Where to go next

Sviar

Hello 

I have just started a Ork army and my first purchase was the Start Collecting Orks box, I was just wondering if you have any advice where to go from there? I realize that I need to buy more Boyz, is 30 enough?

I started anew with the Start Collecting box, and added the Grukk's Mob for your only plastic Warboss choice and 5 more Nobz. 

You can never go wrong with more Boyz, and Grotz for meatshields/objectives.

I've just bought Da Vulcha Skwad, 15 Stormboyz with Boss Zagstruk. I think Stormboyz will be decent this edition, but more importantly, the slugga, choppa and stikkbomm arms will prove invaluable for adding variety to your slugga Boyz. Let's face it, that kit is getting on a bit, and suffers from rigid arm syndrome.

After that, well Trukks are more resilient now but less useful for Boyz now that everybody suggests full mobs. But you can still stick Burnas in there...and get better value buying your Boyz models if you get the Trukk Boyz box.

I haven't played my Orks in 8th yet to know the value of Mega Armoured Nobz yet but I feel they'll be decent enough.

Beyond that, it's Orks, nothing will be OP, and nothing will quite be useless, a least until the dreaded meta shakes out. Think about what theme, style of play or simply models you want, and start picking them up bit by bit, painting as you go. 

Have you a particular clan in mind, for instance? Clanz usually 'dictate' a theme or playstyle.

Thanks you Brother Handro and Morning Star for the advices:yes:. I'll think my next purchase will be Trukk Boyz and/or Grukk's mob. Burnas in Trukks is a god idea:thumbsup:

I have been looking att both Killa Kanz and Mega Nobz.

I´ll hopefully have something to show the community by the end av August, and with luck a battlereport as well :yes:.

The greatest piece of advice I have for starting Ork's is Boyz before Toyz. They die by the the dozen, so you are going to want a lot of them! :happy.:

As an example, here's the 1000pt list I'm working towards for WAAAAGH FLASHDAKKA 2.0:

Mega armoured Boss

Painboy

3 Mega Nobz in a trukk

2x 30 Boyz

10 boyz in a trukk

That I feel is a good jumping off point and a great core of an Ork force. If meganobz aren't your cup of tea, you can always switch them out for something else.

Hope that helps! B)

Thanks for the advice Boss Flashdakka and Civsmitty. More Boyz got it:smile.:. I like Nobz, I usually don't get the chance to meet an Ork player. But on a rare occasion when I do, Nobz are the reason why I struggle to get a grip on the game.

I'll see if I can persuade a person at my LGC to put up a 1000p game and I will try your list.

• 4 weeks later...

The Loota/Burna Box is awesome. Lootas are your means of Dakka and Bruna are also decent (if they get a transport). The Nob box is even better :wub: 

But it would help what play style you would like? Are you one of the sneaky gits or DAKKA DAKKA? Are you from the Kanz faction or Green Tide? Orks have a lot of play styles and are always fun to play (with and against).

The Loota/Burna Box is awesome. Lootas are your means of Dakka and Bruna are also decent (if they get a transport). The Nob box is even better :wub: 

This is a good suggestion, because the beauty of that box is that you can combine two boxes of Lootas/Burnas and a box of boyz, and get a unit each of Lootas and Burnas.

Sorry for the late reply, I was away without any internet devices (my choice).

Thanks DeRome90 and Toaae =)

@DeRome90 I like to be sneaky, but that may not work out so well on the tabletop. I know that tides are hard to run with all effective long range weapons.

I really like the Burna Boyz (and Meganobz:smile.:) which I think is auto include. The real challenge is to get their Trukk across the table without it getting shoot down.