Betrayer41’s 40k Log **New White/Red Recipe** (12/11/23)

Go to solution Solved by LameBeard,

Thanks in advance for some scale pics! I really want to size them up against rubrics and your converted berzerkers since they will all be in my 2k list together if I get around to a big game of 40k. I really thought I could hold off on these guys for awhile but the need to buy a box is burning now haha.

Very happy to hear they've got bulk and intimidation factor!

Thanks in advance for some scale pics! I really want to size them up against rubrics and your converted berzerkers since they will all be in my 2k list together if I get around to a big game of 40k. I really thought I could hold off on these guys for awhile but the need to buy a box is burning now haha.

Very happy to hear they've got bulk and intimidation factor!

I got some rubrics laying around too ill throw one in.  

This all looks awesome!

I love that you straight went to converting and kitbashing with the new stuff.

I have to wait a few days to get my hand on the new miniatures and the pictures in this thread is making the wait much harder.

• 1 month later...

Longggggg time no post. Gorgeous weather and new Traeger grill have been keeping me busy. Finally getting this whole painting black down. Really trying to use my brush and oils more still Amir to do and a lot of experimenting.

http://i.imgur.com/1a87QbJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/siZfGmM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rpHaPY1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v9JvYUN.jpg

Looking good and loving the axe champ. I love the red right arm. Like Bjorn I’m kind of curious on reason/fluff for it. I have not got that far with my own BL but I had thought to do a corresponding god’s color painted arm & pad to show devotion to a particular deity.

Edited by hushrong

The red arm is a nice touch and adds some more interest to the scheme by breaking up the black. I'd also be interested to know if there's a fluffy reason, or if it was just on whim.

Those Black Legionnaires are beautifully painted. Is the chainaxe wielder a former member of the World Eaters? Or does his red right arm simply signify his devotion to the Blood God?

Thanks Mate this is the first black I have been happy with on the first attempt!!

Looking good and loving the axe champ. I love the red right arm. Like Bjorn I’m kind of curious on reason/fluff for it. I have not got that far with my own BL but I had thought to do a corresponding god’s color painted arm & pad to show devotion to a particular deity.

The red arm is a nice touch and adds some more interest to the scheme by breaking up the black. I'd also be interested to know if there's a fluffy reason, or if it was just on whim.

Thanks for the feedback on the red.  I guess to answer all three of you, I saw some artwork on Vigilus Ablaze that had their pads painted and one of their arms so I wanted to try that for the Hounds of Abaddon buttttt realized I didn't want it for all of them so I am just keeping it for my champion.  The rest will just have a red right pad.  He used to be a World Eater the rest will be WE or followers of Khorne!

That is read and I dig it! Whenever I get to painting I think I will copy your idea with whole arm for champs and just the shoulder for the squad.

I quite like it makes em stand out a bit.

For the eye lenses green or red?

Red always works well but it is also pretty standard/common. I think green, maybe more blue-ish green like GW's studio painted Thousand Sons, would look good with the black and gold.

How did you do the black?

The black is Stynylrez black primer two coats.  Gloss varnish, washed with AK enamel washes cleaned up with qtip, then dab some black oil paint on there and kind of spread it around.  I might hit it with a matte varnish not sure yet