Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NTaW's Thokt Dynasty

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

He looks perfect, NTaW. Is his brother painted up already, or is he a work in progress?

I'd love to see some of the lore you've got for these two....It'll be fascinating

I've posted the first few entries on previous pages, though once I finish I'll post everything in one shot for coherency. It documents the awakening of my tomb world through the campaign against Tyranids I just finished playing and will continue through other narrative games I play. Everything is/will be based around the real-life games I play in any campaigns (next one may be against Deathwatch), though it includes a lot of what happens before and after each match as well.

The Overlord is painted, he's on the first page of this thread.

Also, perhaps curve a sheet of white A3 paper on the table in front of a book and sit your model on it for a better focus msn-wink.gif ...heck!,what am i saying sweat.gif  i should do that too laugh.png

anyways he is a stonking lord !! devil.gif

Cheers, Mithril

I've been meaning to grab/make a lighting box. I've used paper in the past but found anything I have handy reflects light a bit too much and figured if I'm going to spend any money I may as well get something specifically useful to the cause. Once I go back through with all my royal court's individual markings and repeat it on the units they most commonly serve with on the tabletop I plan on taking some real and proper pictures of the whole army, may even call a photographer friend and swing them some business.

Sat down last night and worked out some markings as well, since I'm again almost done painting models for this army. I plan on getting a Doomsday Ark and maybe a Spider but that's it for the collection for a while and going through and applying little freehand glyphs to every model will surely eat up time and continue to distract me from other projects.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,789 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

Also, perhaps curve a sheet of white A3 paper on the table in front of a book and sit your model on it for a better focus msn-wink.gif ...heck!,what am i saying sweat.gif  i should do that too laugh.png

anyways he is a stonking lord !! devil.gif

Cheers, Mithril

I've been meaning to grab/make a lighting box. I've used paper in the past but found anything I have handy reflects light a bit too much and figured if I'm going to spend any money I may as well get something specifically useful to the cause. Once I go back through with all my royal court's individual markings and repeat it on the units they most commonly serve with on the tabletop I plan on taking some real and proper pictures of the whole army, may even call a photographer friend and swing them some business.

Sat down last night and worked out some markings as well, since I'm again almost done painting models for this army. I plan on getting a Doomsday Ark and maybe a Spider but that's it for the collection for a while and going through and applying little freehand glyphs to every model will surely eat up time and continue to distract me from other projects.

Troops.gif Ok understood,your pics are pretty good as is...i just wanted to see em better is all sweat.gif  i look fwd to seeing markings on these guys, i was going to do similar and go back later and do the same on my destroyers...i wouldn't finish the painting vow if i spent all that time on marking them all huh.png  ... what kind of markings did you have in mind?... 

Cheers, Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.pngETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts

I got pinned under a baby nap for a while today and had the clipboard within reach, ended up with these after a while:

40476829460_52d1bfb531.jpg

The starred option under Aaryekh is the one I'm going with, and the Lychguard symbol will have the top of the circle excluded to match.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,789 posts

Nice design.., i hate doing freehand curves unsure.png  do they have decals in the necron box with any of those symbols?... or are you a legendary freehand artist ?...

...oh I remember the days of getting caught under a sleeping bub sweat.gif i used to play WoW on my Pc when the little guy used to fall asleep on my shoulder... i still can't fathom how i used to play so well one handed biggrin.png i admit the mouse had like 20 preset buttons on it whistlingW.gif 

cheers, Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.pngETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts

laugh.png definitely not legendary at anything, but I'm going to do it freehand best I can. Not a huge fan of transfers plus I want them to be blue like the wing markings on my Doom Scythe. It's all based off the Thokt symbol (Aaryekh's symbol but with a full circle in the centre) as well as the more popular Dynasty's Overlord/Lord/Phalanx markings in the Codex.

Way to optimize that nap time! thumbsup.gif I totally could have moved him to his crib but it happens so rarely for me that it was worth being stuck on the couch for a bit.

Edited by NTaW, 23 May 2018 - 11:46 PM.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,789 posts

laugh.png definitely not legendary at anything, but I'm going to do it freehand best I can. Not a huge fan of transfers plus I want them to be blue like the wing markings on my Doom Scythe. It's all based off the Thokt symbol (Aaryekh's symbol but with a full circle in the centre) as well as the more popular Dynasty's Overlord/Lord/Phalanx markings in the Codex.

Way to optimize that nap time! thumbsup.gifI totally could have moved him to his crib but it happens so rarely for me that it was worth being stuck on the couch for a bit.

Yeah they're special times for a parent that don't last forever so take em when you can happy.png  

ah i see... blue would be a problem for necron transfers laugh.png  aren't they all gold! ,good luck with it and don't forget to post something when you get time thumbsup.gif

Cheers,Mithril

• Mr4Minutes likes this

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts

Zero hobby time recently but the way things are going I'll be back on this soon enough. 

Doomsday Ark has shipped drool.gif

• mithrilforge and Mr4Minutes like this

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts

Jeeze some of this Necron stuff is tedious to build. I had a hell of a time getting the three tubes from the Lord's back to connect to the crescent piece. This will be my first time ever painting in sub assemblies, not too happy about that but given my colour scheme and the model's build it's really the only option. Might be able to start priming next week if I can get a few minutes here and there to finish assembly.

42710106152_2095ac9b6b.jpg

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
I did my ghost ark in pieces. Be careful when gluing the horseshoe like parts together, they can be assembled with a bit of a curve if you’re not careful.( at least mine did)

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,789 posts

Coolcool.png  your building a Cannon of Doom!, (i have one to build as those things are awesome for Nihilakh Dynasty devil.gif, although in hindsight i would not have built my first one as the transport...and had 2x big guns,...oh well)

as Mr4Minutes says, watch the ribbing when you glue em together...wonky models never shoot straight tongue.png 

cannot wait to see this in your colours !!

Cheers ,Mithril 

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts
Thanks for the heads up friends, I will definitely keep a watchful eye on my alignment as it goes. I've been dry-fitting like crazy since I never do sub assemblies (Marine stuff is super blocky) but can never be too careful. All this will come in real handy when I get my second DDA whenever they come back in stock 'cuz one of anything just isn't enough! Plus the idea of massive guns floating around is pleasing to me (and I have a couple gift certificates now in my possession that keep saying "do it!!" :lol:).

I re-set up my painting situation the other day since it's now way too hot and humid (already pushed into 30+ degrees daily) outside for priming. Just highlights left to do on those Destroyers and finishing my ETL vow will be one less thing I feel like I "have" to get done, which will be quite nice.
  • mithrilforge likes this

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts

Slow progress is still progress! I've also got a Spider to the point where magnets need to get involved.

43216435362_b15032bf96_z.jpg

• mithrilforge and Tyriks like this

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,585 posts

I finished my Destroyers, am torn between moving on to the DDA or taking a moment and putting squad and personal markings on all my infantry. Either way I'm going to have to revamp the foam in the case to fit everything in now.

43782821811_5feccddf01.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users