Picture Hosting-site alternatives to Photobucket

Alright so, apparently Photobucket forbids the hotlinking of all images that are hosted on free accounts. Naturally, this makes me quite livid considering how clunky the site is as it is and I don't feel like throwing my cash at them. This now means that I have a TON of pictures to replace in all my threads (About 150, I believe). Does anyone know/can recommend an image hosting site?

While photobucket is trash, it looks like you just hit your bandwidth limit for the month, so give it a few days and all will look as normal (though I would suggest paring down the number of images that are linked to). Imgur has it's own set of issues but is probably the next best alternative to buying your own hosting space. You could also upload into your personal B&C gallery and use that.

Don't really know where to put this, so I guess Amicus would be the place to be...

But Photobucket has now changed policy in regards to 3rd party hosting, so those Banners for Challenge against the Dawn will be uploaded on a different site, and I shall notify you guys when it is up...

Also, certain photos for Crusade Badges and similar that was asked for me and used for the forum will also be uploaded some place else (possible the gallery, but the size restrictions for images will hamper me a bit :p )

Sorry for any inconvenience and if the mods decide to move this to someplace else, please notify me as well through a pm, so I can re-direct my link from the BT forum...

Yeah I've just had to bin my signature due to it now consisting of 9 "pay us money pls" Photobucket banners, and will now have to either reconstruct my various threads with new hosting or just let them die because it will be too much work. 

Not allowing hotlinking in your terms is one thing, but changing the rules after the fact is a real dick move. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I probably wouldn't have noticed for ages otherwise. I'll reconstruct my signature later, but I'm probably gonna just start a new project log. Sod hunting through Photobucket for all the correct pics to re-upload to the B&C gallery.

Dragonlover

Just noticed this too, it seems a shame that they do this after so long, seems they have started taking a new direction, also noticed a lot of advertisements on their site these days which hasn't been helpful either.

Don't forget as a B&C member you can freely create galleries for hosting your WIP and sig images. We promise to always allow them to be shown on the B&C :wink:

I am in the process of migrating some of my images over to the B&C gallery right away. Heads up though, the image hosting guidelines thread might need an update as it says all images "must be power-armour related", which seems a particularly outdated requirement now!

Just noticed this too, it seems a shame that they do this after so long, seems they have started taking a new direction, also noticed a lot of advertisements on their site these days which hasn't been helpful either.

It has become a really poor site to use over time, and it's only saving grace was that images displayed via hotlink usually showed up correctly without issues. Once my annoyance with having to re-upload everything has died down I'll probably view this as a "for the best" type move.

Real shame they would do this - but not unexpected - there are a lot of wonderful threads out there that will be affected and I don't just mean related to this hobby. How many searches will you do on t'interweb only to find the photos missing, especially for tutorials and the like. I am disappointed at this but to be honest it was only a matter of time really.

For my own threads, I would love to spend the time going through them and changing the links but it is such a time consuming labour I don't think I will be able to as there are about 50+ pages across the three of them.

It's funny, I had just started using the B&C gallery again so :cuss photobucket! I hated using that :cuss anyway with all the ads and only kept it going to keep my threads photos live.

EDIT : I have edited my sig however ;)

Edited by Midnight Runner

As a lot of you may have noticed, Photobucket seems to have revoked 3rd party hosting rights unless you pay them, so a lot of Plogs and the like are now full of horrible warning images :(

Thought it might be nice to advise people for the future :)

Does anyone have any good alternatives?

I'm going to use Imgur for now.

Google photos might be ok if you have gmail account and don't ever plan to use the pictures commercially. Interface is a bit pain in the ass but is free, fast and has big capacity.

I use the gallery here all the time. you can still just right click on an uploaded image to get image location and then include it in your post as normal - much better than using photobucket or anything like that.

I mainly use imgur for all of my photo posting needs. As others have said, the B&C gallery is also very good!

Photobucket is a blight and the sooner it closes it's doors the better, although I do feel for my B&C brothers and sisters who still use it for their logs. It may be worth gathering your pics from the bucket, adding them to a B&C gallery folder and then posting a link to said folder at the beginning of your blog, rather than going back and adding new links to every post. B)