WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

Update.

I've rounded up a bunch of mek gun grots I at some point last year started. I'm not 100% sure what I've got .Just a brown paper bag full of gunners and what have you. I haven't looked yet.

I have to round up a lot of 25 MM bases for all the krews I've started to prep. Might need 20 or more...Grots add up quick. 
Just putting some MANZ back together, power Klaws and Kombi-Scorchas.  
I've been thinking about how best to use power Klaws. I think there's not a lot of point to it unless you can roll a lot of them together. Right now I have enough parts for 6 as I have already described.  I still have 20 metal ones with Rokkits and a few more plastics with Kill Saws. 

I brought in another Big Mek for a rebuild. I built him over a year or more ago. But with the weapons changes I have to put more work into him. 

This morning I've found my 6th Mega Nob. He's been rearmed. Just putting primer on the new weapons now. This'll give me 6 like the above. I was looking through my other metal MANZ. almost all of them have Kimbi Rockits. Not sure how that ever happened.

Going to put a list together for tomorrow. My copy Xenos 2 finally arrived at the shop. Can't wait! I think I'll try out the MANZ Missiles. 

Thank Bosses!

I dig it.

Look forward to more.

I have a few omnicidal space funguys around here myself...

You know they say there's no cure for that.. 20 years now and I haven't seen one anyway. lol.

Update.

My back hurts too much today to drive to the game shop, so no games for me today. However, I did test roll a few smasha guns. And now I'm refitting several of my Mek guns. I'll be building 5 Samasha guns today. Not too much work really. With a little luck I'll work on a few Krew models as well. 
Here's the thing. I'm sure my dice lured me in with the intent to betray me at some critical moment. But I'm going through with it to see what will happen.

Test rolls were solid. VS T7. My first several being ST 9 or better. Never happens on the table...until it does. 

I've already taken my traktor Kannons apart. I just am not sold on those. a Standard Kannon cost less points and does D6 damage. If I manage to destroy a flyer I don't care if it explodes or not. Killing it is enough for me. The smasha guns have AP -4. That makes any ?smash? really good for me.(For lack of a more proppa word.)

I think it's also a D6 damage weapon. 
So I'll be having 5 of them. ( Read that in Pirate.)

I'm also planning to order the new card set...I've forgotten what it's called just now...   Sounds really fun.

My poor Mek Gunz are screaming in terror whilst i've been reading this thread, do you really plan on tearing off the other guns to replace them with the Smasha's or whatever else? 

Non-Ork players can barely tell the difference between a Big Shoota and a Rokkit ( :P ) I really wouldn't go to the trouble of having the ''official gun'' on the model.

I just use mine as whatever gun I'm feeling like, as long as they're all the same-ish and you let your opponent know what they are, no biggy.

My poor Mek Gunz are screaming in terror whilst i've been reading this thread, do you really plan on tearing off the other guns to replace them with the Smasha's or whatever else? 

Non-Ork players can barely tell the difference between a Big Shoota and a Rokkit ( :tongue.: ) I really wouldn't go to the trouble of having the ''official gun'' on the model.

I just use mine as whatever gun I'm feeling like, as long as they're all the same-ish and you let your opponent know what they are, no biggy.

HAha!

I know what you mean.  I'm a WYSIWYG kinda guy. So I've chopped off the KMK's.  I still have 3 KMK's unchopped.  Which I'll be keeping as is. 

I had to do it though. I would forget what kinda guns I brought. It's almost as bad as when I don't see unpainted models on the table. My brain just doesn't remember they're a thing I need to pay some attention to.

I would suggest magnetizing, but I'm not yet sure how well that works out for various orks...

But i'm trying it out.

You could Magnetize the parts if you have the skills. I don't I've glued everything together.  A lot of my mini's re used so there's only so much I can do with them beyond repainting. 

Update

Smasha Gunz

gallery_3442_13347_20637.jpg

I'm having a little trouble painting these. So far I've painted the battery boxes and a few cables. I think I added a few more colors to the cables after this picture.

I've put a heavy black wash on one of the guns but had an issue, the wash is a thinned down black paint and it's too dark. this happens some times when not using an actual wash.

I'm going to put some read back on and add a little brighter read as well. then wash lightly with brown, should look reasonable. and constant with how I've painted nearly everything else. I'll add some "war paint before the wash and maybe just a touch more rust color. Progress is slow because I find these boring to paint. No big deal I'll get them done.

Update.

It's been slow work but the Gunner are coming along. 30 so far. Just rebase coated and 2 color skin right now. I have 7 more on the table for paint and parts for lots more to assemble. I'll need 60 in all so I'm half way there. Kinda. They're very bright green but when they're all to the same level of there, they will get a dark green wash to tone them down a little ... Or not. I'll just way they're Radio Active from working around Mek Gunz.  

A much better picture of the Beach Ball of Doom.
gallery_3442_13347_800.jpg

I added it to the base but it's clear it needs more room. Which I guess I'll take care of when I rebase the whole army later this year.
gallery_3442_13347_164027.jpg

Not trying to beat a dead horse or anything the other pictures were not even close to this good. The colors and shades came out so much closer to correct this time.
Except for the wart on it's tongue...which for some reason looks like the rest of the tongue in these pictures it's more of a pink/purple color and will be getting a dot of a more brighter pink..... So I fixed it with better pictures again. haha.
Thanks for looking!

Edited by Warhead01

Thanks Boss! I used my Phone for the first few pictures but they were not so good. My Old Digi cam is better.  But being for videos it's not so good for pictures. 
It's more true to the model. 

Update.

