Fate of Konor: Wings of Deliverance

Nusquam

I figured it would be fun to have a place to discuss prep and play for the upcoming global campaign.

I know im eagerly getting my Raptors ready with enthusiasm i haven't felt in a long time regarding any sort of 40k event. I only have 4 models left to paint in my Raptors collection with the curved emblems en route.

What preparations have my fellow sons of Corax been up to for this event? Planned lists?

Thanks for Reminding me......I need to get on working on my lists.

Not sure if i going IF or Raptors

My RG and SW successors are going to be running around with my Imperial Knights laying waste to their local xenos and chaos presence. It's well timed because I have a big tourney that's coming up in October. So, this will be good for tempering my lists.

>.> I mean ... purging the taint of chaos and xenos is always good... <.<.....

Painting on my Raptors is in full swing for the campaign. Still waiting on the curved shoulder insignias.

gallery_72456_10525_90713.jpg

Hey Nusqaum,

Do you not fancy including these bad boys in the 'Hidden Hands of the Emperor' Challenge?

Given that the models were released after the start of the challenge, we'd be happy to take the above as your before pictures!

Cheers,

Valaas

• 4 weeks later...

Astaramis stood today. 82% Imperium control(Our store only does it once a week on sundays basically). Imperium having so many painted units helped a lot. Won 11-5 against Necrons. 

It was a fun game. The RG CT was great and the game was a lot of fun.

Hows everyone elses campaign going?

Lost 17-22 against an optimized Tau gunline with all these different drones and characters. Defender had a serious advantage this week. I was attacker and got seized on. Tau character buff and drone shenanigans are extremely good. Had I not got seized on I'm confident I would won, even if by a little. Aggressors died turn 1 and did nothing. That was the insult to injury.

I did bring a lot of painted elites so even with a -1 to imperium from a xenos win I still was able to net 3 points for us. Last week I net an entire armies worth being space marines. Next week is vehicles for the store so I plan on bringing a lot.

I had a glorious victory with my Guard last week against some pesky space clowns interfering in our sector

I had planned to take a Vanguard style elite list on patrol this week to purge more of those Heretic Astartes! However it appears the enemy in my sector is licking its wounds from last week and I do no not think I will get a campaign game in for week 2 :(

I have noticed some potentially Xenos or Death Guard activities which depending on the threat I will be sending a 1500pt force to go inspect and deal with the matter this Saturday (essentially unless my opponent brings his Nids, I'll be playing my RG)

100% Imperium control this week for my sector. No chaos showed up and the imperial players brought a lot of painted models.

My local store is the same, which I guess is good seeing as I won't get a game in this week.

Do the individual scores at locations contribute to the overall campaign or just the overall control of the location?

ie does it make a difference if your holding the store 500 - 1 or is the same if its the W/L is 2-1?

My opponent confirmed his Death Guard are built and ready for the weekend so my RG's will be gearing up! :smile.:

There will be photos, however half the board might be grey...

Double post...

They just announced this weeks mission and I have a dilemma!

Its not super RG... the set up is a relatively barren hammer and anvil. With the defender (Imperium) having to stop the attackers from getting through to their deployment edge.

This seems to be a really good mission for my relatively static and numerous guard, not so much for our tactical strike RG....
I was really looking forward to playing my RG against some DG, but from a narrative PoV it doesn't seem logical to me

I am trying to think what list I would take...
It would be a lot of Tactical marines, maybe some scouts. Devastators and Sternguard, maybe some VV's??
The closest I have to tanks is some assault cannon Razorbacks

Should I try and hamfist an RG list into this scenario? Or should I wait until next week where we get something more RG centric?

Do the individual scores at locations contribute to the overall campaign or just the overall control of the location?

ie does it make a difference if your holding the store 500 - 1 or is the same if its the W/L is 2-1?

A store owner explained to me that the control of the store is the only point that matters towards the "Who wins the planet" question overall, but that the individual scores/merits matter towards smaller rewards.

@duz_ - You could make a gun line for defense, sure.  The more you can shoot them before they get to you, the less you'll have to deal with once they get to the line.

Alternatively, could you still use SftS to speed bump certain units?  I mean, it's a one-way mission, but a good offense is a good defense: having units suddenly appear at the attacker's line means the RG units would have to be dealt with, right?

I think what you're saying is I need to buy that new Dread and some of those Inceptors... ;)
I was trying to trade out some of my unbuilt 1950's space robots for one but no bites yet... :unsure.:

I'm not sure SftS works well in this scenario as the deployment says to keep terrain at a minimum.
Defender gets 36" deployment vs attackers 12". It just seems weird for a RG force to be sitting in the open like that

It would be a mech force with flyers and rhinos / razorbacks though? Stormtalons would be perfect for that role! B)

Hrmmm... ok I think I pull something together ... :D

Not a fan of this mission. It feels like GW trying to get an Imperial loss. You can spam flyers and rake up 2VPs a model, 3 if you happen to do a flyby and kill something.

Though I think you can technically lose still via sudden death for having no models? Seems like an oversight. Might be an inadvertent balancing act.

Had a team tournament today instead of the weekly mission for the campaign. I played with my Sons of Dorn friend. We went undefeated and won it. The first game was a clean Retrieval win against UM/AdMech, second was relic against optimized gunline UM and raider/dread rush BT and my RG just Pulled the relic from the shadows into our deployment, and the third was a nail biter Secure and Control against DE/Nids. I brought a painted rhino and repulsor so we got 5 points for imperium today.

Our first opponents didn't place, our second opponents came in second, and our third came in third.

Xenos has some wins and other imperium armies had some. Not sure if chaos did or not. Safe to say our store is in Imperial control.

Our lists for reference:

http://i.imgur.com/MoV9yZ5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/xD6fMds.png

My tactics for the first two games were put Shrike and Inceptors in deep strike and the Aggressors in shadows. Deploy the aggressors in a good spot, fly the repulsor up, and deepstrike the inceptors and Shrike for buckets of dice with rerolls to hit. Then my CF friend lascannin'd big things.

The Aggressors and Inceptors died horribly every game but not before reaping a heavy toll first and getting their points back in kills and then in firepower soaked up. Repulsor only died in the last game. I love those three units. They provide valuable dakka. If I wanted to optimize it I would spend my three CP(We shared the pool anyway) to make a captain a CM and take Storm of Fire.

Update: 100% Imperial control this week too.

• 2 weeks later...

A thought on better applying overwhelming force of my fellow battle brothers!

I am not sure what your local store is like, however given last weeks loss and apparently a large heretic insurgency in my sector (and globally?) I propose this new battle plan to my brothers:

• Paint as many models as you can (these are guaranteed victory points!)
  • Hold off scoring them until the final week

By all means play any battles you would like this week, although with the mission as is it certainly is slated in Chaos favour, so victory will be difficult.

This way we can at least hope to grab a 4-2 overall victory if we work together! :biggrin.: