Footslogging + Dreads?

Hi guys, again I have a question for you ;)

Cause FW is :cussing me up with the Resin Quality from the Rhino Upgrades and so, I am thinking of compkletely switching to an Footslogging/Dreadnought force.

So what would u suggest guys, which Legion can do this fluff and playwise?

Footslogging + Dreads?

Greetings

Iron Hands? They get both a unique vehicle upgrade and tougher troops. Fluff wise it would work as well, the IHs Avernii clan were big fans of walking accross the battle field in a black tide of cataphractii armor

the IHs Avernii clan were big fans of walking accross the battle field in a black tide of cataphractii armor

Yeah, and look where it got them in the end ;)

Hahaha yeah that's definitely true but the aesthetic is undeniably awesome.

Also with the IHs, their Iron Father upgrade can afford your praetor the ability to heal the dreadies

I feel like the Salamanders would also fit this. But I am a 30k newb. I have just read a lot about them in 40k and reading more about them in 30k. I don't own Massacre yet but plan it.

Footslog Heresy only Heresy.

https://postimg.org/image/z38ny0etp/

image.jpg

Tracked vehicles were always an abomination in Warhammer that never belonged, in both scale and rules (now in 8th). The best looking games I ever had were always under Zone Mortalis force org rules.

I always fluff my boys as (post drop) Airborne/Boarding company, gives you fun tactical challenges trying to take down the opponents big toys with only "light" arms.

Speaking practically, you're blessed with starting off only 24" away from enemy armour. At worst. At best, 9". There's no "impractical". Pinging Hullpoints/Wounds away with lascannons for 240points may feel comforting, but it's achieving :cuss all compared to Jumppacking/teleport dropping the same points equivalent in Close Combat infantry armed with Melta Bombs/Powerfists. Turn 1.

The God-Emperor gave you legs for a reason son, and as everyone knows, the God-Emperor loves the infantry.

Edit: I don't know if you're new, but make sure to send forgeworld an email regarding those parts. I'll wager internet points they send extra's for free. If they don't, replacements will be in order. There's few things better in the world than Forge World post-sales customer service.

Edited by Kais Klip

More like 1/3 of the way there, but yes an all infiltrating AL force is certainly a viable way to run footsloggers. 

@Breakthrough: are you looking to run a truly footslogging, large infantry unit heavy army backed by dreadnought support, or do you just want to avoid buying the expensive FW vehicles? I ask because an "infantry" army can actually function fairly differently depending on what legion/rite you want to use. If you want the more close range/infiltrating sort of force that can quickly get to grips with the enemy without being all loaded up in rhinos, RG, NL and AL all have widespread access to infiltrating and/or drop pod oriented rites that don't cripple your other choices like orbital assault does. However, if you want the true footslogging army that ignores fancy deployment rules and relies on good old marching straight up the center of the field, then as others have mentioned your best bets would probably be IW, DG or IH. From a purely tactics perspective, the option of infiltrating/deep striking is the stronger army in most cases, mainly because plain old footslogging is just the least effective way to get your troops to objectives/close range for utilizing rapid fire. However, this is 30k where tactics shouldn't always be your primary concern, so if you want to run a plain old traditional footslogging mass of marine's I'd encourage that. 

If its made of metal and blows stuff up the IH do it best.

But seriously we do dreads best iron father counts for the forgelord requirement of the ROW and the IH specific vehicle upgrade gives out cheap healing which is separate to the forgelord/techmarine heal rolls