WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

Update.

Just looking around for the next little project. Not really sure what I should do. Partially want to get back to the bases. (Just about done with my AoD 1st Legion tank.) 
I've found some lootas, which I probably could have vowed. haha. 8 of them. I should see what the state of my lootas actually are. I know I have parts for a few more of them in a bitz bag...Maybe? 
Getting a little frustrated with das intervebs. Wel, rumors ect. Not interested in putting my whole collection on 32mm bases. But that is starting to be the vibe I am picking up on. Notthat I am planning to but I had thought burna boys and Lootas mught be better on bigger bases. so that much I may do. after I order about 50 or 60 bases in that size. I need to take a head count or just order in bull. 

On that subject. it occurs to me as funny that people are also using movement trays. So if my models are on Movement trays why would I then also rebase to larger bases. I really see the bases as more aesthetic/cosmetic than anything else in 8th edition. 
Just some thoughts this morning. 

And speaking of looting...

I've started rounding up bitz and some other models to start the slow process of building another War Koppta as well as that Kill Tank I was thinking about. 
I've seen what looks like an easy build in pictures on line and plan to start with that, building out the hull shape. I will then either build wheels for it or attach some Land raider tracks to it. 
I've started clipping parts off of deff koptas to use to built the war kopta. It will look similar too the other two in shape size and parts but it will be armed with two rattler Kannons for sure. 
Not in a rush. I need to take all of this one step at a time and try to produce a couple quality models. 

This should hold me over until I order all the needed bases for my other basing project. 32's for lootas and something bigger for the War bikers, to kick them up a notch...BAM! 
I'm trying to watch my spending in preparation of the codex and a few extras that may also be coming along with the codex, dice, cards, what ever. 
That is likely the last purchases for this year and the holidays will quickly be rolling in, you know how it gets! 

More stuff to come!

Update. 

I've found 32 mm bases in a lot of 100 for about 12.00 usd. 
From China. They have 75 mm ovules as well which I am not sure of the full measurements but seem comparable to Gw's 75X 46 mm bases. Which is what I am thinking bout putting my war bikers on. I've found them in a lot of 50 for just under 30.00 usd.  

I'm only ordering the 32's right now unless I can find a single of the others to order to checkum' out. 

I'm pausing my plans for a kill tank again. But do want to build the war kopta. It should be a much easier build to sort out.

My Usual Scrumgrod is selling all of his 40K armies to pay down his credit cards and dig himself out of debt.

Apparently he's run off most of his other opponents with his Imperial soup du jour. He's been crying about a lack of competent opponents of "our caliber" , or what ever. 

I've told him in the past, "after 20 years of 40K he should be schooling other players with a garbage list, not the new hotness."  But what do I know lol
I may have sold him on AoS, so there's that. 

No immediate plans.

30K games scheduled for the 18th. And I'll have more 30K models to build and pain there after. This war Kopta will be a slow project, or not. well see. 

will update again when there's an actual update.

A little painting.

gallery_3442_13347_5528.jpg med_gallery_3442_13347_116429.jpg gallery_3442_13347_46778.jpg

Slowly working out a Dakka Jet I never finished and a Blitza Bomba. I have the grot gunner primered and that's the majority of what I hope to accomplish. I'm looking forward to finishing up these aircraft.. I own 14 flyers and am sorting out how many to keep. I figured 7 for sure but that may be 8 in total. I was a juge fan of the Blitza bomba last edition.
I have only used a Dakka Jet once, I think, this edition.
I may just keep two of a kind , and maybe a third Blitza Bomba, just in case we ever play 7th edition again. That gets into some strange reorganization. And Madness!
Best to just paint what I feel like painting and see where it goes.

If you owned a Gargantuan Squigoth, what weapons would you put on it. I also have to rebuild mine and never had the full set of weapons for it. I traded a wfb army to a friend for one back in 05's-ish. I started repainting it 4 years ago or more and it was never finished. Just popped into my head.
Big zzappas seem fun.

Thanks Boss!

About that First Legion. There will be an update I think next week some time. This Saturday I have a 30K game Scheduled so I'll try to grab some pictures to share.

I haven't managed to get back to that tank I was working on I am looking for the green I used for a lens. I'll get back to it soon.

And in uther Knews...

Update.

Dakka Jet progress.

med_gallery_3442_13347_127025.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_173817.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_97805.jpg

Just a little left to do and have to add the glass.

I really like how the blue is coming out. I may go back and add a bit more rust to the color transition / paint peeling off. from blue to red.

Is it blue? or is it a clever disguise... Only the grots know for sure.

Much excitement! 

Also. 

I have assembled and painted the grot tail gunner and glued it in. (Blitza Bomba progress.)

I'm painting this bomba green the same way I painted the other one blue. Looking interesting so far. 
I also have and....idea. 

Maybe Orange based yellow layer on top fire or lightning pattern over the green. Might look sick.

