Yeah, it helps that they are both working. Physical therapy is proving fairly painful.  Its also helping that I've made space for my wife to do her crafty stuff in my art room, so putting several hours painting isn't that hard.  Going to finish up 5 more tonight.  I know the characters will slow me down a little, especially the captain, so I'm trying to get the troops out of the way in short order.  The siren song of Chaos is calling to me. I need these loyalist painted. :)

I finished my Vow for the ETL .... finally.  If you want to see them all together, check out my hobby blog or this thread on B&C...  http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346712-space-marines-outpost/page-24

Otherwise, here's what hasn't been shown here. 

The Captain...

captaindone.jpg

The Lieutenants

LTDone.jpg

The Standard

standard.jpg

AND the Intercessors....

primetacdone.jpg

Thanks guys! The camo is a big hit. I'll have to update some of the older guys with it.  Actually getting a game in on Saturday (my first in 8th edition- yes, that is sad) and since the Raptors are the only whole army painted and not in some state of disrepair/refit I'll be taking them.  Battle reports to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

"Another dusty day at Nahn Nadol. The sprawling ruins of the old industrial city went on for miles. Sergeant Slacker doubted this place had ever been pretty, but it was a dusty gloomy :censored: hole now for sure. The possibility that the servants of the Lord of Decay were spreading more misery among the pockets of humans scraping a living on this windswept wasteland made it even worse.

"Sir" remarked Scout Recruit Basil "We've got movement."

"Sir?!?" Slacker stirred from his slouch in the corner where he had almost been comfortable. "I've got dirt on my neck, recruit. I work for a living. That's Sergeant to you. I would have thought all you maggots had figured that out by now. But I guess you're the slow one." He hefted his sniper rifle "Where is this movement, Bastle?"

"Uh, Basil, s...sarge. To the left of that old castle structure, back about 4 blocks"

Honestly, he didn't care. Another meatshield the way recruits had been dropping in this campaign. Slacker swept the old street with his scope. The dust was thick... or maybe it wasn't. It was not moving with the wind.  Flys. Clouds of them. And behind them, shambling forms of giant marines.

"Slack 3 to Kite. Positive ID, Fly force 1 Able. Advise. Over."  He grumbled into his comms, watching a black fly land on the ruined window sill.

"Affirmative. Stay put, we're on our way. Over and out".

"Well.......:censored: " Slacker racked a round in the chamber and steadied his weapon.  "OK, boys. We're staying put. Find the leaders and shoot straight. Help is on the way."

BR81205.jpg

I played my first game of 8th edition...... yeah, I know its been out a while. I have no good excuse. But my Raptors got to go out and get their buts whooped by some Death Guard.  There weer a lot of ups and downs, but I have to say I love both armies. Its really neat to play against an army you have to see what its capable of.  I really liked my first outing in 8th Edition, I enjoyed the game's flow and brutality.  Full Battle report here---->  http://rednekkzmekshop.blogspot.com/2018/08/a-battle-report-i-actually-play-8th.html

BR81208.jpg

Edited by rednekkboss

Thanks! They are one of my favorite units. Planning on doing some more scout snipers. I wish it helped them shoot a bit better though. :) Still the Raven Guard rule, camo cloaks in cover..... they were darn hard to root out. Until that Lord of Contagion showed up. Close combat wasn't really their thing.

It seems like a stereotypical choice but Alpha Legion. Give them cloaks like the HH recon marines, camo it up, and having your opponents get a -1 to hit from being 12" away will feel even better.

Thats the same as Raven Guard. I'm actually about to refit/overhaul my chaos army and plan to use that one.  The Death Guard fill the slot of my Templars of DOOooom , so my regular marines are going to become The Wraiths of DOOooom or DOOooom Wraiths or something ghostly of DOOooom.  Not too many finished minis that don't fit into the Death Guard list, so minimal repainting. ;)   Still toying with some satirical camo-camo marines though, the more I think about it the more I like the idea :teehee::yes::biggrin.::rolleyes:

Hey gang! I need some brainstorming input from the Hive Mind.

My Raptors force is almost finished, so I want to do a  "less than serious" Marine force that is all about camoflage. Since everyone seems to love my camo guys here and on instagram, I figured it'd be fun to push the envelope a bit with patterns and other modelling nonsense.  The big decision, of course , is what to call these guys. 

I'm of two minds:

A single chapter... OR

A force of units from several chapters that love the camo.

I'm also looking for names. Here are some of the ones I've come up with so far and would love to hear any suggestions (remember... not too serious)

The Camomarines

Camo...Camo... CAMO CATS!!!

The Swamp Brothers

The Sneakmarines

The Sneaky Bastards

The Enigmarines (they are mysterious, ya know)

The Sneaky Chameleons

The Brotherhood of Sneak.

The Brotherhood of Stealth

The Furious Ghillies

So any additions that might come to mind or ones above that you prefer, let me know. Definitely looking for some input. Have fun with it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

NO... I have not been THAT productive, but since I will be depositing my glorious Rednekkz here, I figured I'd clue you lot in on what the freebootinest freebooters who ever looted a boot look like. 

One of the most vicious (and basically insane) of the Big Bosses is Da Genrul Rustbutt Kil Lee. He was originally built as a Ghazzy stand in, but actually has been fielded as a Deff Dread on more than one occasion. He's taken a few lascannons to the face, so.... his genius of command ain't so genious-y these days. He sure does love making those elf things go "crunch" though...

DaGenrul.jpg

What keeps the Genrul going after all the punishment he's taken? Well, a host of mekboyz and Ol' Dok Wingnutz, of course.

dokwingnut.jpg

Da Genrul isn't the only Boss. Da Rednekkz gotta get from place to place, so they rely heavily on the ships under command of Kap'n BludBeard. He also has a really nice hat.

Kapnblud.jpg

Then there's Mista Ozprey. He and his ladz are all to happy to go screaming around with rokkits on their backs.

mistaozprey.jpg

stormboys01.jpg

stormboys02.jpg

Those are the ladz that are completely painted. I'll be adding some more to this thread about my Orks in the future. Especially Ork aircraft. :)   

ALSO, thinking of future projects (since I have a ton of unbuilt marines) I'm playing around with the idea of a "Space Wolf" army based more on these guys than wolves.... what do ya think?

dracoline2.jpg