"Breacher squad" analogue

Deafbok

I've been playing around with the Index since release, just musing over the various entries, and came up with this one based on the Company Veterans entry. 

If I'm reading it correctly, you can arm them all with combi-weapons and storm shields.

My imagination immediately went to a 5 man squad armed with combi-flamers and storm shields in the tight corridors of a space hulk - and they feel right to me in terms of fluff for the Sons of Dorn. 

Up to 40 shots a turn from this squad in rapid-fire range, and they can tank some serious return fire. They also remain relatively mobile as they're in power armour. 

Park them next to a captain and apothecary to buff them as a boarding party. 

Thought it would be a fun, if expensive, concept. Any thoughts on this as a unit?

You used to be able to create a neat Breacher-like unit with the Command Squad but I've just realised that unit has disappeared in this edition... :mellow.: The Command Squad has become the Company Veterans with the Apothecary, Champion, and Standard Bearer split off into seperate units.

Anyway, after looking at the Index and Battlescribe, it apears that you cannot equip the Veteran Sergeant with a storm shield ("Any Space Marine Veteran [...]"). Which is a bit silly. Hopefully this is a mistake and GW will rectify it. Or if your opponents are cool with it, you could probably give the Sergeant a storm shield anyway.

You used to be able to create a neat Breacher-like unit with the Command Squad but I've just realised that unit has disappeared in this edition... :mellow.: The Command Squad has become the Company Veterans with the Apothecary, Champion, and Standard Bearer split off into seperate units.

Anyway, after looking at the Index and Battlescribe, it apears that you cannot equip the Veteran Sergeant with a storm shield ("Any Space Marine Veteran [...]"). Which is a bit silly. Hopefully this is a mistake and GW will rectify it. Or if your opponents are cool with it, you could probably give the Sergeant a storm shield anyway.

I must have missed that. Hadn't thought of the LotD option, will need to have a look at what they can take this edition. 

List building is going to be an interesting exercise for the next while, I reckon. What used to be an 1850 point force for me is now around 2700!