Ferrus Manus: Gorgon of Medusa

I didn't know that Ferrus lead one of three arms of the Crusade, or that he had strong thoughts that he should be Warmaster.

Yup, it's background set up by FW - although it was stated he didn't seem particularly troubled by Horus being chosen instead

Part of his role during the Great Crusade was leading other Legions & younger Primarchs, as a 'senior' among the brothers, which probably has a lot to do with him being the 3rd discovered.

It also explains why Dorn put him in charge of 8 Legions for the Isstvan V campaign - he was likely the loyalists' most senior field commander

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

Dorn put him in charge?

Yeah, I get your point, but Dorn was the de facto mouthpiece of the Emperor at that point, what with the big E locked up in the Imperial Dungeons, so any message from him was assumed to be from the Emperor - plus, after being put in charge of 6 other assumed Loyalist Primarchs (the Imperial Fists Retribution fleet didn't include Dorn), I doubt Ferrus would quibble about who's in charge

Received mine this morning, thankfully they have returned to the lovely box covers of previous books after the purple obscenity that was the Fulgrim. Ferrus gets a particularly superb box.

I like the art from most of the books including the controversial white eyes! I reckon Ferrus looks pretty awe inspiring with his crazy backpack.

Looking forward to reading this one.....

Why would the Emperor put him in charge when he’d been stuck on the golden throne and no one had seen him except the Custodes for over twelve months? The Emperor only spoke to Dorn through the Custodes for the entirety of the Age of Darkness, why would that change just to tell Ferrus to lead the expedition?

Why would the Emperor put him in charge when he’d been stuck on the golden throne and no one had seen him except the Custodes for over twelve months? The Emperor only spoke to Dorn through the Custodes for the entirety of the Age of Darkness, why would that change just to tell Ferrus to lead the expedition?

That is incorrect. He speaks to Dorn directly in the Nemesis.

Received mine this morning, thankfully they have returned to the lovely box covers of previous books after the purple obscenity that was the Fulgrim. Ferrus gets a particularly superb box.

I like the art from most of the books including the controversial white eyes! I reckon Ferrus looks pretty awe inspiring with his crazy backpack.

Looking forward to reading this one.....

I really like the cover art for this one too, but I’m with you that I’ve liked most of them so far.

How?

He walks into a room and talks to him, Valdor and Malcador.

You’re kidding....

To be more specific, he appears in a room and talks to them. It's possible it was a psychic projection rather than his physical form.

Ok, he does that in other stories too. I thought they actually changed it again. 

And to Malcador a few times, and to Ra in Master of Mankind. Spoke to Dorn to reassure him of his trust in The Lightning Tower. The main difference in Nemesis is that he goes beyond communicating and opens up the curtains in the room where Dorn and co. are debating the assassins. Could well be an error but as a physical act it's hardly beyond the capabilities of a psychic projection.

How?

He walks into a room and talks to him, Valdor and Malcador.
You’re kidding....

Not really, but yes, it might have been a thought projection.

Who knows? But yeah, he could have easily talk to Rogal directly. That, at the very least, is clear.

But to circle back to B1Soul’s original point that Dorn didn’t play any significant role in organizing the Istvaan V retribution Fleet, are there any recorded instances of him using astral projection to talk to people not on earth once Magnus had breached the webway?

Dorn organized the Imperial response to Horus and sent them to Isstvan V. His own Retribution Fleet of the Fists was already on its way, but got stuck in Warpstorms and resulted in Phall. In Mechanicum he clearly says that he "need to gather the Legions to strike at the heart of the traitor" and he also states that he needs the Word Bearers, including Sor Talgron, for the assault on Isstvan V.