Question for the Cerastus Knights :)

Breakthrough

Hi guys, if I wanna add an Cerastus Knight to my Horus Heresy army, what do i have to add too?

Or is it rulewise allowed just to add an knight to my force?

If not what would you suggest to add?

What Type of Cerastus Knight would you prefer, if there are already an Leviathan and 2 Laser Destroyer Vindicator in the List?

You have 2 options for fielding Knights...

Option 1 is to take 1-2 as a War Machine Detachment in your Lords of War slot. They will not have Household Ranks, and will have to abide by the 25% rule for Lords of War. Note that you cannot take an Atropos, as it is quite rare and only allowed in Mechanicum and Questoris Knights lists.

Option 2 is to take an Allied Detachment of Questoris Knights. This will be at minimum 1 HQ and 1 Troops. You'll gain Household Rank, the ability to add another 4 Knights and access to the Atropos (arguably the best Knight). Note that some Primary Detachments don't have an Allied Detachment, and some Rites of War don't allow any Allies (like "Headhunter Leviathal").

You asked about fluffiness in the AL thread too? Alpha Legion definitely allied with them. Every Legion made use of Mechanicum allies in fact. Look at the Battle of Paramar in Book III: Extermination.

Edit: And as for what Cerastus Knight I recommend - the Acheron is a beast. That flamer is amazing against Infantry, and it has a deadly chainfist for dealing with Vehicles. That and the Atropos are my faves.

Edited by Caillum

Thank you Caillum,

that helps me a lot :)

I have two further questions, i hope it is ok when i ask:

The Coils of Hydra restrictions mean:

No fortifications or allied Space Marine Legion detachments.

For me that sounds that I am allowed to ally the Knights right?

Further, you said there is a bit fluff of AL + Knights.

So may I ask is there a special Knight House named?

Greetings

Yes, you can take Allies with "Coils", just not Space Marine allies. Most Rites of War are like that actually.

Alpha Legion didn't have a special connection with any other force - it's part of their nature. They used (& abused) Imperial Army a lot, which means they "Sworn Brothers" from a rules perspective, but that's it.

At the Battle of Paramar, they worked with the following forces:

- the Taghmata Satarael, Inar Satarael's Mechanicum,

- the Legio Fureans, the Tiger Eyes Titan Legion,

- 3 different Knight Houses - Perdaxia (bronze & crimson), Rahja (ghost-grey) and Patraxis (unknown colours). There is very little information about these 3 houses, so you can make your own background for them.

After the battle was won, they ditched their allies and moved on. Classic Alpha Legion. :)

If you have some Vindicator Laser Destroyers and a Leviathan, you probably have anti-Tank sorted. A Castigator is another Knight to consider, but it has one weakness - it only has 1 shooting weapon, so it cannot shoot 2 enemies and charge 1 of them. Most other knights can do this. Despite this, it has brutal anti-Infantry weapons.