Assassins in 8th Ed. Grey Knights

Sammer

Hi all, first time posting. I wanted to get peoples' thoughts on using the assassin units in a typical GK force. The Eversor Assassin in particular is quite cheap (70pts) and seems really useful for supplementing weaknesses for conventional GK armies (heavy vehicles, infantry blobs).

Plus, eight -1 AP +1 St attacks with wound re-rolls on T1 (plus his shooting) seems bonkers. He's pretty guaranteed to get into combat with 3D6 charge dice and command point re-rolls.

So what's the thinking? I've been away from the hobby a while so maybe I'm missing something and assassins are either bad or unuseful for GK forces. Should I maybe be looking at the Vindicaire instead?

Eversor might not be as useful in light of how good storm bolters are, that being said it does have a ton of attacks. Really have to try it to find out.

Personally i've tested 2 other assassins so far, the vindicare and culexus.

The vindicare just isn't that great if you're only taking one. In one game all he did was put 3 wounds on an enemy character (bad rolls). Savvy opponents will try to avoid him and more often than not they can by either gettig in transports or combat or hiding.

Culexus seems quite useful when facing psykers. Coupled with the high number of denies/casts we generally have, it gives us dominance over the psychic phase. I haven't tested him out against non-psyker armies.

Do note however that a lot of this depends on your playstyle and what you want/need in your army.

Eversors will be great for helping put a hurt on swarm armies. Due to our lack of numbers and how cheap and option he is, he can fit that role.

Callidus and culexus are character assassins. With their ability to cause high rend and ignore invul, their great for trying to kill an hq if they get that first hit. Also good for hitting other priority targets.

Vindicaire probably got downgraded the most. Costs one of the highest to be less effective. Good for some pot shots and making your opponent nervous, but any one above the skill of an average player is going to shrug him off And target him if they have any spare weapons when they get to him