Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aothaine's Flesh Tearers

Primaris Marines Angels Sanguine Painting Guide Painting Questions Project Blog

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my Flesh Tearer's post. I'll be updating this on a regular basis with new models, lists and batreps.

Paint Guide

Red Armor  

Hidden Content

Black Armor  

Hidden Content

Gold  

Hidden Content

Leather  

Hidden Content

Plasma  

Hidden Content

Lenses  

Hidden Content

Armor Joints

Hidden Content

Steel

Hidden Content

Required Materials

Abaddon Black - Eshin Grey - Fenrisian Grey - Skavenblight Dinge
Leadbelcher - Ironbreaker - Stormhost Silver 
Nuln Oil - Agrax Earthshade 
Gulliman Blue - Kantor Blue - Teclis Blue - Baharroth Blue
Retributor Armour - Auric Armour Gold - Rhinox Hide - Doombull Brown - Yriel Yellow - Balthazar Gold
White Scar 
Waaagh! Flesh - Warpstone Glow 
Evil Sunz Scarlet - Mephiston Red (Spray Can)

Gallery

med_gallery_69175_13698_260753.jpg

List of Built/Incoming Models and Shopping List

HQ

Alessandro - Captain

- Powerfist & Combi-Grav

Jacopo - Sanguinary Priest

- Chainsword & Bolt Pistol

TROOP

Scout Squad Alpha

- Sniper Rifle x4 & Missile Launcher

Scout Squad Beta

- Chainsword & Bolt Pistol + Combat Knife & Bolt Pistol x4

ELITE

Death Company Models

-= With Jump Packs =-

- Chainsword + Plasma x3
- Power Sword + Inferno Pistol x1
- Chain Sword + Inferno Pistol x1
- Thunder Hammer x1

-= Without Jump Packs =-

As I get more models I'll be adding them here. 

PURCHASED AND INCOMING MODELS

2 Primaris Lieutenants with Power Swords

1 Primaris Captain

2 Hell Blaster Squads

SHOPPING LIST

Primaris Captain & Librarian 

2 GW Birthday Primaris Captains

2 Primaris Lieutenants with Master-crafted Bolt Rifles

Primaris Ancient

1 Hell Blaster Squads

6 Intercessor Squads

Flesh Tearers Company Organization

Going to be building the entire Flesh Tearers chapter. This is going to take awhile to complete. According the the warhammer40k wiki Seth has strayed from the codex astartes. 

2nd - 6th Company Structure

3 Tactical Squads

1 Assault Squad

1 Vanguard Veteran Squad

1 Furioso Dreadnought

7th - 8th Company Structure

These two companies will be entirely made up of Primaris.

9th Company Structure

This will be the scout/vehicle company dedicated to close combat (Baal-b-ques, Rhinos, Flamerbacks, etc)

10th Company Structure

This will be the scout/vehicle company dedicated to ranged combat (Tri-las preds, AC/HB Baals, etc.)

1st Company

Divided among the other companies as Company Veterans to bolster each companies strength

Assuming the 1st company has ten squads I will be including two Company Veteran squads in each company over 5 companies.

2nd Company

This will be the first company I start with. It will have some 1st company sprinkled in.

7th Company

I will be working on the 7th at nearly the same time as the 2nd and will be fleshing it out more as more primaris are released.

Any of this structure is subject to change based on lore and suggestions from others.

Lists

Primaris Flesh Tearers & Militarum Tempestus (Invalidated with FAQ)

http://www.bolterand...arum-tempestus/

Assault List (Bikers + Terminators + Devs)

http://www.bolterand...r-assault-list/

Battle Reports

-=Coming Soon=-

Edited by Aothaine, 02 September 2017 - 02:28 AM.

• Chaplain Gunzhard and Xenith like this

AGPO

AGPO

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 757 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Sanguine

Cool, I've been looking forward to seeing how Angels Sanguine look as Primaris, but as I won't have my set for another month or so I'll be keeping an eye out for yours.

Doghouse @ Nov 29 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is that 40k was never intended to played as a competition
game, it was always just supposed to have been a bit of fun. This rule
allows you to go with what works for you and your gaming buddy or group
regardless of the madness of the need for officialdom.

Check out my Angels Sanguine blog

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,734 posts

Detailed start:

Some suggestions:

Black:

Black primer -> abaddon black -> skavenblight dinge -> eshin grey -> fenris grey.

The abaddon stright to eshin grey might be a bit too much, and will make the whole model look grey if you drybrush it. 

Red

Meph red -> 50:50 agrax + lahmian painted into recesses -> evil sunz -> wild rider -> fire dragon bright/ungor flesh

an all over agrax wash will really make the armour dirty, and it wont look good, meaning youll have to paint everything meph red again. The mix with lahmian makes it slip into recesses better. I'd do line highlights also, unless you're really good at drybrushing. Making drybrushing look good is harder than line highlights.

Gold:

Dont bother with balthasar unless you want a darker gold. It was only ever good as a base for shining gold, and retributor armour has totally removed the need for it. Black base -> retributor (2 thin coats) -> sepia or agrax wash -> purple or green selective wash if you want it to look richer/deeper -> runefang/stormhost silver highlight

Armour joints:

Will these be black on black armour? I made them silver on my DC, but didnt like the inconsistency, so now I do them all leadbelcher -> nuln wash, for a dark metal colour.

Plasma:

An alternative is ceramite white -> wash with guilliman blue glaze. You get the blue in the recesses, and the white on the raised ridges.

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_11765_15606.jpggallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pngXX

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

Cool, I've been looking forward to seeing how Angels Sanguine look as Primaris, but as I won't have my set for another month or so I'll be keeping an eye out for yours.

I'll have some pictures up within the next 3-4 weeks. happy.png Paints are expensive :/

Detailed start:

Some suggestions:

Black:

Black primer -> abaddon black -> skavenblight dinge -> eshin grey -> fenris grey.

The abaddon stright to eshin grey might be a bit too much, and will make the whole model look grey if you drybrush it. 

Red

Meph red -> 50:50 agrax + lahmian painted into recesses -> evil sunz -> wild rider -> fire dragon bright/ungor flesh

an all over agrax wash will really make the armour dirty, and it wont look good, meaning youll have to paint everything meph red again. The mix with lahmian makes it slip into recesses better. I'd do line highlights also, unless you're really good at drybrushing. Making drybrushing look good is harder than line highlights.

Gold:

Dont bother with balthasar unless you want a darker gold. It was only ever good as a base for shining gold, and retributor armour has totally removed the need for it. Black base -> retributor (2 thin coats) -> sepia or agrax wash -> purple or green selective wash if you want it to look richer/deeper -> runefang/stormhost silver highlight

Armour joints:

Will these be black on black armour? I made them silver on my DC, but didnt like the inconsistency, so now I do them all leadbelcher -> nuln wash, for a dark metal colour.

Plasma:

An alternative is ceramite white -> wash with guilliman blue glaze. You get the blue in the recesses, and the white on the raised ridges.

Damn fine suggestions here. I went off the tutorials on GW's tv youtube site and found the colors I liked. Though I might want my red and black toned down more like neonmole's colors. So there may be some changes. I really like how neonmole's models are turning out.

Almost afraid to mention it but I'm possibly... maybe... thinking about switching to Flesh Tearers. That picture by Druel of the terminator Flesh Tearer is beautiful. The colors and how they rotate on the that picture just looks really damn good. 

Don't get me wrong, Angels Sanguine look amazing to. I'm just trying to decide where I want to go with this. 

Edited by Aothaine, 29 June 2017 - 10:07 PM.

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,734 posts
The red and black is a good combo, you can't really go wrong with either. I've been tempted to do some Flesh Tearers myself.
  • neonmole likes this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_11765_15606.jpggallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pngXX

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

Just wanted to toss out an update. I have decided with the quick releases of Primaris to focus my Flesh Tearers almost solely with Primaris for the time being. I have some older models already that I will be continuing to paint up and build into Flesh Tearers. But my version of the Flesh Tearers will be almost entirely Primaris. I may include non-Primaris miniatures in the future. But for now with all the new releases coming out I want to focus on the newer models for a few reasons. I love the look of Primaris. I'm getting old and painting the, now small, marines is difficult on my hands, wrists and eyes. 

I'm still planning on mixing marines with other Imperium factions and will continue to work on various lists that I know I will never be able to build (Like the Tempestus + Primaris list) but you never know what might happen.

I will eventually have the entire chapter done up for the Flesh Tearers but for the time being I'll just be focusing on the Primaris.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts

Updated with the first picture of my Primaris-Devastator conversion. I say conversion, it is... but it has very little conversion work on it.. it was more of a test run.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Primaris Marines, Angels Sanguine, Painting Guide, Painting Questions, Project, Blog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users