WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

Bash a few of the buggies up into something cool?

I'm planning on saving a lot of vehicles for this summer. I'm also not too terribly motivated by the new buggies, because their rules aren't great and I don't wanna invest the money into something I'll barely play, but I got flyers and dread and trucks and lootas vehicles I'll be painting.

I put some kits on my watch list but I still haven't decided about any of them. 
This funk is still ongoing and the only thing I am working on now are the mini's from the WQ Silver Tower game.  Which I have been putting off of a long time. 

Seems I have really lost interest in 40K. 
I have a painting commission coming up next month with a little luck it will get me excited about one of my armies again, fingers crossed. 

• 1 month later...

Looks like I will have my fist game since October of last year this Saturday. I wasn't sure I would be taking the Orks out but looks like I will. No army list planned at all. Just a pile of units for an introductory game for a few friends. This will be a refresher for me as well.  I do plan to take all kinds of Orky goodness and see what happens with out constructing a bad time for my friends. So we'll see how that goes. 
With a little luck we'll get a bit of a battle report out of it.
On an Ork related note... I am looking at 2 more new models to add to WAAAAAGH! GorGak!!! 
The Killer Ratrod and the ? Skrap Jet ? I continue to look at the new vehicles only a few stick out as cool enough for my WAAAAGH! . 
Haven't put an order in yet Pay day is just around the corner but they are competing with a delicious bottle of bourbon. 
I am off to house sit for a few weeks and plan to attempt to film some painting If I get a new vehicle I'll have a how I do it tutorial to share. 

I will also have a small update of my First Legion thread in the AoD. 
Had thought I would be taking a painting commission or two but that seems to have fallen through as one I had locked in had a change  of plans, not a problem as he wasn't sure he wanted to keep that army anyway so it's best he makes other plans. My second commission, I haven't spoken to that guy in months and am worried that if I do now it will be too short a notice for him and don't want to pressure him or be rude but if I see him on Friday then maybe but I'd like to at least talk to him in person about it if we talk about it at all. 
Other than that I have 20 more models to finish up for my Warhammer Quest collection, which has been a work in progress for a few months now and getting all that done will be quite the achievement. it's always nice to finish a project and I did neglect both of those boxed games for what feels like two years. 

Good news!

I did manage to both run a game and play one as well!

Didn't take the boys out but that was for the best

Both players there had hardly any games under their belts...

The boys wouldn't have been a good time for either of them. So I took my diy chapter out for a spin. And it was really Cool.

• 1 month later...

I just got out my codex again. 
I'm looking for a bargain on Ebay for a Kustom Busta Blasta to vow this year as I said I would. A week ago I missed 2 of them for the lowest price I have ever seen, $20.90 usd. 
If only. lol

I also follow the tactics thread over on Dakka and just dropped this in after some strange talk about Ghaz.
Hope to melt a few brains with this but expect it to be more or less ignored or shot down by the krew over there. (I'm not a big fan of that forum.) 
Just thought it might be fun to share this here as well. Haven't noticed anything about Ghaz, as a topic, over here. Unless we did that already and I just don't remember.
The chatter in this thread about Ghaz got me to look at him. 
If I am correct this guy can put out 9 attacks with his kustom Klaw before exploding 6's hitting on a 2+ with the possibility of doing that 2 more time,(27 attacks before exploding 6's.) still excluding the exploding 6's. I'd hate to do this because it means he's slain at the end but what a glorious ending. 
I recall the Goffs warlord trait was faq'd to be "better" but can't recall what was added. 
At any rate to me it just looks like a matter of picking the right target and getting Ghaz in contact. With of course having the CP's to spend on stratagems and the Weird boys available to pump him up. 
I'm not saying this is the best thing to do but it is a thing I might like to try at some point. Even though it shouldn't be relied on... 
So what best to throw him at then is the question? 
Heck he could very well wipe out 3 different units under the right conditions. 
But could you imagine if it worked? 

I'm happy to see you've got some orky juices (ew) flowing.

Re: Ghaz

To fight 3 times, I assume you mean using both Orks is Never Beaten and Get Stuck In, Ladz!. I do think this is possible, but it's not very likely. You'd have to survive to the end of the fight phase, so you can activate Get Stuck In, Ladz!, then die afterwords (probably to an opponent's fight-again stratagem), which would let you use the other stratagem. A very specific set of circumstances, but possible. If he dies before the end of the phase, though, you'll lose out on one activation.

And lets say they don't kill him. Oh no, Ghaz gets another turn to fight, with his buffs persisting. Oh, the orkmanity.

