WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

Great rusting on the Bomma.

Thank you. 

I just rounded up the tail gunner bitz to finish it up I'm looking forward to having it finished! 

Yesterday I was out and hit the shop on my way home. One of my long time friends was there schooling some other gamers on AoS E2.  I mentioned the ETL goings on's and he said I should definitely bust open my last stompa Kit for this event. I'm reluctant to do it but I think it would be a fitting end to the season for me. So if I decide to I will Vow next Monday morning and shoot to have it built and painted in a week or so. The complication is one of my friends may be coming over on Friday for a game (Friday the 13th...)  Unless he want's to build models and paint. We'll see. I mean to only spend Monday to Friday on it and be done but that's a little silly 2 weeks is a lot more manageable. Meh.  we'll see. 

I may be ready for a third vow shortly.
I was thinking about vowing a Stompa, I have a kit still in the box. However, I also have on that I started set aside and it fell off a shelf and took some damage. It's hardly past base coated at best. I think I have found all the parts. I have to check that the arm I found belongs to this model or maybe it belongs to another Stompa that also fell. I'll have to look either way I have another arm unprimed in a bag. Years ago I started to cannibalize a stompa to build a kustom Stompa....so I was in need of extra parts.. We've all been there I'm sure. The way I look at it the less building I have to do the better.
If I do have all the parts I would like to vow this one to get it finished. (Finally.) It's been started but sitting aside for over a year.

If this isn't too far along I can place a vow shortly.

med_gallery_3442_13347_78144.jpg

Please let me know if this is acceptable to vow. ( with this much paint already on it.)

ETL Update.

The body is probably done now I tried something newish. I mixed some yellow and red/orange ink with some flesh wash and rust colored paint to make a ruse colored wash, not the same color as my usual rust. This was applied over ever nut and bolt I could see over the whole body and let to drip. leaving nasty rusty bolts and a bit of a rust trail below them. Not 100% done on that idea but we'll see.

I sorted out the smoke stacks with a heavy black wash, made from my black primer thinned down. Looks nice and nasty now. the head is coming along nicely as well. Just about ready to move on to the extra parts most of them I will have to rebuild but this also lets me paint them and then put them back on the stompa. 

Update-ish.

I recently subscribed to a youtube channel called Mindsmash. it follows fighting and the,I guess, philosophy of fighting. Very interesting stuff. One video covered the chess master Magnus.(I think that's his name.) He played 10 people at one time sitting with his back to them and beat them. The video focuses on him saying he usually know what to do by feel. then goes to Enter the Dragon. "Don't think Feel." Which reminded me of my last game and the choices I didn't make because I was playing it safe. Granted it's not life or death but maybe I should just go with my first thoughts on the table top consequences be damned. lol  (I lost the game any way...maybe this would at least provide more excitement the next time! ) 

I know I can't really trust my dice but two things about that.  They d on occasion roll those 6's upon request and my Step son says when I am having fun my dice get hot. It's kinda funny.
A lot of times in a game I say just roll me that 6 and boom, a 6 comes up.  People freak out about it and it's hilarious. The look of shock on the face of random people at tournaments is priceless or at least worth the price of admission.  It funny because my dice seem to hate me most of the time. I guess it's a love hate relationship. 

ETL Update.

Finally working on the Kannons and Mega Choppa. I'm still missing  a few bitz. They are around somewhere or other. If I can't find them I wont worry about it and finish without them. when they turn up I'll paint them and stick them on. 
I need to make a list of what's missing so I will remember what they are for when I find them.  
Things are coming along faster than I expected but I am still not expecting to call it quits until some time next week, unless it happens before then.

ETL Update.

A bit more progress to report.

med_gallery_3442_13347_171838.jpg

I spent more time sorting out the colors on the head. Lookin right to me now.

med_gallery_3442_13347_138491.jpg

Added the shoulder armour and turret. I can't locate the other shoulder plate so it's not going to be bothered with, like all the other missing bitz I'll just paint them later if they ever turn up. It is what it is.

med_gallery_3442_13347_135587.jpg

I'm finishing up this side of the stompa now and am likely to call it done after this. (some time this weekend. )
I will have one more look around my bitz boxes to see what I find. But if nothing turns up it'll just be done. Nott too bad as far as the time, having it already mostly built saved a few days. Getting tired of building models. I prefer to throw paint at them!

Finally the Stompa is as done as it can be right now. 

Here's a link. 

My Web cam decided not to work for who knows what reason so there's were taken with my phone set to 1080p but the quality isn't as good for some reason.

Very glad to be finished with this. 

0716180703a.jpg

Doping the same load of pictures here seems a little silly so you'll have to follow the link for the rest. 

All the pictures start to finish are posted on my blog together. I put a link in my ETL post. at the top so it's easy to find! 

Thanks for looking! This seasons been a lot of fun!  I think this is the last vow for this season. If I had realized we were allowed 5 I would have planned my projects a little better. 

I just went through all the other Xenos faction war cams. Looks like I need to place one more vow to have vowed the most. We have 16 days left and counting.

I just happen to have a Meka dread that I want to paint, and base. 
I will have to look at the points and make a vow quickly. It's built and primered brown. I put some metallic on it's kill saw thing. It's hardly started. 
I should be ready to post that vow tomorrow. 

From what I am reading the Meka dread is 205 base the Big ZZAPP and the Rippa Klaw have costs the Mega charger does not. So I guess it's a total of 258 points. I will try to confirm the points before I vow.

Edited by Warhead01

That Stompa is looking good! 

Do you use an airbrush? 

Thank you. I do airbrush but I didn't airbrush this one.  It's all thin color, stippling, layering and washes. 

