WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

Here's the Ork fleet so far!

https://youtu.be/2YUiW6D_z6w

And here's the army I took to the tournament.

https://youtu.be/Kd8cvowrYvw

I have no idea why it's not showing the videos in the post, just the links. Not sure what I did wrong.

Edited by Warhead01

With the ...flop... that was all theses new very small vehicles, I've been looking for some larger meaner vehicles for the new year. This put me over at Da Greenone. There I am looking at a proxy killtank and some very heavily armoured trukks to use as gun wagons, possibly.  I'm still waiting on my codex and small order. I've lost a bit of interest in all the excited chatter about things in a book I am still waiting on so I will be late to the party once again. If it isn't in my POBOX this morning it will no doubt be at the game shop where I will have to fight the temptation of buying another copy on impulse....... because I am addicted to Orks. 
Another Ork player I met over the tournament shot me a picture of his limited edition codex, such a tease..., and said it's packed with even more fluff than the regular codex. Kinda which I had been able to see that when I was trying to decide what to do on preorder day!  

I've neeb thinking about starting a Space marines army to take out to the shop just to play against the two Ork players there, kinda like a campaign where all my Marines do it battle Orks.
Of course I'd still take my Ork to play against every one else. But I thought it might be fun. especially as I read how Marines struggle already against hordes and Orks in general. 
I've had no inspiration to continue working on my WAAAAAAGH, due to a noticeable lack of new models... So I am working on a small Harlequin project to eat the time. I hope to sell those to refill the warchest.  
I have my ETL plan for our WAAAAAAAGH just about figured out and I am not sure when to post it but it's simple so it should be easy for anyone interested next year. 

I think that about empties the brain for now.

Thanks for reading.

I was at the shop for a little while yesterday but not able to play. (Still waiting on my codex ect. ) There was some game store kid/dude off in the back ground giggling and talking about how amazing the new codex is. Unfortunately for me I couldn't tune him out.  Sounds like a bone breaker is 140 points now and that sounds good to me. He had no idea it's a 40 point drop from the old cost. He said something about being able to put 4 ranged weapons on a Deff dread now. Interesting if true, I might give that a try as a small project. 
I guess Big shootas came down in points as well, good! 
Hopefully my order comes in tomorrow... Hopefully.

He said something about being able to put 4 ranged weapons on a Deff dread now. Interesting if true, I might give that a try as a small project. 

Nice. I've always thought the idea of a Dakka Dread would be fun. One of the guns has got to hit, right? :D

I do still have at least one Deff Dread partly unassembled so it could be done. I'd be more interested in Dakka Kans though.

Finally.

gallery_3442_13347_115694.jpg

I'm very pleased with the new codex.
I think it will easily complement my usual preferred playstyle. I like a well balanced mix of everything in my lists and with the points drops on some the units I think it's going to be really good!

First thoughts on the Deff killa Wartrike model.

Yuck. 

The best bit in the kit is the second head for the driver. I honestly wish I had seen a way no to buy this one. I bought it for it's rules. If I had it to do over I would skip this one. 
The boss being driven around is about the size of a nob, not a proppa boss at all.  

My other complaint is the shootas. it's like who ever designed this model is pushing an Ork  trope though bad models. 

Oh well. I'll suffer though this one. Once it's painted I hope I decide to use it. other wise I will try to sell it and see what that does for me. 

I'll start clipping it out later this evening and see how far I get on assembly. With luck I'll even be able to put primer on it tonight. 

Update.

Good news! It's all assembled and ready for paint. I've left a few parts off so they can be painted and then glued into place.  I think this one is going to be a major distraction unit in my lists. It's new and shinny so it will attract a lot of attention.This runty boss needs to know his place in WAAAAAAGH GorGak! after all. I think one of these can be built an about 30 minuets with the right glue if someone really wanted to. Mine took a few hours because ..lazy. 

I'll update again when there are pictures.

Update.

Got up early to start putting primer on. I think this model is growing on me and I was thinking...what if it's a freeboota and not an Evil Sun. Stack that with a battle wagon full of flash gitz in deep strike? So they can keep up. 

Just a thought. 

My sleep pattern had been off for several days and I'd been feeling really off and some what mean I guess and I am sure some of that was reflected in some of my posts. But I feel better this morning so maybe I am over that. 

Update,

First wip DK-WT pictures.

med_gallery_3442_13347_123883.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_48405.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_80526.jpg med_gallery_3442_13347_190305.jpg

This one still needs more work but it's getting close to done enough. I have to work on that grot some more and a few other things. These bikers are very clean still as well.

Over all this kit went together very easily even leaving a few parts off to paint and attack later wasn't a problem at all. The drivers head is probably the best bit on this thing.
It's an easy build for sure. I left the driver, Claw nob, grot front skull plates and gunz off and should have also left off the rear tires as well. there is also dash board bit that fits in after the driver is in place.
I still have to base it as well.

Thank for looking.

