WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

Update.

My good friend came by for a hobby day yesterday I managed 12 more bases 10 for Tank Bustas 1 for a Nob and 1 for my second and last WAAAGH Banner Nob. 

I just found another painted Grot, this one is metal. I'm up to 30 not! after I paint the one I have in a bag on my table. 

Also Just put the killa kan from my bitz box together and that will be a 4th Grot Zooka. I will have to order a base for it as I don't have one. 
I'm giving myself until the 15th of June to make my second Vow. 

Right now it's 1 Killa Kan 2 War Kopptas and a grot. I am holding off on the 5 storm boys I mentioned before for now there's always July and I am on a budget. 

More to come. 

ETL Update.

I'm nearly ready to post a second vow. 
So far I have
30 shoota boys

2 War Kopptas

1Killa Kan

1 runtherd

4 Nobz.

5 storm boys

I'm tempted to add 20 tank bustas that just need to be finished, they were kinda started but need more work, not sure if that's allowed. 
My plan is one large vow to fill the time between now and the codex drop and hopefully a big finish with one "new model", assuming new models drop with the book. Your guess is as good as mine. 
I'll be be placing my Ebay order for bitz in a day or two, maybe Monday. I need 3 bases and if I can find them the rokkit rack packs the boys with rokkit launchers have. about 9 or 10 of those. Not sure they are a priority right now. Have to see what's in the warchest. 

Edit+++

Placing my vow now will post pictures of the models tomorrow morning.

Edited by Warhead01

Nothing much to report.

Killa Kan base coated dark brown, it's difficult to do as it's assembled but lacking a base so the saw and feet are still showing primer. Should be finished with that shortly. I placed my order for the Storm boys and bases.  It's been 91, feels like 103 here. Really hot. I have yard work to do with haults through out the day and probably just evening painting for a few days. But, the good news is that all the models I have here were started or assembled already so there's that. haha.

ETL Update.

Yesterday evning I managed to get the Killa Kan painted.! Waiting for the base to arrive so pictures after that.  I also managed to build the 2 Kustom shootas I needed for the nobs. 
Just stacks shootas nothing overly special. clip, trim and glue. They do look just a bit small for Nobz but they'll do. 

ETL Update.

The bases I ordered have arrived! It's raining today so I get to hobby. 

The Killa Kan base is all based up, just have to wait for the glue to dry. I've started working on the Nobs and the Runtherd as well. The WarKoptas are covered in dust. 

ETL Update.

Looks like the Killa Kan is done! The Runtherd and Nobz just need their eyes dotted and they are done as well. Haven't worked on anything else really I did put the rotor bladed back on the war Koptas partly still have repair work to do. I'm going to see if I have any brass rod I can use to mount them to their bases, up above their bases. Lastly it looks like the Storm boys are at the post office. I'll get them soon.

ETL Update.

Well, the storm boys have made it home.  Haven't opened their package yet.

The Shoota boys are moving along slowly. the metallic and teeth are started and I am trying to decide about their clothing now.  I guess 'll just stick with the field grey I have been using. 

Just a little time spent over two evenings so far.  

ETL Update.

The Skin on those shoota boys is finally acceptable. I'm starting to paint the straps now, just a few more days and they

ll be "done".  That'll just leave the storm boys and war Koptas.  I've been putting in time out side around the property so painting and hobby is slow right now. Also it had become a struggle for me to want to paint on this big mob from the start but we're getting there. 

ETL Update.

Just have to dot the eyes on those 30 boys now and they are "done". Granted I haven't made them any fancy bases yet. We'll see. 

Next up assembling the 5 storm boys! And maybe base coating a War Kopta. 

At this point I expect this to be the last Vow for this season but I need to get this all done and assess the remaining time ect and see if there's anything "easy" sitting around to knock out. 
But that's a thought for later.

Update.

Yesterday I took basically a hardly competitive list and played as competitively as I could to a loss.  2 brutal turns. I knew my list wouldn't last for more than 3 turns but I made the turns I had count. My usual Scrumgrod is trying to play as competitively as he can with all of his armies constantly.     (it's a bit sickening...lol.  )

So knowing I would probably end up tabled I played for the objectives and earned what points I could as aggressively as possible. It was 4 to 2 at the end of turn (WAAAGH!) on and 8 to 7 at the end of turn two* (WAAAGH!)  But he went first and we started the third turn where that was that he had another 4 points and I was down to 200 point in models left on the table, "good game." :biggrin.:  It's not about not winning it's about kicking him in the teeth with a low power/casual list. Steel sharpens Steel in this case. 
He's a computer on hard mode with a nasty list most of the time. I put zero effort into my list, I was hoping not to play, really wasn't looking forward to it but no matter. Turned into a good, if not short, game. 

