Betrayer41’s 40k Log **New White/Red Recipe** (12/11/23)

Go to solution Solved by LameBeard,

Some wicked new brethren you've added there, the new shoulder pad on Khârn works especially well to emphasise his brutality. I think the neck of the Slaughter-Priest conversion looks overly long with the Iron helm on top, there's something not quite right about the proportions to my eye; the added chains are a very characterful touch, however.

Nice work as usual, I quite like the repose of Khârn.

Btw, I've ordered a box of blood warriors and some MK III marines, guess what I'm building:) I hope you're ok with me stealing the idea, thanks for coming up with that combo!

I figured that wa where the legs had come from, so your Wolves are legless now eh?

Im starting from Scratch on those bad boys and i wasn't thrilled with the Ashencirlce so i repurposed them.

Is that last guy Delvarus?!

I think so haha I just saw some artwork i love and wanted t more or less recreate it.

Some wicked new brethren you've added there, the new shoulder pad on Khârn works especially well to emphasise his brutality. I think the neck of the Slaughter-Priest conversion looks overly long with the Iron helm on top, there's something not quite right about the proportions to my eye; the added chains are a very characterful touch, however.

I agree, i think it's his traps. Ive already cut down his neck quite a bit.  He will be having a spiked pad on his left shoulder which should hide some of the neck, ill post that later and get opinions.

Nice work as usual, I quite like the repose of Khârn.

Btw, I've ordered a box of blood warriors and some MK III marines, guess what I'm building:) I hope you're ok with me stealing the idea, thanks for coming up with that combo!

Thanks Mate, I just wasn't a huge huge fan of falling forward Khârn.

Steal away it's probably my favorite thing ive done in 40k. And somehow the proportions actually work. Can't wait to see em!

Man. I may have to get a few of the Ashen Circle and go choppy on them!

I also want some meteor hammers too. May have to buy rampagers now...

Right!? Those meteor hammers are dope.

Betrayer, thanks for showing how simple the leg swap is! Having done it now, they'll make great antagonists for my Ultramarines.

Glad you like guys. I am constantly buying up rampagers mostly for their amazing spiked pads but their weapon selection is also top notch. Just a note on the Ashen circle, they're not very well proportioned wit normal torsos. You will definitely need some sanding and maneuvering. Also i used chains as belts to help make up for bad proportions.

I may scoop up one or two torsos on eBay to experiment with. Thanks for the heads up! The proportions of the FW HH minis have some range. One I’ve dealt with is how the kakophoni are larger than your regular plastic marines and how the SoH traverse seem a tad smaller. Especially the SoH command set. The leader holding his helm in the crook of his arm seems tiny.

And yeah. I really wouldn’t mind the meteor hammers and those sweet two handed chainaxes. For a meteor hammer I want to place one in the hand of a berzerker, like palming a basketball, with the chaindangling down and then back up to be tied around it’s wrist. I’m afraid of the the resin chain they’ve sculpted. Is it pretty sturdy?

I may scoop up one or two torsos on eBay to experiment with. Thanks for the heads up! The proportions of the FW HH minis have some range. One I’ve dealt with is how the kakophoni are larger than your regular plastic marines and how the SoH traverse seem a tad smaller. Especially the SoH command set. The leader holding his helm in the crook of his arm seems tiny.

And yeah. I really wouldn’t mind the meteor hammers and those sweet two handed chainaxes. For a meteor hammer I want to place one in the hand of a berzerker, like palming a basketball, with the chaindangling down and then back up to be tied around it’s wrist. I’m afraid of the the resin chain they’ve sculpted. Is it pretty sturdy?

It is, but my best advice to any WE player is picking up small jewelry chain from ebay.....Life changer. especially for what you suggested. I bought gunmetal which is badass but you can also paint over it.

I bought some chain from Hobby Lobby and only have used it little on my dreads. Have yet to paint it and now hope it’ll work.

I’ll keep an eye out for gunmetal but is there a specific size to look for? I remember something like 40 links per inch that Kizzdougs uses. I definitely would love to use it for weapons and on armor too for trophies and such.

Forgeworld seems to actually account for size difference between Marines, unlike the GW kits

What's really crazy is something Grieux found out in the Age of Darkness and Space Wolves forums: The Varagyr are as tall as, or taller than, Primaris Marines.

Ok so taking a break from painting as a pallet cleanser just wanna get some mindless building in. Doing a side project I’ve wanted to do for 10 plus years.....Templars. Very early WIP

http://i.imgur.com/8HzdCbI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vMFAMLD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mYuIEkS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DOkEv59.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's a nice distraction! what are you using for the kneepads? They look good on those primaris marines.

They are from shapeways. Really cool. Help change the whole look.

Big random update.  Got most of the templars built minus pads which are on the way.

FsmaBEE.jpg

hdjueoI.jpg

IW8sr1o.jpg

h7GEEP1.jpg

wIWciGu.jpg

Also very very early WIP on my Eaters of Worlds. These don't even have all the base colors on. I am doing a new way of painting white. It's hard to tell from the pics but im liking it SO much better gives alot of depth before i get to washes and highlighting.

BVD9rWA.jpg

AGBJHle.jpg

16Qu1ed.jpg

TFHybdQ.jpg

njIFNoQ.jpg

PUDQ6co.jpg

I ran out of likes so I will have to tag you back later!

Black Templars are looking good. Those third party bits look appropriate for them with the robes. Every bit of power armored warrior monk is shown off there. Plus, they aren't covered in layers like the Dark Angels who raided joann fabrics.

World eaters are also looking good with paint. Interested in seeing the final products with this new white recipe you are using.