Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Sanguinary Priests

Angels Sanguine Primaris Marines Conversion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

Hey everyone!

So I just purchased two Primaris Lieutenants off eBay and was wondering if anyone knows how the scaling works on those models with some of the older bits.

I also purchased a Sanguinary Priest today and it appears that the chalice and narthecium  are attached to parts of the smaller sanguinary priest model.

I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to modify the Primaris models to be my Sanguinary Priests.

Anyway, if anyone knows much about the scale and how the old shoulder pads and extra bits match up please let me know.

Mr. Shine

Mr. Shine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 429 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Shoulder pads and heads are the same size. I'm unsure if hands are the exact same size, but they're at least very similar and totally passable if not exactly the same size, for simple hand/weapon swaps. The Popbits store on Shapeways has some 3D printed chapter icons you can attach to existing shoulder pads, which would save you carving off the already attached pads from the single-pose models.

• Doghouse and Swarmlord Unleashed like this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

Awesome! I like this way more than transfers. Thank you for the info about the sizes as well!

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,734 posts

I also purchased a Sanguinary Priest today and it appears that the chalice and narthecium  are attached to parts of the smaller sanguinary priest model.

Do you mean the online only metal priest from GW?

It's probably cheaper to buy a command squad or ravenwing black knight box, you get a narthecium only attached to an arm in both of those.

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_11765_15606.jpggallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pngXX

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,536 posts

For Primaris, I'd be looking at TDA stuff.

gallery_48988_6285_23120.pnggallery_30308_9518_15054.png EcJeVZz.png  sml_gallery_69091_12729_2979.gif gallery_48988_11572_1295.pnggallery_30308_9518_3457.png fBvPQb7.png gallery_48988_10069_19459.jpg wj0WOvZ.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE  Heralds of Devastation

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

Do you mean the online only metal priest from GW?

It's probably cheaper to buy a command squad or ravenwing black knight box, you get a narthecium only attached to an arm in both of those.

Nope. There is a plastic one I got from one of my LGS. It looks fairly new but the model looks really small. So I was concerned about the sizes.

Hmm... I'll have to look into this for sure then. Anyone have a terminator arm they can take a picture of right next to one of the Primaris arms?

This is the best size image I've been able to find and I'm not sure how accurate it is.

j0c0xlq8e5zy.jpg

If anyone can take a picture of the backpack on the primaris and normal marines that would be awesome too!

Edited by Aothaine, 25 June 2017 - 03:25 PM.

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 419 posts
  • Chapter Name: All things Heresy
I've converted and painted a ten man tac squad out of Primaris, and all the arms I subbed in look fine to me. I've also made a 5 man (so far) Heavy Bolter devastator squad with mkIII and mkIV heavy bolters that similarly look fine. Primaris upsizing seems to be mostly torso thickness and leg length. Two arm pairs are tougher as the torso gets in the way a little. Single arms so far look mostly fine.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Kinstryfe, 25 June 2017 - 10:11 PM.

• Doghouse and Aothaine like this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

Looks good! Thank you for this! Looks like I'll be able to use a bunch of the blood angel sculpts now. ^_^

Mr. Shine

Mr. Shine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 429 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

If you're wanting to do hand/weapon swaps, TDA hands are too large.

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,865 posts

I'd go for GK terminator apothecary bit set, instant conversion to apothecary and about correct size too, at worst you'd need to file shoulder a bit to fit regular pad on it:

gkt-108-109-110-111.jpg

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,184 posts
  • Chapter Name: VII-284BTN [STORM]

I, of course, realize that Sanguinary Priests aren't exactly the same thing as Apothecaries, but it might be worth checking out the official Primaris apothecary art for some inspiration:

8VKTOh1.png

tn_gallery_78067_12186_5335.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_74708.pnggallery_78067_13866_16575.pngtn_gallery_78067_11287_37954.png

VII Legion. Now, Forever, and Always.

Instagrymme

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Angels Sanguine, Primaris Marines, Conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users