Loot all the things!

FlamingDeth

It’s the sturdiness at the hips actually, that’s going to be the weakest point on the model and it’s load bearing. Both legs are bent so there’s no good way to run a rod all the way through into the hips. That’s why I’m thinking either a loincloth (regular or one of those crazy chain ones chaos lords have) to hide a rod through or build up a nice sturdy arm that can be grabbing a piece of rock or building or something that’s attached to the base. Just something to add support so that it does break loose at the hips. Edited by CardinalVirtue

• 2 weeks later...

Progress so far. Not much to report, did more stuff with the panzee leg, made him a sword, stuck together what I have. Trying to decide if I want to put foot-claws on the panzee legs like the kan foot has. I left some spots for them but I'm not sure it needs it.

gallery_47416_13367_5174.jpeg

I suppose that now I have to figure out what the extra weapons are going to be. Other arm is going to have a big ol axe to complement the big ol sword, but there’s two other weapons to worry about. I’m probably going to wrist mount them on the handy dandy wrist mounts there things come with. Probably big shootas or rokkits.

Edited by CardinalVirtue

I had some actual time to sit down and work on this some more, so here we have it with all the arms attached! Getting very close to done. Just have to reinforce the sword arm with hydrolics and build up the front of the torso more, maybe add claws to the right foot. I went with all CCW because why not

med_gallery_47416_13367_696365.jpeg

The tank track loincloth was kindly donated by my looted rhino. But wait, doesn’t the rhino need it’s tracks, you ask? Well, it had a bit of an accident...with a saw...

med_gallery_47416_13367_403662.jpeg

Except in this case it’s less accident and more on purpose. I figured I’d refine the rhino a bit after this and had the thought that if I recessed the engine int the cab then it wouldn’t be as long as the actual trukk model. The only possible solution to this problem is obviously slicing it in half and making it longer. It also makes the doors wider so more boyz can fit through!

[snip]

I figured I’d refine the rhino a bit after this and had the thought that if I recessed the engine int the cab then it wouldn’t be as long as the actual trukk model. The only possible solution to this problem is obviously slicing it in half and making it longer. It also makes the doors wider so more boyz can fit through!

Of course! This makes perfect sense! :biggrin.:

• 2 years later...

For looted vehicles, I'm having a strong inclination towards non gw kits... the orks butchery of their mekboys should make up for the nongwness of ore realistic kits...

I might bash some ww2 halftraks for some ork trucks... dangit... you people keep giving me more ideas than I have time for...

I can confirm. Bolt Action half tracks work for Orks. Scale wise they lend themselves better as Grot Tanks in my opinion... But saying that, I cut it down for that. 

Great little Blog my dude! Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing you awesome work!