Crimson Fist Transfers

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but having no luck finding anything for it i thought i would ask here.

I've just started a Crimson Fist force, primarily with the Marines from the Dark Imperium box set and after having a look I can't find a good source of the Crimson Fist transfers.

The only ones i can find are 5 on the sheets that come with tactical marines (i think). I could buy a £16 sheet from FW but they are only Imperial Fist and black and white not red.

So what do people do for their transfers?

Forge World used to have a Crimson Fists transfer sheet but that disappeared a while ago.

You can find a Crimson Fists decal sheet ready to be used here and here. If you'd like to use another fist design for your decals (a more modern one, for example), I'd recommend contacting @Carlson793 and ask him to create a decal sheet for you (all that's needed is a polite PM and the symbol you'd like to use). I'd suggest using Chapter Customizer to actually print the decals.

I hope that helps. :thumbsup:

you could also go this route but I don't know what the shipping cost would be for you.....King's Fist icons on Shapeways.

When I was building my Crimson Fists I used embossed shoulder pads from GW (pewter and finecast) 

Edited by war009

Thanks for all the suggestions. I had seen those decals before, but was unsure if anyone had found any official sheets.

WIth regards to the shoulder pads, I have thought about getting some of those before (there are loads of sellers on shapeways) but i just think i would prefer to do decals, much easier in my opinion and cheaper too

I bought some Templar ones from Shapeways, I'll let you know how they turn out, could be an option to supplement your decals. You might be able find some of the tactical transfers on ebay for relatively cheap as well

• 1 month later...

So i went with printed decals........which dont work lol. Because im using an inkjet printer, there seems to be an issue with ink / colour density and so the red is very very transparent and can hardly be seen against the blue armour.

I now have to come up with a new way to get the correct and decent looking decals onto my painted minis at a reasonbale cost.

Any ideas people?

How many do you need?  There used to be Transfer Sheets that came in most of the boxes that had a few Fist (both Imp and Crimson) and I'm pretty sure I've got a whole stack of them around here...

Will those work?

Paul

They would indeed, i have 2 sheets of those myself, they have 5 CF transers per sheet. I worked out i would need abou 96 for my current army, but im adding to it all the time so extras are always wecome.

It just irks me that in the Dark Imperium box you get loads of UM, BA, DA, and space wolves but none for the other chapters. Even if there were just generic IF ones that would be ok. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some Templar ones from Shapeways, I'll let you know how they turn out, could be an option to supplement your decals. You might be able find some of the tactical transfers on ebay for relatively cheap as well

So did you receive them? They look way to fat for shoulder pads for me. 

Anarchist, what about FW etched brass? I've bought it and works great for me :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I checked online and the small sheet that used to come with marine kits has so me u der the Dark Angels section.

They have the assault crosses, devastator explosion, and the tactical arrows that go sideways.

There's also a larger DA transfer sheet GDubs made with more and with vehicle markings. You could probably eBay plenty of them for cheap.