Buffing up Ghaz is great. Up to 10 attacks (5 base + 1 for Ghaz + 1 for Goff Warlord trait + 1 for Warpath + 2 for Fist of Gork), at Strength 16, AP -4 (the thing they added to the Goff warlord trait) and flat 3 damage is monstrous, considering it always hits on 2s and has the Goff trait. He lacks the rerolls to hit and wound a Brutal, but Kunning Warboss with Da Killa Klaw has, but it's more attacks, and he is certainly much more survivable.

I tend to use, over the years, a Power Klaw boss to kill tough things like a Land Raider or the like. Once upon a time they were the toughest thing to crack. So my mind set is still to throw my heavy hitter into the toughest target and hopefully that's only a single model or two of the same, things my Boys would be bogged down trying to kill. 
I'll take 2 rounds of combat if I have to, that's a lot of attacks with loads of damage.  Should Ghaz wipe those it will probably be a big set back for the other army and should Ghaz die but still pull it off that's still a good trade for the points I would expect. 

Just ordered the Ratrod should be here in a week or less then I'll post my vow. 
I've been doing a lot of stuff around the property and not really painting a lot recently so one model is very manageable and we'll see if there isn't another one or two before the ETL comes to an end.

Tracking says the Kustom Boosta Blasta will be here between the 7th and the 15th of this month. With luck the 7th. 

I downloaded several faq's the other morning. I hadn't kept up with them. 
I know there will be a few games coming up, my Usual Skrumgrod is asking for a game as our last game was last October where the Orks did him dirty. Without a codex. lol
So most likely He is looking for some kind of payback but we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. 

Update.
gallery_3442_13347_89299.jpg

This is progress from a day or two ago. I am further along now but misses pictures from the seeps between this and where I am now.
After this step I applied the leadbelcher in the same way as the rust orange today added the deep red. I just gave this a heavy black paint wash, the wash is paint thinned down for a wash. Lots of ideas still to try.

Update.

Almost done, I have had no motivation to paint this thing but it is nearly done. I will not be basing this model as I have no interest in that currently. 
What's left? Mostly just the gunner and the big gun. And I have 3 or 4 small bitz that I have no idea where they go that need a little paint. After that, jobs a goodin'. 

GW's movement trays for 25mm bases look like 18 trays for the price. I may get that box if I can find it at a discount online. No idea if I will use all 18 of them but it seems like a fair value in the box to me. 

• 6 months later...

Checking in. 

Update on me and warhammer. 
I'm still not playing but I think taking nearly a year away has dome me a lot of good. Not sure when I'll be ready to play again but I am thinking about it an viewing the forums more and more.  Over the last year(almost a year) I have had 3 40K dreams. Mostly about me playing or telling some one why I didn't want to play any more. I think I was dreaming about 3rd or 4th edition games from years ago. Dreams are funny that way, hard to tell, difficult to remember. My "Usual Skrumgrod" called yesterday, I haven't spoken to him in at least 6 months. Seems he's putting aside 40K now to get his life in order, the man spends about 4 thousand dollars a year on 40K. He's just an addict to the meta. I think he's finally realized it too. But he mentioned being unhappy with what he's read about the direction, rules, fulff, I don't know, that's going on with the SoB army. He had hoped to get into that this year. 
I had been thinking about trying to get him to just play an older edition which is something I am interested in doing. He is super competitive but sounded like he's become disgusted with the way people play 8th. Which is a little funny but I think that's more related to other things he has going on in his life more than 40K itself. 
We'll see. 
For my self because this is suppose to be about me after all... I just started searching for the points changes from the last update to see about putting a proppa 1500 together for a possible day trip out for a game, if I can find one during the week. I can't give up too much of my Saturday, wont risk missing the D&D game. 
But if some one wanted to play a 3, 3.5 or 4th edition game I'd love to do that again. I didn't really like 4th but would suffer through and maybe enjoy it if the opportunity was there. 
As far as hobby stuff goes my only "plans" are for new terrain and a more proppa game table and maybe to glue some models back together...Kittens.. 
If I manage any games at all I plan to take pictures and maybe report on those games. I got a new phone with a more powerful potato, er...camera. 
Not because I wanted one but because my old phone would no longer be network supported for reasons beyond my control. So I picked the one with the best camera because I use that the most.  
Lastly I am launching a new blog to follow my D&D adventures and to host the pictures I have been drawing. I started to draw again last September after 10 or more years of not drawing at all.  I've been blogging the game sessions, kinda like battle reports. And ever now and then draw a picture related to something from the sessions.  

Hope you Bosses are doing well, winning games and kicking weedy grots. 
With a little luck I'll be kicking some as well. 