I'll start the Squig Buggy next then I'll be working on other projects again for a bit.

Update.

Squig Buggy wip.

med_gallery_3442_13347_13273.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_64370.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_87585.jpg

Just a slow burn with this one. Not in a rush but now that I have gotten this far I don't think it will take too much longer until it's done.

I'm sticking with the rusted look this time, but more metallic than usual. Or maybe not. Can't say now that I am thinking about it.

Update.

More Squig Buggy wip.

med_gallery_3442_13347_198414.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_159371.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_86340.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_80506.jpg

So ya, I am not having much fun painting this model.
I didn't really enjoy the last one that much either.
I have 3 more on my list but won't be buying them any time soon. If I have decided anything it's that I don't want more than one of a kind of these new buggies right now. If I'm not enjoying something I can't see a reason to repeat.

Just a bit more to do when I get to it. I have some basing in mind that should look good. more road than scrap yard but with just a hint of scrap to tie these bases in with my others.

I'll be halting my Orks for a bit as well. I can't focus on anything in the codex yet and am in the process of starting a Space marine project.I hope after some time away that I can come back strong and very excited about my Orks again. (It's really odd, I don't even want to play any games with my army and new codex. I have no idea why but it just doesn't get me excited. :unsure.: )

Anyway, enjoy the pictures.

So what's the reason you don't enjoy painting the buggies? I've had a blast with the ones I've built and painted (the KBB, shokkjump & deffkilla). Well, other than the fact that 2 of them came in coloured plastic and I find that terrible to prime

I'm not sure. For what ever reason painting the squig buggy just felt like work and not play.  I had a lot of trouble with the tips on my brushes, which I had just cleaned. I had to do sub assembly, which just felt like every step forward was two steps back because I didn't do the same colors on extra parts at an earlier step in the process. But mostly the Krew just annoyed me to paint.There is so much going on with that buggy it feels cluttered to me. which is fine from an orky perspective. I am planning to finish the base and a few other bits that need more work but set it aside for a while and come back to it later and see if I feel like putting more time into it. 

So far my finished product, to me, looks below my usual standard of painting.  But I'm too annoyed with it to sort it out now. 

Also. 

6 days ago I was chopping some wood down to kindling for our wood burning stove and I hurt my leg.  The pain was unbelievable later that night and for the next few days.  I have been off my game for about a week now.  I'm very lucky it wasn't worse.  

Update.

The request for deffkilla wartrike "boss" next to war boss.
here's a bad picture of that.

med_gallery_3442_13347_94733.jpg

He's not really close in size at all. He's a Nob basically.

Oh, you may have noticed I fixed him.

gallery_3442_13347_64582.jpg

Thought the heas was a seperat part but had to use clippers to get it off. Used a little green stuff to rebuild his neck. I like that head, it's from the Mega Nobz kit.

Looks much better to me now! I'll be able to touch up the pain tomorrow after the Green stuff has dried.

I must say I'm really diggin how you paint your vehicles dude!

How do you rate the bits options for the different buggies? If I build two without adding pieces from my bits box, will I end up with two identical buggies (rukka as an example)?

Thank you.

I don't think I really understand your question.

I had zero left over bitz from the squig buggy and a single left over head from the Wartrike. That head is sculpted to only sit and face one way so It has very little extra uses. 

I don't understand what you mean by adding parts from your bitz box. both of these models are fairly one dimensional, there isn't a lot you can do with them outside of what they are meant to be, granted I made no attempt to do anything other than follow the instructions so maybe it's possible.  as far as assembly they both went together smoothly all the parts fit as intended with little to no trouble. 

I hope that helps. 

You didn't understand my question, yet you answered it! :biggrin.:

Sad that the kits are so set in how you can build them, with no alternative poses for crew, heads or different detailing. Makes it slightly less likely that I'll pick them up myself. Well... maybe one rukka.

Haha. I took a guess.

As far as the new vehicles, if you like one go for it. 

Glad i found your little Orky Plog :wub:

i'm embarking on my own Call from Gork...or was it Mork :unsure.: ...

your work here is good value so thanks for all you've posted :thumbsup:

your first bosses head was my Fav but the 2nd one is still right Propa!. I hear on the Grot vine that i'm getting one of those trikes from Santa Claws :cool.:  so looking fwd to that! 

the buggy looks great... were you going to get the Scrapjet?... mine went together quite well but i learn't that i shouldn't have put the rockets on till after painting it !!

i think that the only way to customize the vehicles would primarily paint jobs then secondly to start to cut off fenders or roll cages or add parts to them etc otherwise as you said they're going to look all the same...

thanks for sharing your Ork'y creations and i look fwd to seeing more!

Cheers, Mithril

• 3 months later...

Not back at it yet just trying to decide if I will be participating in the ETL this year as Orks or in the AoD with a few entries or at all. 
I am looking for inspiration still and still not sold on many of the new vehicles. What to do? 
If you have any recommendation I would be happy to read them and see if it gets me excited again.