WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

ETL Update. Finally something to look at!

med_gallery_3442_13347_206414.jpg

I know what your thinking. Where's those trukks?
Well, the pictures sucked so no trukks yet.
Da Kappin on the other hand is looking ready for some face time with, lucky, lucky you! haha.

I hope you like him. I'm still working on his back banner, it's having issues. Not worried though it'll all be fine. After I figure out where I went wrong with that color selection.

Thank you both.

Just set up a base for Da Kappin this morning.  Really close to done now.  Funny enough even my "finished" have room for more if I think of something that I really want to do. 
Yesterday was my birthday so I took the whole day off from my usual routine to paint. But it's back to it today.  

I'll have another update soon!

Your Warboss is great too. Definitley looks like the biggest and meanest Ork around.

Great stuff.

Thank you. 

Good oll' GorGak. I bought him when about (was it?) 20 years ago. Metal 3rd edition warboss. He's come a very long way! 

And then everything work related kinda, don't know what happened but I got some of it done.. I guess.

ETL Update.   < < <  link to the next blog post. following this ETL. 

Da Kappin. I'm calling him done now. 

Picture%2B59.jpg

Maybe there will be more work on him at another time but not for some time I think.

This follows my M.O. of kicking the can down the road but went a lot further than I usually bother too.

It's for the Etl after all. lol.

I'll be clipping out the Flash gitz next.

ETL update-ish.

I was out of the house yesterday up north at JKC's place. I gave him an introduction to airbrush class, kinda. While up there I spent time clipping out parts for the flash gits and trying to clean mold lines. I still have parts to clip and clean so we'll see how much I get done today. He managed to get the hang of the airbrush fairly easily and we encountered and solved problems while he was working, a good and easy learning experience for him as a total noob. I think he managed to base coat his fleet of tanks with 2 small pots of GW paint in about an hour, maybe a little more.  I found it a bit embarrassing as I hadn't used my air brush more than one time in the last 6 months to a year, who can say...  But it's like riding a war bike, it comes back quickly. 

We have several rainy days in the forecast so I'll be indoors and able to paint several days this coming week.   I expect a lot of progress on the Flash Gitz and pictures by next Sunday or Monday and should have my Vow complete. 

More mayhem to come!

ETL update.

Lots of progress today! All the kustom dakka for the Flash Gitz are assembled so I'll be putting primer on this evening and able to put in sometime tomorrow. 

I found a bag of shoota boys I had set aside I plan to pain but I have not decided to vow those yet. I'm going to take a brake after I finish this first Vow. 

Flash gitz are looking great. The rusty metal is really good on all your stuff. Lucky blue too.

Thank you!

I like the blue as well. I don't use a lot of it in my army so this has been cool. 

Vow finished as of today picture update ect in the morning. 

Thank you both!

I actually feel I am a week behind... But that's more due to my usual rate of speed vs the last few weeks. lol. I paint every day just not all day. we had a few rainy days so I was able to put in more time but my real problem is that those Flash Gits are just so many parts! 

The green work really well on the guns too. Good colour choices.

One trick I picked up a few years ago was to have my colors for the pallet but a second set of colors for little details to help the model pop a bit more. I keep 4 or more colors aside just for that and then usually the brighter colors are used in more recessed areas where it's naturally shaded. I also like to paint panels on models when they have them, just a little to have them stick out a bit. Small things really. My stepson says my mini's look like the come out of a comic book. haha 

So I have been thinking about adding Mega Nobz (MANZ)  to my next list in place of my Nobs from my last list.

I'm not an enormous fan of Killsaws but I think if there are several in the unit they will be very worth taking.

Haven't run points yet but I see I have  3 tooled up that way on my shelf. 
The three of them would hake 12 attacks and I would be open to buffing them with Warpath and maybe the WAAAGH Banner Nob.

Mostly I see them fighting vehicles. This frees up my other units near them to surround targets or make other charges. 

I may see about that. Have to run the points. I rolled out the MANZ with power Klaws earlier ....I roll a lot of 1's. 

It's a thought anyway. 

Still have to call my Usual Scrumgrod about our next game but might have a more casual game next week or early the week after. 

Looks like I have a little reading and maths ahead of me. lol. 

Yeah, as of now, Meganobz appear to be vehicle killers to me. Even a squad of three isn't cheap, but not probhibitly expensive. I'm curious to see how a small kill team performs.

Edited by toaae

My Usual Scrumgrod called me yesterday, which was good timing as I had a long stretch of driving ahead of me, He mentioned 14 Hell housed in a competitive list then back tracked to 9 and a bunch of double heavy flamer transports. Joy of joys. 

He's really pushing my creativity. I know I need to destroy his vehicles. I know He plans to drive them right up at my army and cook my boys to death. I know I need to surround his modes/units so he can nether shoot or fall back on his turn. I know I need to be destroying his vehicles on his turn.  

A plan is forming. I need some storm boys in my list that can pas over his units and charge his forward most models from the rear after my front line models have already made it in.

The trap is sprung he is helpless and has, hopefully become tied up for a full game turn not earning kill points. 
That leaves me with attempting to out range him to pick off units and attempt to take and hold objectives. 