* I had an opportunity to ear possibly 7 points that round but had to decide if I might be giving up two objectives...tough call. Now I am questioning if making the first choice would have been worth it or cost me dearly! The shock value of pulling off a long bomb charge, ganking his warlord..who was just standing around counting his metals and "burning his Objective" for the d3 points...  I question if that would have freaked him out and collapsed his mind at the shock. There is a degree of psychology to this game and players might fall into over reacting... which is a trap. haha.

I took 4 mobs of 30 boys. One of those was shoota boys

2 Gorkanauts

5 Killa Kans 1 Bigshoota 2 Rokkits 2 Grotzooka

2 Meks with Killsaw

1 Big mek on war bike, power Klaw KFF

GorGak. HWKC+ Kombi Shoota. 

That's it. 

He brought AM+AC

2 officers.

1 priest

1 commissar 

2 units of 30 conscripts 

4 infantry squads each with an autto cannon and plasma gun

2 LRBT

2 Mortal squads 3 mortars each.

3 squads of 3 AC Jet bkier guys and a Captain on Jet Bike

A hard hitting and nasty list for sure. 

My own list did fairly well but I made a few mistakes and played too conservatively, I thought I was playing smart...we'll never know. lol

I'll add more report after I have gone over the notes. 

Edited by Warhead01

ETL Update.

I'm finally starting on the shoota boys bases. 17 drying then primer. We'll see if I can get the rest set up today as well. 
I've found my stash of brass rod still in the packages unopened. 

Can't wait to see your stuff. :thumbsup:

Ug, I know! lol. This is taking for evaaaa!

'm loading up a blog post with pictures to save time and effort for links. It will be ready to drop very soon!

Just finiseded the Storm boys !

Here's a sneak peak of one of these Boys from da Vow.

med_gallery_3442_13347_22406.jpg

I'l have more progress to report soon!

ETL Update.

Wip Warkopta.

med_gallery_3442_13347_116122.jpg

The painting has begun! still missing a bit or two. I'll figure it out.

Also. Flying Bases for the Warkoptas. Sneak peak.
Bases wip.

med_gallery_3442_13347_88430.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_93880.jpg

The stems are copper tube and cut not quite as tall as the craft pain bottle the Kopta was resting on. I am also going to attach a pin to each kopta to slot into the tubes to keep them in place for play. they will come off for transport.

Looks like you're making pretty good progress with your vow, xenos scum! The boy's facepaint is really characterful and makes his teeth really stand out. The worn and beaten kopta plates are looking good too.

Doing Gorka and Morka's work here. Keep it up and you'll be ready for a good krumping real soon!

lol. No ones Krumpin me smartboy!

ETL Update.

I've set the pins on the Koptas with Green Stuff and am waiting for it to dry over night. The bases are done an came out nicely!

The Warkoptas will be done very soon.

Here's a picture of the battle a week ago Sunday. Just before we started moving models.

med_gallery_3442_13347_147033.jpg

After ETL season plan to make new industrial terrain with a splash of jungle, reusing my terrain and I am now looking for a battle mat that looks right.

I am thinking if I plan ahead to blog out the terrain builds here, take my time and just build one thing from start to finish and then repeat, maybe 8 to 10 terrain features.

Maybe one a month or what ever. Once I get going it will take on a life of it's own...

ETL Update.

Second Vow Complete!
Here are the pictures and I will try for a group picture when I can but I may hold off and do that at the end of this ETL season. 

Killa Kan

Before

0603180706.jpg

After

0608180639.jpg

Nobz

Before

0602181514a.jpg

After

0608181535.jpg 0608181536.jpg

Runtherd

Before

0602181514.jpg

After

0608181533.jpg

Shoota Boys

Before

0602181521.jpg

After

0621181312.jpg

Storm Boys

Before

Were in a box. I guess I forgot to take a picture. Sorry.

After

Picture%2B72.jpg Picture%2B73.jpg

Warkopta 1

Before

0602181515.jpg

After

Picture%2B76.jpg

Warkopta 2

Before

0602181515a.jpg

After

Picture%2B80.jpg

Here's a link to my blog posts with all the pictures from this second vow. 

Second Vow part 1

Second vow part 2

Not much to say. things took as long as they took but I finished. 30 Shoota boys was easy enough but not overly fun and I was just wanting to get them done. The best part of how I pain is even a model I say is done can still get more time under the brush later when the mood strikes me. 
The warkoptas were troublesome as I wasn't sure what to do with the rotor blades so they are minimalist but I was thinking about the trukk tires I did before. Just need to look the part and I think the pavement grey, metal and brown wash does that. 
The bases came out very well. the brass rod did the job easily. 
I think that's about it. 
I'll sort out a post for the mane thread and have it up soon as it's ready. 

Thanks for looking!

Not sure if I will place a third vow or not I have to see what kind of time I have and find something I really want to paint.  So we'll see.