Also planning to paint it's bomba with some blue, so they will be lucky enough to hit... In fact blue for bombs all around.

But should I buy Blue dice. I need more hits. 

Update.

Bomba craziness!

gallery_3442_13347_73450.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_136965.jpg med_gallery_3442_13347_145202.jpg

There's a fair bit left to do. Have to add the glass, paint the tail gunner goggles and dot all the rivets. And maybe something else I haven't remembered just now.

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

First batch of 15 32MM bases for some burna boys!

wip.

gallery_3442_13347_79316.jpg

These are the 32's from china. They work just fine no noticeable difference to the GW ones really.

No solid plays really Just going to sort these out then work on the Burna boys after they're glued on. When I am happy with how they look I'll start again. This is far more fun than working on my First legion flyers. I've pulled my Mega Boss out, he's build from a metal Ghaz and some extra bitz but I am waiting till the codex to sort him out. I want to give him a big choppa but am worried it may not be an option in the codex..... But I might do it anyway.
I've pulled out 3 more metal Burna boys to turn into kill say Meks/spanners. Kinda dreaming up a mobbed up Burna blob.... I know I can pull off 15 in one turn. I'm working on some strange ideas still. What about Goff Burna boys, Kill saw spanners and War path. 10 +5, mobbed for the Kill saws should be 18 Kill saw attacks with exploding 6's. Might even out after some misses. Probably need to buff that with a WAAAAGH banner. Could be nice and choppy, with all the AP -4.

Those bases are looking nice and dusty, I do wonder if you could push the contrast with more orangey rust? At the minute, everything looks to be quite similarly coloured and so blends together somewhat.

I still have 3 washes to put on. that will brake the colors. Just glued the models on and am cleaning up the paint work, washes after. :biggrin.:

I was thinking the last drybrushed color went on too heavy.  The washes make all the difference. 

Those bases are looking nice and dusty, I do wonder if you could push the contrast with more orangey rust? At the minute, everything looks to be quite similarly coloured and so blends together somewhat.

I still have 3 washes to put on. that will brake the colors. Just glued the models on and am cleaning up the paint work, washes after. :biggrin.:

I was thinking the last drybrushed color went on too heavy.  The washes make all the difference. 

Ahhh, I'm sure that'll sort them right out, it's amazing sometimes how much a simple wash can change a model; my old Deathguard were mostly white basecoats with a selection of washes and it worked a treat.

I dunno, I kinda like them like that. They're detailed and gritty but subdued enough that they won't draw attention away from the models mounted on them.

I get where your going but I don't think we can get there from here. haha.

I use a black, dark brown and dark colored metal for washes and it tends to just darken the bases and look a little oily as well. (seems to me.) It doesn't detract from the models as far as I can tell. The washes are not applied heavily either, just a bit splashed on with a far wash brush let it set for a minuet then the next color set then the last, like a nasty puddle I guess. 

If I was going to wash these bases proppa, I'd just spray them with wash through my air brush or dunk them in my 1 gallon bucket. ...   Or something. 

Oh, I had a thought the other day about painting the edges of the bases with glyph patterns....  I think I have seen something like that somewhere before but can't recall where or when. 

Might give it a go.

Yep, they turned out. It was a little odd as these boys are wider and with their gear cover more ground. I usually like to concentrate the black just below the boys then let to other colors spread out away mire, to create an oily shadow kinda look. I think I started using more and more black wash but I think it helps the textures pop. 
Just have to snazzy this lot up and it all begins again.  At some point down the road I'll get into the rust colored pigment. I've had them for years now and never opened them. 

Update.

all done with the Burna Mob.

Being a lazy git I just have this one picture to share just now.

med_gallery_3442_13347_69659.jpg

I like this Mek/Spanner the most out of all of them. His buddy just behind him needs something still, not sure what, other than I need to dot his eye still. Something though. It'll come to me.

Update.

I posted more pictures to my blog this morning to save time. So I have for you another burna boys mob picture. 

0907181156b.jpg

And another Spanner.

0907181150b.jpg

I'm working on a few more bases and another spanner with kill saw to make 6 from these old school Burna Boys.  Leaving me 2 metal Burna boys left for later. I guess my 9th will be the plastic GW Mek. Maybe with a head swap. well see.  More pictures later.

Update.

Killsaw Spanner number 6.

med_gallery_3442_13347_31264.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_2445.jpg

These guys have turned out really nice! Always more to do but no ideas just now, which is fine.

Next up, 15 more 32 MM bases and some lootas. This has so far been really cool. Not only better bases but an easy way to clean up these models that I never really spent propper time on.

My usual Scrumgrod has informed me that he's nearly ready to get back into action, this time with a Space Marine army. something about 3 predator tanks, scout bikers and either raven guard or black templars. Easy meat if you ask me. lol.
I've been looking over Ebay for more storm boys. Maybe another 30 of them is in order?