Canoness with Jump Pack

Daimhin

I've decided that I want to run a Canoness with a Jump Pack. I know that I can't run one under the current rules in a pick-up/ tournament game, however, I am fortunate enough that I can certainly run one when I play my friends. 

Obviously, I want to do this in a fair manner, so I have looked at various Space Marine characters and seen what they get when upgraded to have a Jump Pack and how their points increases. So I thought I'd share it with you.

What you get when you upgrade to have a Jump Pack

Move characteristic goes from 6" to 12"

Gain keywords: "JUMP PACK" and "FLY"

Sky Strike (as per Seraphim)

Points cost

I looked at the following:

Captain  74

Captain with Jump Pack  93

Chaplain  72

Chaplain with Jump Pack  90

Librarian  93

Librarian with Jump Pack  116

What I noticed is that in all these cases the Jump Pack character is 125% of the cost of the same, non-Jump Pack, character.

( 74 x 1.25 = 92.5 )

( 72 x 1.25 = 90 )

( 93 x 1.25 = 116.25 )

Therefore, a Canoness with Jump Pack should cost 56 points. ( 45 x 1.25 = 56.25 )

Thank you. That's actually a pretty decent little fix; I don't know why GW didn't supply this. Maybe in the (dreamed for, wished for, hoped for, prayed for) upcoming Codex: Adeptus Ministorum...

Very cool. I wouldve guessed just add 20 pts as i think the jump pack upgrade in the witch hunter dex was that much or there abouts. Good to have a solid number to work with for cool opponents in friendly games. I presume such a Canoness' PL listing would jump up to a 5 easy.

Yes, I forgot to put that. PL goes up by 1 for each Space Marine character, so yes, Canoness becomes PL5.

I have a dataslate as a pdf if anyone wants it

Edited by Daimhin

Shouldn't it read:

"This model may replace its bolt pistol and/or chainsword with an inferno or plasma pistol"?

As it stands you can only have one pistol, not two, or have I missed identical wording on the offical datasheet...

I see her as a Seraphim veteran really. Pistols and melee weapons only. Perhaps:

This model may exchange her bolt pistol and/or chainsword for any weapon from the Adepta Sororitas Melee Weapons or Pistol Weapons lists.

Not 100% on the wording but that way you can have two pistols or two melee weapons or one of each.

In my homebrew codex, I gave the Canoness a jump pack option, but I also made the Seraphim Superior a HQ choice (though Seraphim and Seraphim Superiors are a bit more beefy when I'm writing the rules; they're supposed to be the most Veteran Sisters, and their stat line does not reflect that).