Oh, I just remembered. 
So I think I posted some videos in this thread. Those are gone. Due to the youtube/COPPA/FTC rules changes I marked all the videos on my channel to private. 
I think I can share a private video link and will see about re-adding them that way. The COPPA stuff and how youtube is handling, er avoiding handling it, is too much of a headache.  There was a lot of wrong information about all of that out there as soon as it happened and no reasonable fix. My content isn't aimed at any specific age group and I don't see the need to be punished for either a bad algorithm or a FTC component that doesn't understand the content. I can't mark my content as for Kids, booze and language from time to time and I don't think it's correct to mark my content as aimed at 18 or above either.  
I have considered moving my material, all of the 40K stuff but specifically anything related to painting to another video hosting site.  I'll update when it's sorted out. 

Edited by Warhead01

• 1 month later...

Update.
I'm trying to get the ball rolling, trying to arrange a game for some time this or next month if the stars line up.

I solved the mystery of how many storm Boys do I have.. the answer is 60. And that's probably mentioned somewhere in this thread pages ago. 
I may try to add another 30 this year. I've rounded up the MANZ and may stick them in a list, at least a hand full with Kombi Rokkits. 
I found a pile of Shoota boys I need to have a closer look at, they may need a repaint and definitely need some Zazz for their bases. 

I'm going to count up my war bikers as well and rebase a bunch of those, 2 full mobs at least and discard the remainder on ebay I think.
I have two more flyers that need to be finished as well. My workshop is a wreck, we stuck a monster chest freezer in there last fall. I need to figure out a list and get it ready to travel. 
If the boss can beat enough grots maybe we'll get the engines going again and get back to da WAAAAGH! 

Starting to wishlist for my next list. Right now I am thinking 

one detachment of Badmoons.
SAG Mek, 10 grots X2 and 15 lootas. May make my Kombi-rokit MANZ bad moons as well. 
I can't recall what's the HQ minimum in a battalion?  If it's 2 I may just push it as a patrol detachment. and drop 10 grots. 
Seemed like the optimal clan for the lootas. I want to paint as little yellow as possible.
Early days still. 

Yeah, battalions are 2hq, 3 troops.

Bad Moonz is the ideal clan for Lootas. Deathskulls, sadly, don't synergize as well, and the Bad Moonz stratagem is the "fire twice", which of course Lootas love (note that an FAQ changed the Deffgun so you don't get to keep the number of shots through the phase; you roll it each time).

I have a number of ard' boys I did a few years ago I am thinking i want to make them Deff Skulls. I'm having second thoughts on the Bad moons. really only wanted them for the reroll 1's at most they will be a patrol detachment, minimal paint. I'm trying to keep track of how many HQ's are in the list and I don't really want a lot of them. Hadn't remembered it was 2 HQ and 3 troop. I'll think on that further. I'm excited about the Goffs, Freebootas and Deff Skulls the most. Lucky Blue or Exploding 6's, tough call. 

• 2 weeks later...

My brain is on fire again. I just learned Gear Guttz has an online mek Shop with some super savage battle wagons....that are "on sale" And I am very tempted to buy one or two. 
This would free up my plastic Battle wagon for a basking. I really want a wagon with a forward mounted kill kannon. The plastic kit has just reminds me of a mini-van or an RV, more than a proppa fighting vehicle. Geargutz's Wagon kits follow the same design but look like they are fully tracked vehicles and his "grinder plows" are super cool. I wish GW's wagon was fully tracked.  
https://geargutsmekshop.com/collections/ork-vehicles/products/dakka-wagon
Looking at my unfinished stuff I have 1 Dakka Jet and several Metal Nobs still painted in the "old style" I was doing in 04',05'. Haven't pulled the trigger on my Ebay basket yet but am planning to buy bases for my warbiker to spiff them up and I may like to base my Mek guns now that the runts are part of the model. If I do that will will base all my Kannons as well in the same way, Maybe pin them so when they die I can pull them or just leave them as ablative woulds. Doesn't really matter I will look that up in the index. I'm sure there's more, lots of basing thaw hasn't cought up with all the stuff I did the other year. I think I also have to finish my Wazz Bommba as well. We'll see. 

I was having a laugh that the news is sounding like "Uncle Sugar" want's me to buy a new army. It's all just a joke at this point but ....   Ya, never know. 

I am slowly working out what else in stashed away in need of fixin and paint. I am going to contact an ole Army buddy to see if he has any pictures left over from the terrain he made back in 98'-00' His stuff was killer. He had a thing worked out with a local shop where after hours they would stay in the shop making terrain, which we could use but it was also for sale on Ebay.  Sadly that shop went under years and years ago but their tales were jam packed with cool terrain unlike their shelves which were hardly ever stocked, as I remember it.
Years later having known that shop owner, al be it briefly, would get me out of a small jam with Animal Control... But that is a story for another time.  

I did warn you at the top, so you have no one to blame but yourself. lol