hit. Ecept the Nightspinner who hangs out of LoS back field and tries to kill other tanks. Turn 2 we all get out, and carnage ensues.

Edited by Soulshade, 23 June 2017 - 06:50 AM.

Follow me on Twitter! (at)Soulshade_

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

So, the FW book is out and the Knights all look to be best used in 2500 + sized games. Which is a pity

But I have updated my list to include the awesome Warphunter!  Removed the melee Wraith unit and its Serpent for it and another Nightspinner. This alowed another CP thanks to a bit of detachment rejigging

Vanguard Detachment  - +1CP

HQ
[66] Spiritseer - RoB: Enhance / Drain

Elite

Transport

Flyer
[211] Hemlock Wraithfighter - 2 Heavy D-Scythes, RoB: Conceal / Reveal.

Spearhead Detachment +1CP

HQ
[37] Warlock - Witchblade, RoB: Conceal/Reveal

Heavy
[172]Nightspinner - Doomweaver, Shuriken Cannon, Crystal Targeting Matrix
[172]Nightspinner - Doomweaver, Shuriken Cannon, Crystal Targeting Matrix
[252]Warphunter  - D-Flail, Shuriken cannon, Crystal Targeting Matrix

Total 1994.  5 Command Points.

Thoughts guys? I'll be getting some games in with this today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Engineerharry

Engineerharry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts

As I played Eldar from 3rd to 5th and now recently getting back into 40k. I'd love to know how your game went. 

I'm getting the impression that the D-scythe guard's are flat better then the wraithcannon guard. 

CrystalSeer

CrystalSeer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
Looks very solid. Got any games in yet?

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

Yeah a few actually.  But nothing to draw any conclusions from.  Everything everyone is doing is usually followed by the phrase... it does what?! Either by myself, or  my opponent.

Highlights so far...

Using a command point to reroll the die to explode a destroyed Waveserpent and kill his Warlord hiding behind his lines.

The knight that charged my Warphunter, and got 1 shot by the D-flail Rift.

Using the Command Points to reroll the number of shots from my D-Scythes. Always get a 1 then reroll that 3!

Got a game penciled in for tomorrow, Ill try write some notes

Silentz

Silentz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 323 posts

Very interested to see updates on this as I'm close to starting a new Craftworld Alaitoc aeldari army project and this is very similar to core of the the list I've written - except I have only 2 wave serpent/wraith unit combinations and have instead added a Harlequins patrol and some sniper rangers (to give more painting variety, and to fit with the Alaitoc fluff better)

Please keep updating - what are you strong against, what beats you etc.

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

So managed a few games today.

First a 2K game vs Khorne Daemons.

His list was something like

Incessant Rage Thirster

several mounted Heralds

2 x 10 daemon blobs of Letters, 1 20 strong blob.

2 x 4 Bloodcrushers

5 Fleshhounds

2 Skull cannons

Soulgrinder

Turn one. I advanced all my serpents right into his face. And pointed the Warphunter and Hemlock at the Thirster. Killed a few Bloodletters and did a massive 5 wounds to the Thirster (!). Invulnerable saves can do one! 

He took the bait and charged all my serpents, the Thirster killing the Hemlock ( after losing 2 wounds to overwatch! Fecking invuls ). The Crushers surrounded the D-Scythe Serpent stopping me from disembarking them in my next turn. Nothing else dies though

Two.. I disembark the Cannon Guard. Destroying the fleshhounds and chipping a few wounds off a soulgrinder. Nightspinners both roll low and dont do a lot. Warphunter tries to finish off the Thirster, he again passes 3 of 4 invul saves. That thing is living a charmed life!

He  moves around, grabs some objectives.  Thirster charged my Warphunter I hit 5 times with over watch, he only passes one Invul... hes going down!! But then I roll 4 1's for damage.... fecking thing!! I take the warphunter off.

Three... D-scythes make an appearance. Get the Thirster in range. Stitch this...14 invul saves to pass. Its dead! Yay! Cannons kill 4 Bloodcrushers. Nightspinners plink away at Skullcannons.

Serpents all die to various combats. Wraith units take a battering thanks to every fecker having a power sword. Funnly enough, they steer clear of the D-scythes.

Four.... Not much left on either side. We are mostly trying to get Maelstrom objectives. I manage to get the scythes into range with a cheeky command point reroll on the Advance move. Finish off the other Bloodcrusher unit. Nightspinners finally kill the 2 Skull cannons.

The Heralds finish the remainder of the cannon wraiths off. Camp a few objectives.

Five..... cant quite get into range with the Scythes. Night spinners both roll low and fail to kill anything.

The heralds hang back, grab a few more objectives and the game ends.

Game ends 12 - 9 to Khorne.  A few things I learned. Iyanden struggle with mass invul saves. We pay a premium for that -AP Also all that multiple damage means squat against 1 wound models. It also means squat if you never roll more than a 1 for damage. The Nightspinners are in a rough spot vs 3 wound units.  Basically making them 4 wound units for free. Also dont work well against heavy armour as your praying for the lucky 6s and really, thats the target the Wraith unit's should be gunning for. The Hemlocks amazing, I just need to be less aggressive with it. Which tbh, isnt a bad thing when playing against a combat army.

No list tweeks yet, not enough experience with it to be sure of anything. Most of what happened in that game was influenced by some abnormal dice rolls / luck.

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

New Codex, new list!

Im still keeping Iyanden as my Craftworld. I enjoy using tanks and the trait helps my mech heavy play style. However I do suffer on the command points front.

Iyanden Vanguard Detachment  - +1CP

HQ

[105] Farseer - Singing spear, The Phoenix Gem - RoF: Doom, Mindwar - Warlord : Fates Messenger
[45] Spiritseer - RoB: Protect / Jinx

Elite

Transport
[134] Waveserpent - Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon

Flyer
[200] Hemlock Wraithfighter - 2 Heavy D-Scythes, RoB: Horrify

Iyanden Spearhead Detachment +1CP

HQ
[45] Spiritseer - RoB: Quicken / Restrain

Heavy
[165] Fire Prism - Prism Cannon, Shuriken cannon

[165] Fire Prism - Prism Cannon, Shuriken cannon

[123] Wraithlord - Brightlance, 2x Shuriken catapults

[123] Wraithlord - Brightlance, 2x Shuriken catapults

Battleforged +3CP

Total 1998.  5 Command Points.

So, thoughts?

Drunken Angel

Drunken Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
  • Faction: Blood Guard

I like your list its cool I am moving towards it as well

Heres a few things I learn't yesterday. 

Grab a Wraithseer jam a D cannon on him and take the Warlord trait "Mark of the Incomparable Hunter".  The Wraithseer becomes a no-go for HQ's and characters in the open.  You get an assassin's ability to snipe buffing characters/HQ's with a 24" very dangerous gun.  No line of sight required* (needs clarification here Forgeworld Xenos update does not list this D-Cannon ability under D-Cannon entry but Craftworlds Forge of Value 8th Ed does).  Cast guide on him for extra fun.   I ran a 2000 point Iyanden army yesterday.  I will be taking more Wraiths probably a D Scythe Unit and a Ghost Axe unit.  Combine a Spiritseer, and Farseer and dropping the Bonesinger I ran to add a  Wraithseer.  I like the Bonesinger but unless you are sitting him at the back with a WraithKnight he is extra points wasted.  Better to run the Wraithseer for his shooting and put the Ghost Axe gang around him.  With Iyanden you will need the enhanced stat line to make combat and hide this 12 wound guy from the significant shooting coming his way. 

Keep the Farseer near your best shooting unit T1.   Throw guide guide on them if possible and watch deep strike/reserve units arriving get evaporated by Forewarned (2 CP's) Did you leave your Farseer near some fire prisms?  They can shoot twice now.  Loving this codex for its many subtle twists.

Edited by Drunken Angel, 01 November 2017 - 09:47 PM.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,461 posts

I would be tempted to run the Wraithlords with dual Shuricannons and Glaives instead. You have Prism Cannons and Wraithcannons for busting heavy targets a single Brightlance shot from each that will hit on a 4+ due to movement is not going to add a great deal.

With Shuircannons, you can advance the Wraithlords each turn and still fire effectively. This will get the enemy faster and T8 with +1A will make them a bit tougher and more dangerous on the way. You can effectively run them as distraction Carnifexes to keep your opponent's attention away from the Wave Serpents. With an 8" move and a D6" Advance on Turn 1, you stand a good chance of being able to pull off a Turn 2 charge, even if your opponent is still loitering in their deployment zone.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

So. This is my current list. I think its in a good place. Ive had a few games with it so far and the games are never one sided and I have even managed to win a few.

HQ

[105] Farseer - Singing spear - RoF: Guide, Doom,
[200] Wraithseer - D-Cannon, Phoenix Gem - Warlord: Mark of the Incomparable Hunter

Elite
[350] 10 Wraithblades - Ghostswords

Transport

HQ

[45] Spiritseer - RoB: Enhance / Drain

Heavy

[270] 3 War Walkers - 6x Brightlance

[133] Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, 2x Shuriken Cannons, 2x Shuriken catapults

Battleforged +3CP

Total 1999.  5 Command Points.

So the general plan is the Blades Webway in. War walkers scout on. The Wraithseer hides, trying to block Line of Sight if possible.  Everything else is in a serpent.

The Wraithseer tries to get the backfield characters with the D cannon. When the Blades come in hes casts Enliven on them. Giving them a 3D6 using the 2 highest charge ( rerolling one if I need with a CP ). This gives the blades a good chance of making that 9 inch charge. The lords advance and give the enemy some target priority problems.  Farseer guides the Warwalkers. All the Wraiths use the Spiritseers Guided Wraithsight for rerolls to hit.

Thoughts? 

Bartali

Bartali

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,903 posts

How are the Wraithblades working out for you, especially with webway strike ?

Planning on a similar list at 1500. Tempted by your idea of dropping a Wave Serpent, doubling the Wraithblades to 10 and webway'ing them in.

Spiritseer

5x Wraithguard w/ D-Scythes

5x Wraithguard w/ D-Scythes

5x Wraithblades w/ Swords

Wave Serpent w/ Triple Cannons

Wraithlord w/ Double Cannons, Sword

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,461 posts
Soulshade, your 2000 point list looks very good. My only point of nerves is the Wraithblades, one failed Psychic test (or a good DTW by your opponent) and they risk being stuck 9" from their target with just a 28% chance of making that charge.

I would be tempted to change the Spiritseer with Enhance/Drain to Quicken/Restrain. If you cast Quicken, you are virtually guaranteed your charge. If you fail, you still have Enliven from the Wraithseer as backup. 40 S6 attacks will make a big dent in most targets, especially if you have a Spiritseer in range to reroll 1s.
  • Soulshade likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

I would be tempted to change the Spiritseer with Enhance/Drain to Quicken/Restrain. If you cast Quicken, you are virtually guaranteed your charge.

I totally forgot about Quicken! Good shout

So, Chapter Aproved has change the cost of the Wraithseer! Down 30 points! Yay!  This has opened up some changed.

First the current list. With some new wargear. ( Spirit stones on the serpents )

HQ

[170] Wraithseer - D-Cannon, Phoenix Gem - Warlord: Mark of the Incomparable Hunter

Elite

Transport
[144] Waveserpent - Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon, Spiritstones
[144] Waveserpent - Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon, Spiritstones

HQ

Heavy

Battleforged +3CP

Total 1989.  5 Command Points.

11 points left. No idea what to spend them on... possibly a Shuriken cannon for the Wraithseer?

Possible new list idea..... Turn the Ghostswords to Axes, Scythes to Cannons and drop a Shuricannon off each Wraithlord.

HQ

[170] Wraithseer - D-Cannon, Phoenix Gem - Warlord: Mark of the Incomparable Hunter

Elite
[450] 10 Wraithblades - Ghostaxe & Forceshield

Transport

HQ

Heavy

[123] Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, Shuriken Cannon, 2x Shuriken catapults

[123] Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, Shuriken Cannon, 2x Shuriken catapults

Battleforged +3CP

The Blades get a whole load more survivable, and can threaten multi wound units. Wraithguard now add some solid antitank options.

Edited by Soulshade, 25 November 2017 - 08:39 AM.

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
It seems you are a little low on anti-infantry. Is there a way you can add flamers to the wraithlords? In my experience flamers make the world a better place for eldar lol.

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

It seems you are a little low on anti-infantry. Is there a way you can add flamers to the wraithlords? In my experience flamers make the world a better place for eldar lol.

Not really. Its why I think the first list is the sweet spot. Its a tad low on anti tank. But the massive nerf to the bigger FW LoW kits should mean I see fewer in the local area.

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
Yeah I guess it depends on your meta. My meta is very heavy on tanks and LOW. This is my list, and theres only 1 wraith so it doesnt really go with your style but it has gotten me a ton of wins recently.

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [55 PL, 838pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Alaitoc: Fieldcraft

+ HQ +

Farseer Skyrunner [7 PL, 140pts]: 2. Doom, 4. Executioner, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Warlock Skyrunner [4 PL, 75pts]: 4. Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear, Twin Shuriken Catapult

+ Troops +

Rangers [3 PL, 60pts]: 5x Ranger

+ Elites +

Shadow Spectres [19 PL, 142pts]
. 5x Shadow Spectre: 5x Prism Rifle
. Shadow Spectre Exarch: Prism Rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Dark Reapers [7 PL, 140pts]
. 4x Dark Reaper: 4x Reaper Launcher
. Dark Reaper Exarch: Tempest Launcher

Dark Reapers [7 PL, 140pts]
. 4x Dark Reaper: 4x Reaper Launcher
. Dark Reaper Exarch: Tempest Launcher

Wraithlord [8 PL, 141pts]: Flamer, Flamer, Ghostglaive, Shuriken Cannon

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [27 PL, 525pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Alaitoc: Fieldcraft

+ Flyer +

Crimson Hunter Exarch [9 PL, 175pts]: Two Bright Lances

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [38 PL, 631pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Craftworld Attribute: Saim-Hann: Wild Host

+ HQ +

Autarch Skyrunner [6 PL, 139pts]: Fusion Pistol, Reaper Launcher, The Novalance of Saim-Hann, Twin Shuriken Catapult

+ Fast Attack +

Shining Spears [10 PL, 126pts]
. 3x Shining Spear: 3x Laser Lance, 3x Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Shining Spears [10 PL, 126pts]
. 3x Shining Spear: 3x Laser Lance, 3x Twin Shuriken Catapult
. Shining Spear Exarch: Star Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

Vypers [12 PL, 240pts]
. Vyper: Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon

++ Total: [120 PL, 1994pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Soulshade

Soulshade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 168 posts

I fully know this list isnt the best the codex has to offer. But Ive played Iyanden for years and its not going to change now... I am however working on another Craftworld for more serious events. 

Had a lightbulb moment last night. Made a few alterations

HQ

[105] Farseer - Singingspear - RoF: Fortune, Doom,

Elite

Transport
[134] Waveserpent - Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon,
[134] Waveserpent - Twin Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannon,

HQ

Heavy

[123] Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, Shuriken Cannons, 2x Shuriken catapults

[123] Wraithlord - Ghostglaive, Shuriken Cannons, 2x Shuriken catapults

[160] Fire Prism

[160] Fire Prism

Battleforged +3CP

Dropped the Warwalkers, Spiritstones from the Serpents and a cannon from each Wraithlord.  Added 2 Fire Prisms. This gives me more choice as the different fire modes help with either infantry killing or tank killing. Also the stratagem releases the farseer from baby sitting, so he will now be following the Wraithblade unit around.  Dooming their target and casting fortune on them. They are going to draw a lot of fire power so every little helps.

Bumpinator

Bumpinator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 29 posts
Yeah, with this list I'd worry about hordes, but if you don't see them often it won't be an issue. I think if you use the 1 time use iyanden relic you could potentially kill a whole squad with the wraithblades

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,461 posts

Added 2 Fire Prisms. This gives me more choice as the different fire modes help with either infantry killing or tank killing. Also the stratagem releases the farseer from baby sitting, so he will now be following the Wraithblade unit around.  Dooming their target and casting fortune on them. They are going to draw a lot of fire power so every little helps.

Good call. I have fielded a pair of Firm Prisms and they are glorious! biggrin.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aeldari, Craftworld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users