8th Edition - Chaplain and Company Veteran Bikers

I have brought the Company Veterans Squad to the maximum number with this additional Initiate and an Apothecary. The latter is a conversion of the metal model, as I am too stingy to buy the full 6-man Finecast(?) Company Command.

Company Veteran Biker 4 – with Storm Shield and Power Sword:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_75007.jpg

Apothecary with Narthecium and Chainsword:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_214257.jpg

Mate, these look awesome!! I can't figure how to load pics from my phone, but I've got a Marshall, Champion, apothecary and three vets with lances on bikes. I know three is the wrong number for vets in one squad, but I had 6 bikes.

Love the conversions and the painting. And they're bloody fun to play.

Edit: Just realized I already posted this in response to P_s previous pics. Obviously very excited about bikers.

Edited by Stemplar

@Stemplar

You have no problem with Company Veteran numbers in your squad. The Marshall, Champion and Apothecary are characters, and thus the biker squad can be for 1x Sword Brethren plus 1x Initiate, and up to three more Vets if you take the extra Power number.  

I have brought the Company Veterans Squad to the maximum number with this additional Initiate and an Apothecary. The latter is a conversion of the metal model, as I am too stingy to buy the full 6-man Finecast(?) Company Command.

Company Veteran Biker 4 – with Storm Shield and Power Sword:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_75007.jpg

Apothecary with Narthecium and Chainsword:

Hidden Content
gallery_23461_6132_214257.jpg

There is no finecast command squad. The only command squad box there is is plastic and they are all on foot.

Are Company Veterans on Bikes Chapter specific? I run WS and I'd love to incorporate these bad boys, but I haven't found them in a codex/index. Help please

See p. 27 of Index Imperium I.

Edited by Quixus

• 1 month later...

I know that this thread is a bit old but....

I have 9 bikes.

I don't know what to do wit them.

I thought about:

1x Captain on bike

1x Apothecary

1x Chaplain (due to role of cool), because captain makes it better

And i have 6 models left.

I thought about making 2 squads of company veterans on bikes.

And here is question.

I need to buy some bits. Probably I'll magnetise them all to have some options of loadout.

But.  How to equipe them all?

Apothecary and chaplain - no problem. keep them cheap.

Captain usually WT -> iron resolve +1W and ignore dmg on 6 -> Here is a challenge. weapon -  Thunder hammer or relic blade? something punchy in CC... in my opinion TH is better due to S8, and re-rolls of 1. It is easier to wound almoust everything. But Armor indominus or Shield eternal?  2+/3++ (with normal SS), or 3+/3++ and halve the dmg.... what will give him more durability? I think tha Shield eternal, but I'm poor at mathhammer so help please.

And Company Veterans. If I want them as ablative wounds pool (bodyguard rule) i'll keep them cheap, maby combi plasma to make some shooting power. I'm a bit confused because there is so many options....

Probably I'll ride with 3 company veterans and small unit of 3 normal bikes with plasma guns (or better chainswords?) ehhh so many options.

Please help, maby some of you have some experience that i don't have. 

Edited by Aegir_Einarsson

• 3 weeks later...

So after some thinking I'll have captain with TH And SS.

Apothecary, chaplain, And 6 veterans on bike. All with double chainswords.

24 attacks in CC, 24 bolter shots in rapid range. Bodyguard rule for my captain And apothecary.

Weapons Probably swapable, but i really like the idea of two chainswords. And they're quite cheap option.

What you think?