True-Scale Power Fists/Chainfists

This is a random one, and I apologize if there's any topic already on here about this but I didn't see any when I searched it. I'm considering dabbling in some true-scaling just to try and push myself as a modeler - and I emphasis PUSH myself because I do not have the skill or experience of the vast majority of the people on here that I look to for inspiration. My vision exceeds my talent, as they say :wallbash: .

That being said, I hate how short and stubby a lot of true-scaled arms look. Now I know there are relatively simple ways to scale regular arms up without massive greenstuffing or other skilled sculpting, but I was wondering what to do with weapons that are clearly supposed to be oversized, like power fists and chainfists. Is there a go-to model people use when making true-scaled marines with power fists? Are any GW/Forgeworld model's fists particularly large or well-suited for this sort of thing? I know the Primarch models are a popular source of bits for true-scale cannibalization, but only Guilliman has a power fist and his FW one isn't exactly modeling-friendly for general purposes, though his GW one might be better I don't know.

I guess my question is this - what do you use for true-scale power fists/ chainfists? Bits, modeling tricks, etc,

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I'd just use a regular Chain/Powerfist. It'll still look big and bulky, you don't need to make it look bigger. Other than that, Terminator fists usually tend to be slightly larger than power armour fists.

Of course it depends on how big you make your true-scale marines, but anything up to Primaris size will look fine with regular Chain/Powerfists :tu: