Tron Ta'unar sighted at Warhammer World

Olis

Just a little show and tell, brothers and sisters - I met a great guy on Saturday (while touring the tables alongside Excessus) with an awesome looking KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour suit. If you're on here, brother, speak up! I forgot your name! The pictures, as usual, don't do the model justice.

Anyway, I thought I'd snap a few pictures to give the new Tau section on B&C something to admire. Enjoy! ^_^

Overview

19420909_1388480101243740_48562925169272

Front

19424244_1388480054577078_42631369960330

Left

19247881_1388479927910424_18496731834013

Right

19437716_1388479981243752_86066581551086

Back

19420471_1388480004577083_42817263173078

(Disclaimer: If you're here just looking at the pictures and think I'm the one who made and painted this... I'm not! Read the post!)

I know, brother - I just wish I could remember the gentleman's name. With luck we may see him yet.

I wanna say I saw an entire army on the internet like that...type in maybe Tau XV9 or something. I was looking at some models and saw the army that matches it!

Hi there, thanks for posting up the pics. I'm made up to see one of my models on here. It was great chatting to you guys at warhammer world. If it's okay I'd like to post more of my army as I get them painted up?

Below's my first attempt to see if I liked the style. It turns out I did and I went straight out and bought the Ta'unar and started it. Next time I'm going to start with the Manta and be done with it. :)

http://i.imgur.com/fHPLfNK.jpg

Hi there, thanks for posting up the pics. I'm made up to see one of my models on here. It was great chatting to you guys at warhammer world. If it's okay I'd like to post more of my army as I get them painted up?

Hello, brother! Glad to have you with us! It was good talk all round, I'd say - the model was a stand out over the weekend and I'm glad to have pictures of it. If you'd like to use this thread to post up more pictures, then by all means don't let us stop you. There is also the option to begin your own thread if you so wish - it's up to you. :tu:

By all means post some more of the army :smile.:

Is the base home made?

Yes it's homemade. I sanded down the base that comes with the model and then sprayed it black to try and get it looking smooth. I then pencilled out the design and painted over it. The thinking behind the design was the circles emanate out with each step it takes, which then link up with each other. I've a whole fluff in my head about the army being controlled by a rogue T'au AI that assimilates everything it comes into contact with and leaves it looking tron. Sort of like a grey goo yin to the tyranids yang. Almost like a T'au, tron, borg mashup.

Hello, brother! Glad to have you with us! It was good talk all round, I'd say - the model was a stand out over the weekend and I'm glad to have pictures of it. If you'd like to use this thread to post up more pictures, then by all means don't let us stop you. There is also the option to begin your own thread if you so wish - it's up to you. :thumbsup:

Cheers man, I appreciate the kind words. I'm happy to keep posting here, no point cluttering the place up. :smile.:

Cheers man, I appreciate the kind words. I'm happy to keep posting here, no point cluttering the place up. :smile.:

Have at it brother! :D

Although I have never been a proponent of Tron-T'au you have pulled it off well and the black/ice blue combines well together.

A suggestion would be for you to try edge highlighting or dry brushing the black with shadow grey.

An example of this method is below on the bike mud guards

brother_librarian_eudaemon___dark_angels

I was thinking of doing the edging but was worried that it might make the model look too busy. There's a simplicity to the current paint scheme that I quite like, but I think I'll try your suggestion on a crisis suit and see how it looks.

Edited by DrNickVC

• 2 months later...

You see, this is the kind of scheme i think Dan Harden had in mind when he started his tron like Tau (no offence and sincere apologies to Dan, whom i think is a great addition to GW) but yours is executed much nicer :wub:  as elmo suggests some fine edge highlighting would make it POP ,perhaps start small on special characters and see how you go...

And thanks to Olis for having such a keen sharp eye for the beauty of 40k :thumbsup: .

Cheers, Mithril 

• 3 weeks later...