Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Orks Battle Report 8th Squanch

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,827 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

I decided not to buy the new Boxed set as I only wanted Ghaz and his little buddy and nothing else in the box made it worth the trouble. 
I'm starting a whole other project now which may take all year to be ready to see on the table. I'll be posting all of that on the AM subforum. 

As far as my Ork backlog I have no immediate plans but I do need to start painting again, so we'll see. I just need to find the time and clean up a work space and pick a model. 

• toaae and XIXWYRMEXIX like this

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

XIXWYRMEXIX

XIXWYRMEXIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts

I decided not to buy the boxed set either. I will pick up ghazzy and makari when they are released solo. I wouldn't mind more MANZ, but I have almost 40 nobz already, I just do not need more dudes right now. I have a ton. I need grotz now and a couple more deff dreadz. I also do not need any numarines. Also like you I need to start/finish painting boyz.

• Warhead01 likes this

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,827 posts

I've spent a lot of time looking at Nu-Ghaz and am very unhappy with him. From the picture in the other thread with Ghaz and Ghaz next o each other it looks like He's grown to about 2 time as large as old Ghaz. So that's the size I will be working with on my diy
I will be transplanting Ghaz's head over from the old model as I think it's actually larger than the new plastic one. Mostly I want him to look the same but larger but more like the art work from the old codex Armageddon, where's he's just huge and a little more lanky. 
I have a little XP already having scratch built a monster power klaw about 2 years ago so I may start with a Klaw and figure the rest out as I go. Also I want him stepping up over something, in forward motion. 
I will say the thing I like the most about Nu-Ghaz is his gunz. Really cool. I may have some parts I can use to construct something similar but not at all identical. 
I'll be trying to draw this out a few times, each part I need to build so I have a template to work from. 
Who knows. Anything could happen and I have all month. 

• XIXWYRMEXIX likes this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

XIXWYRMEXIX

XIXWYRMEXIX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts

I've spent a lot of time looking at Nu-Ghaz and am very unhappy with him. From the picture in the other thread with Ghaz and Ghaz next o each other it looks like He's grown to about 2 time as large as old Ghaz. So that's the size I will be working with on my diy
I will be transplanting Ghaz's head over from the old model as I think it's actually larger than the new plastic one. Mostly I want him to look the same but larger but more like the art work from the old codex Armageddon, where's he's just huge and a little more lanky. 
I have a little XP already having scratch built a monster power klaw about 2 years ago so I may start with a Klaw and figure the rest out as I go. Also I want him stepping up over something, in forward motion. 
I will say the thing I like the most about Nu-Ghaz is his gunz. Really cool. I may have some parts I can use to construct something similar but not at all identical. 
I'll be trying to draw this out a few times, each part I need to build so I have a template to work from. 
Who knows. Anything could happen and I have all month. 

Personally I love the new model, but I will be looking forward to seeing your scratch built ghaz. I love scratch built models. Cant wait to see what you come up with.

• Warhead01 likes this

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,827 posts

WAAAGH Gor Gak! 9th edition stuff. 

Early notes.

Started kicking points around and Orks feel a little unplayable in 9th. Boys cost 9 PPM and grots 5 PPM now.
Lootas look reasonable at 20 PPM because of their gun being damage 2.
Mega Nobs might work at roughly 35 PPM. With Klaws and their 3 wounds and 2+ save.
Killa Kans don't look bad at 55 PPM for either a Rokkit or a Grotzooka, but I may have missed any other costs they have, Klaws or what ever.
Mek Gunz look reasonable 40 point smasha Gun, 50 point Bubble chukka I think it's hit or miss on the Kustom Mega Kannons. if they still kill them selves then 65 points seems like a lot.
The Blitz Bombas look reasonable, being able to roll up to 12 dice dropping mortal wounds and only needing a 4+
Trukks come in at 60 points starting that's a nice drop in points.
Deff Koptas look really bad with 25 point addition for rokkits. I just don't see it yet.
Storm Boys look good at only 12 points a model, for choppas and movement but they don't have all the extra attacks of a full sized foot mob.
Flash gits look good bt cost too much at 32 PPM.
Glad to see the KFF Big Mek is back!
Still looking through the codex and points. I do think the stompa is still DOA. It's never been very good on the table.

Long story short I think Boys in trukk with shootas is the way to go in games under 2000 points. Or just skip boys completely for everything else.

Early days.
But that's what it looks like so far. Boys look like an all or nothing, like 3rd edition foot lists of old but faster? 
I can't see loading up on any thing, any unit other than boys seem to just need to be sprinkled in. I do think trukk boys could play very well using shootas and staying on the move. 
I'm working on an army list for 1500 and 2000 points and sticking it on my blog to save clutter. Scratch that a trukk list and a foot list, irk.. 4 lists... 

• mithrilforge and toaae like this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,235 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

wacko.png ...woah I read through your whole blog again... like a trip back in time laugh.png .

Glad you've sorta come back to it... at least you have enough boys and trukks to make your list!!

Cheers, Mithril

• Warhead01 likes this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,827 posts

That's was unexpected! Thank you. biggrin.png 
It's still slow going I've been trying to figure out what I need to read to adjust for games of 9th. I need to look at the faq's again still. I've played 1 game of 9th with my Blood Angels and had to try to keep track of which phases and which stratagems went together. I do have another learning game set up for either this coming week or the next. Hope to get a few pictures and take a few notes. 

Hope to have an update of some kind in the next few weeks.

• mithrilforge likes this

Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orks, Battle Report, 8th, Squanch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users