Thanks, mate!  Planning on doing some Kans and planes . Thinking about trying out some of that chipping medium I see lots of folks using. Of course, there's also tons of boyz that need painting. I keep wondering why I'm always attracted to hoard armies.

Da Genrul is jaw dropping! Everything looks great but my lord does that fella look awesome.

I am worried he may have found an ancient humie automotive and used its roof with the stars and bars on his top armor! He probably saw it had his name on it and thought it was destined :)

Da Genrul is jaw dropping! Everything looks great but my lord does that fella look awesome.

I am worried he may have found an ancient humie automotive and used its roof with the stars and bars on his top armor! He probably saw it had his name on it and thought it was destined :smile.:

Orks loot everything. ;)

The 'Genrul' is insane, what a cracking conversion! Very Orky.

The painting on the Orks is really strong, the slight yellow tinge to the green has made a nice tone and the rusty armour works well.

Thanks! I've gone a bit more olivey with my ork flesh than the standard green. Glad you like the way the colors work together, I think it helps with the red and blue too.

The Genrul has been quite the hit with the new pics I took of him on Instagram and such as well.  He's been sitting in his foam box for quite a while. I'm hoping to see how he does on the tabletop sometime this fall.  But looking him over, I'm pretty pleased with the work I did all those years ago.

• 2 months later...

Waiting on the new codex to dive into orks again.  I discovered Super Clean Degreaser for getting paint off old minis (Yes.... I know, I'm very late to the party)   Now I'm mulling a new Space Marine project, since I have a ton of Marines in varied states that need conversion. 

So a few questions for the masses....

I'd like to do a "showcase" army of sorts...i.e, lots of conversions, painted to my best standard. Some thoughts.....

1: "The Dire Wolves"  My first army was Space Wolves, so I have some nostalgia there. Though its been done to death. I'd like to do a more "viking" version than the, frankly, cartoony thing they have turned into - IMO.

2: "The Remnants":  I also have several ideas for "not-so-serious" chapters and have long thought about a force of chapter "remnants" brought together by an Inquisitor.  It could easily be done just using the Ultramarines chapter tactics, since so many have been drawn from them. That could allow me to explore such exemplars of the Imperial soldiery as- The Emperor's Rabid Trash Pandas, The Dark Knights, The Enigmarines, The Furious Fists, etc....etc...etc.   Not to mention various creepy Inquisitorial conversions.

3: "The Auction"  Paint up a bunch of squads in the more popular chapters and try to find homes for them.  The varied schemes is attractive (though I can do that with #2)... but, does anyone want shorty space marines anymore. I mean Primaris is the new Black.

4: "The Venerators of Osiron"  A name mentioned only once in a Chapter Approved long, long ago. I decided to adopt the name and make something of it. With Babylonian/Assyrian inspired imagery of the Lion and the Vulture, its a homebrew (of sorts) that I thought would be very cool.

So, there's some ideas. Any feedback? What would you like to see? A couple of these ideas are outside the norm. Something fresh? Something Old, rebooted?  Knowing the old Rednekk (and I am officially old now) what do you think would be fun to see me work on?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Y'all!   Entry # 3482 in the Rednekk's book of crazy ideas.

THIS......

dropparts.jpg

...PLUS Gubbins, Orks, LOTS of Dakka and such, equals..... THIS.....

airboat.jpg

I'd start with "counts as" Trukks, but it also opens them up for the various speedstas and such.  I mean, we are talking about redneck Ork Pirates here...... this might be a bit too much fun.

• 10 months later...

Right!!  Another challenge, another chance to not finish on time!!! WAAAAAaaaaaaargh!!  But, they always get me building.   I've dusted off my Orks and Da Genrul has told me its finally time to get the lads ready to chase down his nemesis Ol' Arch-Duke Goldtoof!!!  First up, we nail some grots inside Kans and cut them loose!

kans01.jpg

Fun kit!!! Being a bit retentive though, I have to fill in the seams and such,  Mucked up seams are OK on Ork stuff, but they need to be in the right place.

kans02.jpg

Then its on to battle damage and such......

kans03.jpg

Da Genrul isn't the only Boss. Da Rednekkz gotta get from place to place, so they rely heavily on the ships under command of Kap'n BludBeard. He also has a really nice hat.

Kapnblud.jpg

Hah! Saw this guy floating around on Facebook recently, should’ve recognized your handiwork! Really love your Orks, just bursting with creativity as always.

ha! Thanks Lex!  Got suprised with a work shift tomorrow, but I should have another Orky update up in the next couple days. Hoping to do justice to the old artwork/concept of Ork /genestealer hybrids. Should be fun!

The camo is really well done looks great! Really dig the ork with the flag on it that's really neat! The standard too, you're an amazing painter!

Thanks, mate!! Appreciate the praise!

The Kans are coming along nicely.  Most of the construction in done, save two grotzooka arms.  I left the other arms off for ease of painting.  But here they are.

kans06.jpg

kans05.jpg

"Oi!!!  Me arm's OFF!!!

kans04.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm supposed to build a plane for my Waagh challenge. I was thinking about a biplane, but just don't have time for that kind of conversion (at least to get it done before next Jun)... so I built 2.

orkplanes4.jpg

orkplanes3.jpg

The basic builds are done. Have to do some detailing, but painting the air crew is next..

orkplanes2.jpg

orkplanes1.jpg

More progress on the planes. Construction is done and they are primed. I did a few minor modifications. I could have spent a week just tricking out and detailing them, but I just haven't had the hobby hours to spend.  First thing I did was cover up all the ugly holes for options on the underwings

dakkawing.jpg

I also added a bullet deflector on the tail of the Burna Bomma, because...ya know...grot gunner.

burnatail.jpg

So, they are primed and ready for me to dust off my airbrush tomorrow....

burnabomba1.jpg

dakkajet1.jpg

AND...speaking of that Grot gunner.....

gunner1.jpg

gunner2.jpg

gunner3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Look..... an airbrush!!

burnabomba4.jpg

And 2 hours of fun with masking tape....

jetmasking.jpg

Then a dark blue base color.....

dakkajet2.jpg

dakkajet4.jpg

dakkajet3.jpg

And the bomber....

burnabomba2.jpg

burnabomba3.jpg

Next I'll ork up that clean paint scheme.....

• 3 weeks later...