8E Extra Attacks and Multiple Melee Weapons

feuer_faust

So, according to the Primer, a model can split its attacks in the Fight phase between its melee weapons if it has more than one. Additionally, several melee weapons say "each time the bearer fights, it can make X additional attacks with this weapon. " That seems to say that if they fight period, not specifically by allocating any of their listed attacks to that weapon.

So, for example, I have a Maulerfiend with 4 attacks and who has Maulerfists and Lashing Tendrils (which generate D6 additional attacks when the bearer fights). Is it correct that I could use his 4 base attacks for the fists, and still generate D6 attacks with the tendrils? Or do I need to allocate one attack ahead of time to the tendrils to use them?

In a relayed example, a marine with 3 attacks, a power sword and a chainsword (1 extra attack): he could obviously make 4 total attacks with the chainsword alone, but could he do 3 with the power sword and 1 with the chainsword?

There's nothing that says you have to fight with the weapon that grants the extra attack(s) first in order to generate the extra one(s), so in the Chainsword example at least, using all 3 of your base attacks for the Power Sword and just using the Chainsword for the bonus attack is fine. That should extend to all other weapons with the same wording.