I'm back and have a few questions about 8th

lovesmuffins

Long time brothers and sisters,

I was building a list in battlescribe (don't have imperium 1 yet, my lfgs sold out before I could get a copy). Anyway is it correct they come with the old bolter/bp/chainsword pretty much standard?

With the slight need to some of our more powerful units and buffs to weaker ones or ones that didn't see much play, is it better to forego loading out grey hunters? Like running mmc units and building more towards wulfen/wolf guard spam?

And finally a rules question do you still get +1A on a charge? ( I have just picked up the rule book just haven't had the time to read it)

Question 1: yes its standard but you have to pay for each piece of wargear. Thankfully those items cost 0 points.

Question 2: Well you can play however you like but I find GHs useful with a lot of plasma fire. 

Question 3: No, sadly the +1 attack is gone as is +1 for having bolt pistol/chaisword combo. Our brothers do have one more attack then most marine chapters due to chainswords being standard.  Sadly we lost counter attack in the change between 7th and 8th.

Seems like a good place to post my follow up since this is about Grey Hunters, but can the Pack Leader be the unit that replaces his boltgun with an item from the Space Wolves Special Weapons list and replace his bolt pistol with a plasma pistol?

Seems like a good place to post my follow up since this is about Grey Hunters, but can the Pack Leader be the unit that replaces his boltgun with an item from the Space Wolves Special Weapons list and replace his bolt pistol with a plasma pistol?

No for both.

A grey hunter pack leader has its own equipment options. (i believe he has a bolt pistol and boltgun standard, and canbtake a chainsword, power fist, axe or sword).

The special weapons and plasma pistol can only be taken by a "grey hunter"

No for both.

A grey hunter pack leader has its own equipment options. (i believe he has a bolt pistol and boltgun standard, and canbtake a chainsword, power fist, axe or sword).

If you want to fully custmoize your pack leader, then its better to upgrade to a WGPL for the added +1 to leadership and access to Combi's because those things can dish out hurt now.

Course I do have this question about the cost of buying a WGPL for a greyhunter squad: Do I pay for the cost of Wolfguard when upgrading which is 16 points btw or is that free?

No for both.

If you want to fully custmoize your pack leader, then its better to upgrade to a WGPL for the added +1 to leadership and access to Combi's because those things can dish out hurt now.

You can take both a regular Pack Leader and the Wolf Guard Pack Leader.

Course I do have this question about the cost of buying a WGPL for a greyhunter squad: Do I pay for the cost of Wolfguard when upgrading which is 16 points btw or is that free?

The answer to that question is on page 198 of your Index.