Azrael buffs inside transports

Eldorien

Hello guys!

I just got a couple of doubts about how the Azrael buffs can work inside a transport.

I did a list when Azrael inside a LRC buffing a couple of Razorbacks, the LRC itself and the other stuff, but now I wonder if the buffs work beeing Azrael embarked in the LRC, becouse in the Index, it says this:

Chapter Master: You can reroll failed hit rolls for friendly Dark Angels units that are withing 6" of Azrael.

Lion Helm: Azrael is acompanied by a relic bearer who carreis the Lion Helm. All friendly Dark Angels models withing 6" of Azrael have a 4+ invulnerable save. The relic bearer must be always remain as close to Azrael as possible, but otherwise is ignored for all gaming purposes. Remove the relic bearer if AZrael is slain.

What do you guys think? because the buffs specifies to units close to Azrael, but Azrael is not phisically in the table, its inside a transport.

Im confused hehe.

Thanks.

PD: Sorry for my english, I dont usually speaks of my hobby in other language (im spanish xD).

This should clear things up:

Unless specifically stated, abilities that affect other units within a certain range have no effect whilst the unit that has the ability is embarked.

In other words: While Azrael sits in a transport, neither will his boys outside reroll failed hit rolls nor do they get the 4++ save.

Keep him on foot, if you want the buffs.

Also, keep in mind that the 4++ is for models in 6" distance, not units.

It's still better than the previous buff that only applied to the unit he was with.

Now we even have the advantage of blasts being gone so models don't have to be spreaded out!

They do if you don't want to get sucked into a massive punching and pistol shooting mosh pit hehe.

It's still better than the previous buff that only applied to the unit he was with.

Now we even have the advantage of blasts being gone so models don't have to be spreaded out!

They do if you don't want to get sucked into a massive punching and pistol shooting mosh pit hehe.
I thought that was the whole point of 40K! ;)