Beyond the auto hit  weapons I am expecting some form of indirect artillery. It would be foolish not to also have a bit of that to eat away at my back field. 

The wheels on the battlewagon go round and round...  And yet I am also thinking Deff Dreads and or Gorkanauts. These should slay tanks and draw fire I just have to keep them healthy and moving.  

Edit. 

I just had a look at both the Stompa and Gorkanaut. 
I'm a bit let down by the number of attacks the stompa has but I am looking forward to sticking it in a list at some point this year.

The Gorkanaut however, is amazing. 6 attacks each and D6 damage. Oh yes there will be krumppin. I happen to have 3 of them. I think that answers my auto hit weapons problem right in the mush. haha! Madness. 

I am also tempted to buy the reset of the stomboy I have been thinking about. this year. I think I need just under 35 more. 
I really need to sell some stuff to earn me some teff.

Edited by Warhead01

Well alright. haha. 

a few years ago I was commissioned to paint an Ork army and had to make the units interesting. I wasn't really given any instructions at the time either. I was asked to match the skin color and the came out well. One trick was a pallet of about 8 colors for shirts and pants so no model was exactly the same all the time this created conformity but not complete uniformity. they came out wonderful.

Anyone interested can see what I did that time here.

I think I have come up wit a cunning plan. Gorkanauts. Should ruin the flamer happy fun time and give him something new to worry about. haha. 

Update. 

This week has made a wreck of me. A lot of driving, started Saturday and into Sunday And a lot of heavy lifting yesterday. 
I've found time to work on some killa Kans that I started over a year ago. I was of the opinion that they were too far along to Vow. 
I'm working on their bases now, they have come out very nicely so far.

ETL update- 

I haven't picked another project yet buy it looks like we are doing well in the over all standing as I am able to understand it. The whole thing is a mystery to me... 
Keep up the good fight! 

Update.

GorGak had put his mek pit back into gear with instructions to his Mek Boss. "Oi"!! Get something done over there! Or your a panzy git!" 
Not to take that sitting down, Bumpy knuckles "Mek Boss extraordinare" had the chairs thrown out and began cracking the whip and barking orders. His confused grots not wanting to stay late again hopped back to their work!  Like Santa's minions from before old night they hummed the insane songs of the enslave workers as they made weapons of mass destruction for the bosses ....in this case they would be the bosses! "You can't treat us this way! w may be grots but we has rights! "  This would produce a plethora of Killa kans that the committee believed would bring them to freedom! Or at least impress the Boss enough to give them some time off at a future date yet to be determined! Huzzah! 

Real bargaining power would at last be theirs! 

Or so they thought... 

And with out further ahdodoo  ... 
Blog update.

I actually managed to get 9 Killa Kans I have had set aside for a few years, started but kinda far along, finished..or at least to a happy stopping point.

I woulda, shoulda, stuck these in a ETL Vow but I really thought they were a bit too far along and I usually Vow models that are only assembled and primerer at most. 

This would have been roughly another 600 points. (something like that.)

0525180719a.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the little happening above. haha. Silly little gorts have BIG dreams. lol. 

More Mayhem to come!

That is a seriously impressive amount of Orks you painted for someone else! What a great army. Love all the flames you did. Can’t believe the standard for so many Orks.

Kans are great loving the green on them. Again very impressed with the amount your getting done.

That is a seriously impressive amount of Orks you painted for someone else! What a great army. Love all the flames you did. Can’t believe the standard for so many Orks.

Kans are great loving the green on them. Again very impressed with the amount your getting done.

lol. It's cuz I'ma beast! lol.

Well, I had wanted to be a commission painter and I did that for about 2 years but set it aside for now.  I've painted for other people off and on  since 2001. 

My client had Orks he had kinda started but never got finished and I was shooting to match his skin tones and paint style and he was very happy with everything.

Sadly I din't really make any good money on that job. No big deal really. Can't win them all. 

I painted Necrons and put them on Ebay and he bought them and I ended up painting his collections, that was a good project with a good pay out. 

He had a lot of models and ordered new kits delivered to my house, just loads and loads of Crons.

I just try to paint to a nice standard and stay consistent within that project.  

I've still got a lot of Ork models to paint and it may take a while to feel like I am done. 

Update.

The last few days I have been sorting out the basing situation for some near by Grots. 28 of them I'm still 2 models short-ish. Quick and dirty.

med_gallery_3442_13347_79319.jpg

I have one more still in a little bag unbuilt and the last one sill in my Ebay cart. (Maybe next month it'll come home to me.)

Working a small deal for sole store credit at my local game shop (FLGS in Jacksonville FL.) My buddy want's some war bikes and I do have a bunch of them. So we'll see how that goes.

I may have sorted out my next Vow. 2 War Kopptas. which were scratch built by who knows who and bought off Ebay a year ago. Before they were extra cool and open topped! I just need to find all the parts. I've been thinking about basing them on a 0MM base and use a bit of brass rod to hole them up in the air. I need to see what I have around.
(If I put Deff Gunz on them then I think I'll just glue in 2 lootas, much like the Battle wagon Big shoota krews. Same idea anyway.