The death of chaos undivided?

Maybe. But it also means the whole article is itself a lie because it takes the stance that sabotaging Abaddon is against the will of the gods.

The article contradicts itself. If it is the will of the gods, then it cannot be against the will of the gods, and it cannot be a betrayal.

Just like the 3.5 IA articles, it is meant to be a biased view.

Maybe. But it also means the whole article is itself a lie because it takes the stance that sabotaging Abaddon is against the will of the gods.

The article contradicts itself. If it is the will of the gods, then it cannot be against the will of the gods, and it cannot be a betrayal.

Just like the 3.5 IA articles, it is meant to be a biased view.

not a lie so much as a mistaken viewpoint, Be'Lakor's in particular.

And belakor isn't trying to convince others he only does the will of the gods half so much as he's trying to convince himself otherwise.

On track though I'm happy they at least kept Be'lakor undivided. I do hope to see more options for our Daemon Princes in the future. The one thing/upgrade I do think is lacking as a global input for both Chaos Space Marines and Daemons is the option to pick a Daemonic Weapon.

Overall I think CSM is worked out decently well but man Daemons feel static, very few choices in terms of making something new/cool. Certain designs obviously work well as is but considering they are more or less represented as a seperate Faction aswell based on Keywords it seems like GW doesn't have any creative plans for them just yet.

Yeah, considering they found room in the loyalist index for their relic blades, you'd really think they could have given us proper daemon weapons for our lords.  Or at least master crafted weapons.  A chaos lord stuck with a generic power weapon is just... sad.  It leaves us running from duels with loyalist counterparts, which is shameful and frustrating.

they were just arbitrarily sorted into the 'fine detailed rules for codeces' bin instead of the 'basic foundational rules for indeces' bin is all.  There doesn't seem to be anything more deliberate about it than that.  They're mentioned in the 8e lore, some of the special characters have daemon weapons (even if there no longer seems to be a specific rule associated with that - eg Abby's sword works like old daemon weapons, but typhus's manreaper doesn't.

If you're looking at hints of future design philosophy, I'd focus on that.  It looks like they'll be moving away from daemon weapons as a generic special rule and towards bespoke relics with particular abilities, some maybe adding a bunch of extra attacks like in the past, others maybe being stronger or having better damage or whatever.

I spent a good half hour looking through the index for any mention of Daemon weapons, as I was baffled about the lack of them. They've just been such a staple of our faction for so long, that I couldn't comprehend them being omitted.

Has there been any explanation of that yet?

Like AoS, we're still waiting on our actual Codexes. Eventually we'll start getting subfaction specific Codexes. First one will obviously be Death Guard and we'll move from there.

Appreciate it, thanks guys.

Your takes on the subject are pretty much where my thoughts were headed anyhow.  

My consternation has mostly to do with, my Lords have been lugging daemon weapons around forever, and modeled to reflect that. It's actually sort of weird to not just default to daemon weapon of whatever sort when building the list. It's the biggest reason I'm going with Khârn for my hq, until a codex of some sort drops. There's just not another option armed appropriately for my World Eaters. ;)

Night Lords are very likely to be my second heresy era army. Of course part of the reason for this is how easily the FW figs for them translate straight over to CSM. Sevatar would make a great Chaos Lord, or Sorceror with about zero modification.

Sev would be a bad idea for 40k imho. One of the coolest things to come out of the night lords series is that no one knows what happened to sevatar.

I feel kinda meh about Talos. Maybe as like some sort of sergeant/champion character, but not as a lord i think.

Honestly, I'd like to see someone new. Flesh out the VIII Legion.

I meant the figure, not the character, in a counts as some generic Lord or Sorceror sense. 

I entirely agree with you about the character, both Sev and Talos, as well as the need for something new.

I honestly wouldn't mind Septimus and Octavia's child showing up in 40k. He's Decimus if I recall correctly, the inheretor of Talos' geneseed. Given the events in the trilogy, it's actually probably appropriately timed, and he's a bit of a blank slate.

Still something entirely new, a terminator armored former Atramentar, or inheretor of one's armor, perhaps a survivor from the Covenant of Blood, perhaps from elsewhere, just to drive home that the Night Lords are more than simply raptors? It's not like there's not a wealth of source material to pull from.

Could be anything really.

Edited by Theis

Yeah, but last we saw Sahaal, he was missing an arm and none of the other Night Lords liked him lol.

Krieg might be cool to showcase the more Chaotic side of the VIII.

Halaskar was the battle-barge captain from Soul Hunter I believe? He might be good to go with since he's a blank slate virtually.

Who was the guy from the Heresy? Krukesh the Pale I think? He's the Chiroptera who took a major planet without any casualties and made his entire company swear an oath of silence about how they did it lol. I'd love to see more of him.

Night Lords are weird. On the one hand, not that much background to draw from because most of it is character specific. On the other hand, there are just so many easter eggs that can be opened lol.

I spent a good half hour looking through the index for any mention of Daemon weapons, as I was baffled about the lack of them. They've just been such a staple of our faction for so long, that I couldn't comprehend them being omitted.

Has there been any explanation of that yet?

As others have said the option is there for the future.

There is currently nothing fluffy, narratively correct with Index Chaos. However it's created to have you play and basically act as an overlap from 7th to 8th. As a game in itself it works out perfectly fine. Daemonic Weapons arn't perse a competitive design, afterall it all depends on how GW wants to push X or Y.

As said in other topics though, don't cling too much on what you knew. In certain cases you might see things pop up in more illogical places as was the case in the 2000-2016 era. 

This edition indeed will unfold much like AoS does. Meaning upcomming Codex will have Codex exclusive upgrades and the like.

With this in mind though it also means that not all Legions will have their own Codex asap. There are a ton of factions to cover. For those just use the giant mix-ball of Index Chaos to your advantage because there are a lot of possible advantages to obtain. Such as the 12 legal Troop choices we have, Psy Powers and Named characters.

If we're going to go technical this is offcourse also what Chaos Undivided means. The Death Guard codex that is comming up is an example of Chaos Devided, a devision of Chaos, Nurgle. 

Edited by Commissar K.