My "way" is super easy.  Base coat dark brown. get a ragged brush. get the next color, a rust orange or  a red or a metal. Stab color on vigorously, repeat with next color. 

Wash model with thinned down black paint and then thinned down brown paint. Add extra colors, green, blue, yellow ect. wash those as well. 

Get a detail brush and a silver metal color you like. draw lines to imply damage and chipping. Then if you think lines are too thick go back with a black paint and put in more lines to also look like damage then..you guessed it, wash again.  The biggest part of it is establishing the base colors and rust. It should look like a pile of beaten ruined metal smashed together. 

I use red usually. So Brown, rust, metal, red, solid colors then a wash. Tick marks then a wash. Just until I am happy with it. 

For Airbrushes I have an Iwata HP-Cs and a Badger. (Cant recall just now which one for sure It's been a little while. I think it's a Khrome.

Here's a series of posts where I was airbrushing Necrons for a commission.

I painted an army for my self but sold it and was asked to pain a lot more just like what I had sold. I made very good money on that job. 

My only regret is that I wish I had been better at basing models for that job. They would have looked so much better with better bases. 

Edited by Warhead01

And here we go!

ETL Update.

I have started the base, have to wait till tonight to prime it.
And pulled the meka dread off it's old base.

med_gallery_3442_13347_14536.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_68344.jpg

Update.

a few days ago I started chopping the back off of a trukk I was going to sell. I am going to try to turn it into a buggy or something I think.

ETL Update.

The base is primes and painted now!

Glued the Meka Dread to the base.
Pictures tomorrow morning. 

So far I have put some green and a little blue on this Monsta Dread and not a lot else just yet. 'm working out how to use all my colors still shouldn't be that difficult. 

ETL Update. Vow Complete.

Meka dread'

med_gallery_3442_13347_226281.jpg

I have a lot of pictures to post in the morning.
I'll make it official in the outpost.
I'm going to have a look around for something else to vow , something quick and easy.

Or not. Still have to look. This Meka read is really cool lookin!

When I was putting my Meka dread away I found my Mega dread.
med_gallery_3442_13347_124971.jpg med_gallery_3442_13347_71445.jpg

It's seen better days. I am thinking this will be my 5th vow.
I have to fix it, rebase it and I want to change it's Kill Kannon into a Rattler Kannon. (Which is amazing!)

It's now counted as a Meka Dread in the index so it'll have 2 Big shootas, a Rattler Kannon and rippa Klaw. Should be around the same costs at the other Meka Dread.
And that dear friends will be the final vow for this season from my Mek shop. Right after I chech my bitz box for parts to make that ratler Kannon.
Although I think I have another of those Gatler Kannons from A Stompa in my Bitz box..... Could just do a weapon swap and flashy it up a little...

Oh...This'll be good!

Yep I have parts to work with!

med_gallery_3442_13347_855218.jpg

I'll post my vow this evening and get it going.

Edited by Warhead01

ETL Update. 

Everything is going well and should be done very soon. I've fixed the model to the base but as it was a secondhand model it's leaning in a funny position, slightly slumping forward. 
So its not the most dynamic thing in the world. To fight this I have had to re-fix it to it's base and add filler under it's feet It looks a lot better than it did on that base now.

The Rattler Kannon looks goodIt's a chopped up switched around gattler from a stompa kit. (Used to be on my kustom stompa.) 
Lots of Blue this time. More than last time I think. I have to do a bit more but in a day or two it'll all be done. 

I'm already planning my Vows for next year. well, not what I want to vow but how I want to vow. Hope we can get a tide of projects rolling in next year and hit our 100% from the second week on. I'm sure there's some easy maths about that.  

Pictures soon.

ETL Update.

I rained so I had more hobby time.
Vow Complete.

med_gallery_3442_13347_28406.jpg

More better pictures are needed. I don't know what happened.
After I get the better pictures I'll make it official.

I've taken a lot of pictures and plan to stick everything into a blog post to share.

Update.

I forgot to mention. I officially have 60 painted grots now.
Here's number 60.

med_gallery_3442_13347_117158.jpg

I thought I was 2 models short but I had another metal grot all ready painted that had been hiding on my table among all the other scrap. It's on a base fancy base now too!

I'm already planning for next years ETL. Don't know if i will remember these plans or not but with the state of my collection I am looking at getting only 5 units to paint for a total of 5 vows next year. Obviously if there are new models then my plans change accordingly. But I don't plan to spend a lot on new models so 5 small vows should be manageable.

I'm going to revive my AoD thread shortly, I neglected to post my latest model which I got in April I think and have two more models to retrieve, build and paint.
Oh, and I need to wrap up this ETL season with some group pictures of what I painted. Need to do that out side in natural light, always looks the best outside!

Update.

Working on a weird boy now. I just found a left hand for him. If I had found it sooner I would have entered it in the ETL. No matter.

wip

med_gallery_3442_13347_51172.jpg

His magik paint is going to be neon yellow if I can pull it off.
And I will look for a grot cariying a poll, to lug around his weird boy stick for him.

Want him to look something like this.

NX5Q.gif http://31.media.tumblr.com/1bfa79de3b43417e36e6db1e33f1c92f/tumblr_nsyxwlcmJM1rsl00eo9_250.gif tumblr_nsyxwlcmJM1rsl00eo8_400.gif

That's Busta Rhyms from like the mid 90's. I can't remember the songe, maybe dangerous. The video was a spin on the movie Coming to America.
I like his ?early? work is was very creative. (Correction it's from "put your hands where my eye's can see". I'm no expert...lol)

The colors are a lot of fun in that gif. All that day-glow.

Something about the power of weird boys...

Edited by Warhead01