I'm working on the base coats for the Gun Crews. 30 models. So many small mini's to paint! yikes!... they're so small!

I got to play yesterday!

It was madness, a 4 way free for all.
3 "sons of Dorn" armies and my Orks.  power level 85. 
We played for kill points and a center objective. (worth probably another 3 points.) 

Smasha gunz are amazing! Bubble chukkas are goofy and a little silly but entertaining.(For those that like mini games in their games.)

The Gorkanaut can take a beating. My Big Mek with KFF protected so much and at the end his bubble seemed impenetrable which was really amazing.
I killed a bunch of Terminators with boys, Killed a Biker Captain in close combat destroyed Rhinos and Razorbacks and killed a Land rider with Mega nobs! And used a Grot mob to lock 3 enemy units in combat so my Warboss could walk in with out any overwatch. My Weird boy sent 30 boys nearly 6 feet away from where they stanter, ported him self over to them and then ported him self to the center objective at the end! It was wild, stealing each others kills for points and having good fights. 

Final score Orks with 8

Fists and Black templars with 7 each and Fists with 5 Sadly my Weird boy ws killed on the last turn to close the gap for player 3, Imperial fists) Or the Orks would have had a bit larger score. 
One of the best rules so far, Characters can't be targeted if there is a closer visible enemy unit.   Which save the weird boy twice stumping player 3.  Such a laugh. 

They took pictures so when they post them to our group I'll stick a few of them in this thread.

Thanks for reading! 

It was such good fun!
I was also lucky we stopped when we did...My army would have been tabled in another turn. haha.  
This brought back some memories too. Year and years ago we all used to play at a fantastic shop called Sanctuary Games and Books. One of the owners used to make terrain and decided to make a terrain table. He held a drawing for who got the first game on it.  One kid wins and decides we should have a 4 player game. I think I had Space wolves that year. Not really important. the games starting and maybe the second turn is going I've gone once or twice something like that The Owner who made the table walks in and says Why is every one attacking Steve? (Me.)  The three of them look op and say ,at the same time, Steve's attacking everyone!  Such a fantastic thing. Too much fun. I have no idea who own, don't even care to try to remember lol.  Saturday was one of those days. I was attacking everyone! 

Ahaha! Is there any other way to play a multiplayer game?! :lol:

Last multiplayer game I was in was a huge apocalypse game on a vast lava field with bridges connecting all of the islands together. My Dark Angels led the charge over one of the bridges to take out the traitor artillery on the other side, when they encountered a heretical baneblade. Fearing nothing, Ezekiel threw a Vortex grenade hoping to send the abominable machine back into the warp...

...he missed...

...it bounced back into the lines of his men and promptly sent a squad of battle brothers into the void.

Overcome with grief and rage, he did not notice the slaaneshi daemon prince moving on a bridge parallel to his until it was to late. The vile creature then used lash of submission to send Ezekiel straight into the magma!

One of the funniest moments in my game career! :D

Hahaha. Good Stuff! 

Update. 
I've been working on a few small project this week and getting them accomplished. 
I've painted a few more attack squigs for my other  Bosses and some KMB's for my Kans. to day I started to put those on the Kans. 
You may be wondering why KMB's. Well the answer is points. they're dirt cheap at 9 points. I already have kans with other weapons and these are my old metal kans. I've been touching up their paint too. 

I'm really torn now on the Smasha guns I really Really like them. I have 2 KMK's left in my Mek gun collection..... I have to reread their stats. But right now I'm thinking about changing them over to Smasha guns.  If I have the bitz to do that still.  Not in a rush. 

After these Kans are sorted out I really need to work on my Grots. 
I've reopened my 30K thread and have been reading up on 30K again. working on small project will let me get more finished here and there. (Orks and Legion Marines.) 
I'm thinking I need to get some pilots painted for my aircraft. I'm sorting out what Ork models I want to keep and what I am willing to part with to raise some funds for the oll' warchest. 
When you have over 20,000 points it's easy enough to part with a little, I'll hardly notice. 

Any way Keep fighting the good fight!

WAAAAAGH!

A few pictures from Last Saturdays game.

gallery_3442_13347_30924.jpg

At this point we were just starting. Orks would steal first furn with a lucky roll.

gallery_3442_13347_65429.jpg

Hektors Imperial Fists try to build a yellow wall of bodies and transports to hold the nasty orks at arms length.
Much damage is inflicted upon the Gorkanaut. It is very durable.

gallery_3442_13347_13587.jpg

GorGak has had enough of that rhino, Holding up his grots' glorious advance into the Imperial gunline. He'll suffer this no more.

gallery_3442_13347_29163.jpg

A turn later he's ready for his final solution. He drops his attack Squig down the hatch. Job's a goodin'.

gallery_3442_13347_4323.jpg

The game is over. The Orks have taken the center and wrecked Imperial face.

If the game went one more turn the Orks would be tabled.
And Hektor might have stolen the day. His Bikers were ready to roll up on the objective. but he would have to survive two other players trying to clean him and whatever I had left off the objective and the table.

We had a blast! Good game, Good Friends!

I am behind schedule for posting pictures on my blog I only added a few to the post for last month I still need to get pictures of the Killa Kan'ts and my touched up Deff Dread. 
However,

361_3908.JPG

Here's a Warboss with an Unsafe Watermelon... 

And.
361_3904.JPG
A Nasty bitter snozzberry. 

Last month was just a few small projects ad fun mini's, like the attack Squigs. 

I think I need to bring out my Gretchen mobs for some paint. Something easy to do while I continue to sort out my 30K miniatures. 
WLK has been helping me get that project moving. 
More pictures when I get them. 
Thanks for reading!