Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tron Ta'unar sighted at Warhammer World

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,276 posts

Just a little show and tell, brothers and sisters - I met a great guy on Saturday (while touring the tables alongside Excessus) with an awesome looking KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour suit. If you're on here, brother, speak up! I forgot your name! The pictures, as usual, don't do the model justice.

Anyway, I thought I'd snap a few pictures to give the new Tau section on B&C something to admire. Enjoy! ^_^

Overview

19420909_1388480101243740_48562925169272

Front

19424244_1388480054577078_42631369960330

Left

19247881_1388479927910424_18496731834013

Right

19437716_1388479981243752_86066581551086

Back

19420471_1388480004577083_42817263173078

(Disclaimer: If you're here just looking at the pictures and think I'm the one who made and painted this... I'm not! Read the post!)

• elmo, Kelborn and Mechanicus Tech-Support like this
gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,185 posts
  • Chapter Name: XVth Legion, Ist Legion
That's awesome!
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,276 posts

I know, brother - I just wish I could remember the gentleman's name. With luck we may see him yet. 

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,185 posts
  • Chapter Name: XVth Legion, Ist Legion

I know, brother - I just wish I could remember the gentleman's name. With luck we may see him yet.

I wanna say I saw an entire army on the internet like that...type in maybe Tau XV9 or something. I was looking at some models and saw the army that matches it!
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,693 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Aye, she was an impressive sight.

simison

simison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,814 posts
  • Chapter Name: Halcyon Wardens, Blood Angels

Nice, I hope to have my own Tron Tau army one day. Love the color scheme.

Project Leader of the Brotherhood of the Lost (http://www.bolterand...od-of-the-lost/)

The Lost IInd Legion: The Halcyon Wardens (http://www.bolterand...enegade-legion/)

The Third Son: Narrative of the Lost IInd Legion Primarch (http://www.bolterand...-the-third-son/)

gallery_92945_11930_24196.png

DrNickVC

DrNickVC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

Hi there, thanks for posting up the pics. I'm made up to see one of my models on here. It was great chatting to you guys at warhammer world. If it's okay I'd like to post more of my army as I get them painted up?

Below's my first attempt to see if I liked the style. It turns out I did and I went straight out and bought the Ta'unar and started it. Next time I'm going to start with the Manta and be done with it. :)

fHPLfNK.jpg

• simison and Marqol like this

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,693 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
By all means post some more of the army :)
Is the base home made?

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,276 posts

Hi there, thanks for posting up the pics. I'm made up to see one of my models on here. It was great chatting to you guys at warhammer world. If it's okay I'd like to post more of my army as I get them painted up?

Hello, brother! Glad to have you with us! It was good talk all round, I'd say - the model was a stand out over the weekend and I'm glad to have pictures of it. If you'd like to use this thread to post up more pictures, then by all means don't let us stop you. There is also the option to begin your own thread if you so wish - it's up to you. :tu:

• DrNickVC likes this

DrNickVC

DrNickVC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

By all means post some more of the army smile.png
Is the base home made?

Yes it's homemade. I sanded down the base that comes with the model and then sprayed it black to try and get it looking smooth. I then pencilled out the design and painted over it. The thinking behind the design was the circles emanate out with each step it takes, which then link up with each other. I've a whole fluff in my head about the army being controlled by a rogue T'au AI that assimilates everything it comes into contact with and leaves it looking tron. Sort of like a grey goo yin to the tyranids yang. Almost like a T'au, tron, borg mashup.

DrNickVC

DrNickVC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

Hello, brother! Glad to have you with us! It was good talk all round, I'd say - the model was a stand out over the weekend and I'm glad to have pictures of it. If you'd like to use this thread to post up more pictures, then by all means don't let us stop you. There is also the option to begin your own thread if you so wish - it's up to you. thumbsup.gif

Cheers man, I appreciate the kind words. I'm happy to keep posting here, no point cluttering the place up. smile.png

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,276 posts

Cheers man, I appreciate the kind words. I'm happy to keep posting here, no point cluttering the place up. smile.png

Have at it brother! :D

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,431 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels/711th CCAB

Although I have never been a proponent of Tron-T'au you have pulled it off well and the black/ice blue combines well together.

A suggestion would be for you to try edge highlighting or dry brushing the black with shadow grey.

An example of this method is below on the bike mud guards

brother_librarian_eudaemon___dark_angels

DrNickVC

DrNickVC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

I was thinking of doing the edging but was worried that it might make the model look too busy. There's a simplicity to the current paint scheme that I quite like, but I think I'll try your suggestion on a crisis suit and see how it looks.

Edited by DrNickVC, 06 July 2017 - 11:04 PM.

DrNickVC

DrNickVC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

Got my commander finished. I decided to mix it up and go with gold for my command troops. I might try and split up the army this way e.g. green for fast attack, etc...

wevJKxd.jpg

• Focslain, mithrilforge, Kelborn and 1 other like this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,332 posts
  • Chapter Name: Raptors & Ad-Mech

You see, this is the kind of scheme i think Dan Harden had in mind when he started his tron like Tau (no offence and sincere apologies to Dan, whom i think is a great addition to GW) but yours is executed much nicer wub.gif  as elmo suggests some fine edge highlighting would make it POP ,perhaps start small on special characters and see how you go...

And thanks to Olis for having such a keen sharp eye for the beauty of 40k thumbsup.gif .

Cheers, Mithril 

• walter h likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 613 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves
I love the Tron theme outta unique and very pleasing to the eyes. I'm surprised i hasn't seen it sooner.

However nice the Tron theme is that last battlesuit you posted up is beautiful. Absolutely magnificent.

Keep up the great work Doc.

And then you have the Space Wolves and thematically you have to say it's akin to being ridden down by a man-wolf, riding a wolf, hitting you in the face with a bag of wolf-cubs.

The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83
PSN: Orlath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users