New Listbuilding questions....

Several questions for the wonderful people of the AdMech Forums:

1) Infiltrators or Ruststalkers - which to take against other elites and why? How would you build them and are they even worth taking now?

2) Kataphron Breachers or Destroyers? - I am thinking destroyers with 15 grav shots per squad of three sounds pretty deadly....

3) any other new 8th editions tricks or units that are recommended to take (I know Onagar is good, but besides)...

Based on the 5 games I've played so far, and lots of theorizing;

Infiltrators every time. The ability to pop up on a flank or behind enemy lines is huge. Even if they fail the charge, they have the firepower to hurt many backfield units, and they are a huge distraction. I've only run the taser ones so far, and they have done their job every time.

I haven't been impressed with my destroyers so far. They are hugely fragile, expensive, and have a huge "kill me first" sign on them. They also haven't managed to kill much over several games. Breachers are at least more durable, and cheaper, but with less damage.

I wouldn't leave home without kastellans, an onager or three, and at least one unit of infiltrators.

I agree with the Infiltrators. They are also nice to show up behind fragile characters that are hiding from the rest of our army and pick them appart.

I was so excited getting my 5 Ruststalkers with claws into CC with some Terminators. All they did was 1 wound before getting wiped out in return :down:

I was pretty impressed by the Plasma Servitors. With the reroll of 1 when close to a Tech Priest you can overcharge all day long, I think that is more powerfull than the new Grav.

And I agree with the Robots and Onagers. They ROCK ! Carl is pretty amazing as well, but kind of pricy at 250 points.

I've played a couple Kill-Team style games (10 power) with 5 Infiltrators and 5 Vanguard, and its a good combo.  2 plasma calivers and 3 radium carbines soften up those pesky Marines, then the Infiltrators throw down 25 shots for a bit more tenderizing, and charge in to take out a couple more with tasers.  Scaled up, they should be great for wiping out hordes of Guards and Gaunts.

On the subject of Destroyers, I was in a 25 power game against a Knight Errant.  I brought an Onager w/ Neutron Laser, 3 Destroyers, 1 w/ Grav Cannon, and a Tech-Priest.  The Onager stayed in the back corner and threw down a couple shots each turn, but the Destroyers were dealing a ton of hits.  I super-charged them the whole time, kept the Tech-Priest within 3" to reroll 1's, and it was down within 3 turns.  There were a number of lucky hits too

TLDR; Infiltrators always, and keep a Tech-Priest near Destroyers to properly wreck stuff.

So Taser Goads and Flechetters, or Power swords and Stubcarbines? - which to pick?

forcing sheer numbers of hits, or getting an AP value....

also, with the plasma servitors, isnt it still 98pts to get the two plasma cannons, seems expensive...

Servitor Unit:

Servitors x4 – 8pts

Servo Arms x4 – 48pts

2x Plasma Cannons 42pts

Total 98pts

is that correct working?

ALWAYS flechettes and taser goads.

Also yes, Servitors are pretty terrible.  Bad stats, expensive, slow as balls.  They can only gets better if there is a Tech-Priest Dominus nearby, but there's probably somewhere better for him to be than in the back with the shambling Servitors.

^That’s right, only 2 of the 4 servitors can replace their servo-arm with a gun.

Anyone else seeing a big overlap or similarity between the Sicarian Infiltrators and those Eversor Assassins?

I’m just trying to decide which will be more fun. Maybe a couple assassins in a separate vanguard detachment so my ad-mech can stay in it's own detachment and benefit from canticles.