Imperial Knights and Us

Sir_Gaea

Question to all fellow frater.

I have a Knight Crusader that I want to actually use. Would you suggest the rapid fire battle cannon or the thermal cannon? Or would a mêlée weapon be a better idea?

Second, is it worth it to bring a carapace weapon, seeing as this might replace my Exorcist on the battle line.

If anyone has any experience for good or ill that experience is welcome.

Personally i run a knight errant- the Tthermal cannon one. This is mostly due to it being melta and that fits themeatically with the sisters. Ive only run it in 7th and was pleased with its performance especially as a giant bullet magnet to let my sisters get across field. The chainsword on it makes for sime tasty death dealing against big nasties youd be more hesitant to put your squads up against.

Pricey now so i wouldnt field it in games under 2000pts/100pl.

No experience with carapace weapons myself, so no help there im afraid.

Battle cannon will net you more shots but the thermal will give you more damage in the sweet sweet melta range.

Haven't played 8th edition as only got the rules Wednesday...

Absolutely love mine - kitted out with Rapid fire battle cannon, chainsword, and missile launcher on carapace (have converted mine using an Exorcist launcher). Was a very handy piece of kit in 7th.

I will use mine every chance I get because it's been such a big investment in time , not really bothered about being highly competitive though, just want an army with character - I still recon it'll take some shifting in this edition and will be obliterating hordes and big gribblies alike!

Is the Icarus flak array not a better option? Provides some handy anti-FLY firepower that can be directed against everything from enemy flyers to jump troops or indeed anything with the FLY keyword... after all S8 is not something Sisters are short on *cough*melta*cough*

Personally I'd go for the Icarus, a mega-gatling-cannon thing, and a thunderstrike gauntlet plus heavy stubber for nuisance shooting.

Thermal Cannon is a bit pants, imo. Too many dice to go through before you score damage.

In a recent game it only killed a single Guardsman and put 2 damage on a Taurox after 4 turns.

Is the Icarus flak array not a better option? Provides some handy anti-FLY firepower that can be directed against everything from enemy flyers to jump troops or indeed anything with the FLY keyword... after all S8 is not something Sisters are short on *cough*melta*cough*

Personally I'd go for the Icarus, a mega-gatling-cannon thing, and a thunderstrike gauntlet plus heavy stubber for nuisance shooting.

Counter-intuitively, if you run the numbers, the Stormspear does more wounds to (most) flyers than the Icarus does..